01.01.14

HIT THE RESET BUTTON

jpeg-1
a8624e3a14af94ac136b522879033b42

and just like that, it all starts over again. a new year and a reset mind that’s ready to jump back into the grind. i’ve never been a huge new year’s eve fan. i always forget to plan something, forget to buy a dress in time, or just don’t really care for the crowded drunk NYE scene. but somehow, no matter where i spend the last minute of the year, even if it’s in my friend’s living room in my pajamas, i get this special feeling when the clock strikes midnight. it always feels a little cinematic. i feel connected to arian and proud of the struggles we’ve gotten past. sure, we’re not perfect but relationships take work and we’re working at it. and it feels exciting to plan things to look forward to together. just for a minute, it feels like a new chance at something when the year starts over. it’s definitely a made-up feeling, it’s not real. january 1st is the same as april 23rd, but it doesn’t matter. it feels nice to write down what we hope to change in our lives, even if we don’t change at all.

i read this post that i wrote last january, when i was clearly not feeling ready for the new year’s hype. i can still relate to the words i wrote then, but i also feel in a very different head space this january. i took some time today to focus on what made me happy last year and wrote down a bunch of nonsense stream of consciousness ideas for this blog. none of them really make sense yet, but i am excited to watch them come to life over the next few weeks.

let’s shake things up this year, ok?

(push pop confetti available here)

• 1. Ursula  |  January 1st, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I’ve never been a fan of New Year’s and it always stressed me out the “pressure” of having to be having fun somewhere at a party…I don’t feel that way anymore, thank goodness and I agree with you that Jan 1 could be April 23rd… But it is nice to see the calendar in January and see the number 1 as a new beginning ;)

• 2. Brittni  |  January 1st, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I’ve never been a huge fan of NYE either… but you’re totally right about that magic spark that happens at midnight. Even if it is make believe :) I can’t wait to read all about the exciting adventures that 2014 has in store for you!

• 3. Anonymous  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 3:15 am

It’s pretty cool that your 2013 New Years post was kind of uninspired, and then look how fantastic your 2013 turned out to be! : ) No pressure is the way to go!

• 4. Katrin  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 3:32 am

I don’t love NYE but the feeling of a fresh new start om 1st of January. If the year doesn’t start too nice, I’ll make another start with the Chinese New Year (this year on 1st of February). So I can expect just the best of 2014!
    Bri, thanks for all the inspiration and fun. Have a GREAT 2014!

• 5. Helena  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 4:44 am

I can totally relate! I’ve never been a huge NYE fan either, and always feel like you could make plans and goals for change anytime of the year.
    Anyway, we actually had a pretty cool Space Party this (last) year, so in that sense NYE seems like a good excuse to actually make the effort to plan an amazing party and make it happen.
    Happy New Year, Bri!

• 6. Diana  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 7:01 am

I feel the same way! I spent a few days trying to figure out some new years resolutions for myself, or even a vague plan for the year, before having to admit it just wasn’t going to happen… Instead I just set some goals for January and felt so liberated by allowing myself the freedom to change course later!

• 7. Holli Anne  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 8:58 am

Love hitting the reset button and stream of consciousness goals. They will make sense for sure!

Excited about your blog in 2014! Happy New Year!

• 8. maggie  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 11:32 am

Amen! Love this – really feeling 2014 already.

• 9. hejmel  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 6:38 pm

OK!
    x

• 10. http://www.youtube.com/wa&hellip  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 8:27 pm

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 11. catherine  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I like exactly how you said this; you’re a phenomenally gifted designer with a knack for words (but no doubt you’ve heard this before). Bring on more awesomeness!

• 12. Melanie  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I was so excited to see these images! Mississippi needs more positive exposure (that’s where Thimblepress is based out of). Kristen’s website is below. She does a bunch of cool letterpress stuff too! http://www.thimblepress.com/

• 13. http://www.youtube.com/wa&hellip  |  January 5th, 2014 at 12:15 am

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 14. Land Wilson  |  January 12th, 2014 at 9:48 am

This is one of the cutest confetti poppers I’ve seen, but whenever this plastic confetti is let loose outside, large amounts of it are on a one way course to the ocean. I would love to see their confetti made from colorful paper instead.

• 15. Youtube.Com  |  May 13th, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Take advantage of the download that you can use the dialog trademark to relate with others and join
    clans to support each one along these lines.
    In seconds, you will get matched against less active opponents, clash of
    clans hack gems for iphone allowing you to steal resources
    easily. Gaming is a billion dollar industry, and if you wish to exist
    in the game, join the fun – its free! They now travel in packs,
    virtual gangs that terrorize businesses and individuals, preying on the uninformed, the weak and
    the technologically uneducated.

Stop by my web-site; Clash Of Clans Hack No Survey No Password – Youtube.Com,

• 16. clash of clans hack tool v8.8 password  |  May 20th, 2014 at 4:29 am

Most game titles nowadays are for sale to enjoy online
    with other people. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all
    the beautiful things you find on the web like weddings, home
    decoration, and recipes. The media have made state policies quite a spectacle.

• 17. http://findstdtestinginfo.blogspot.com/  |  June 7th, 2014 at 1:20 am

Exactly how would you like it if a person did that to you?
    It In’t a great Idea t tr t Wait a yeast An infection out.
    Smile, crack jokes, and don’t take life as well critically.

Feel free to surf to my blog post; http://findstdtestinginfo.blogspot.com/

• 18. injusticegodsamonguscheatsx.wordpress.com  |  July 24th, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I
    could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same
    blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

my web-site … injustice gods among us cheats (injusticegodsamonguscheatsx.wordpress.com)

• 19. hackncracks  |  October 6th, 2014 at 5:10 am

Hi it’s me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this web site is really fastidious and
    the users are iin ffact sharing good thoughts.

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg