12.04.13

STYLE / 110

when chantal asked me what ideas i had for our next style shoot, i started dreaming up this film shoot inspired by anna karina’s film “a woman is a woman.” french new wave is one of my biggest inspirations and i really wanted to recreate it. my boyfriend agreed to be in the shoot with me and was a really good sport.

inspiration-anna

we always start the process by pulling inspiration images. then we sort out the wardrobe options & location. for this shoot, we had a couple of key accessories & props we wanted to have: a trench coat, red tights, a sweater and vintage lingerie. luckily most of that we already had. and of course, we needed the brunette wig. nicole picked up this one and gave it a cute haircut right before the shoot on my front porch. we didn’t need every detail to be exactly the same, just reminiscent. this was a ton of fun to be a part of, so happy to watch the shoot come to life.

CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE FULL POST…

this shoot definitely made me question whether to switch up my hair color in real life too. it might be a nice change…

chantal shot medium format & black and white film. it created the perfect 60’s vibe.

we found arian’s outfit at zara. i love the options they have for men…

one of my favorite scenes in the movie is when they do these funny poses in the street…

photos by: chantal anderson
hair by: nicole gehweiler
styling by: joanie cusack
more style posts: right here

* disclaimer: bri emery inc, along with its company designlovefest  and any subsidiaries does not in any way endorse the use of tobacco. the use of tobacco was simply for story telling purposes and used purely as a prop in this shoot.

Wendy Norman says:

This disclaimer cracks me up. 🙂 Love this shoot!!

Theresa says:

This is such a fun photoshoot! You will look great whether you come on over to the brunette side or stay blondie! The 2nd to last picture is hilarious!!

Dana says:

Sooooo good. You look good with brown hair.

warmly,
    dana

Lynn says:

The disclaimer! Bahahahaha! I live in Paris, where no one has gotten the memo that smoking is bad for you, but get this, their life expectancy is longer than ours…

kelsey says:

this is gorgeous! love the styled shoot and you look gorgeous with brown hair
    ladies in navy

Chelsea says:

You look gorgeous Bri! I think you would be amazing as a brunette. What a fun shoot!

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

Love these! Beautiful job xx

Annie says:

these pictures are fab – I love the funny poses especially! The dark hair looks v.cool. Anna karina is such a babe

kristin says:

love love these images.

Stefania says:

Tremendous! Time and again, your work is uber-inspiring (not to mention beautiful)!

This is kinda awesome! It’d be fun to do just for a fun with my boyfriend so we have some cute fun photos together.

hammerandheels.blogspot.com

Celia says:

YOU are amazing! These are fantastic. 🙂

Jensen says:

OMG. This is the best style shoot you’ve done so far. Everything about it is just perfect.

(And totally for the color change if you decide to do it!)

KAIT says:

you disclaimer cracked me up. love everything about this and impressed that you convinced your guy to participate! nicely done 🙂

Rebecca says:

Those last 3 photos are just awesome.

Hayhay says:

You should dye your hair! So gorgeous!

Amelia says:

love! you guys are such a gorgeous couple. and the brown hair really makes your eyes pop, looks beautiful on you.

Valerie C says:

AHH, the ones at the end are so, so fun. your man is a good sport! haha

xo http://www.lilyonfillmore.com

Love love LOVVVVVVEEEE! This is perfect. And that haircolor looks GREAT on you.

Jamie says:

This is perfect. And oh my goodness, I want an Anna Karina wig like that (aside from being smart, cool, badass ladies – French newwave actresses have the best hair – Karina, Deneuve, Bardot, etc.)

LOVE these! i love them all but the one with you holding the flower is my favourite!

Very cute shoot. I love the hair color on you!! It makes your eyes (color) pop!

Vanessa Mael says:

Gorgeous! Your creativity is so inspiring!

Elicia Bryan says:

Stop it! You are freaking adorable. That hair! Those clothes! Too much.

Jackie says:

Oh these are so beautiful! Have you ever seen For Lovers Only? It’s a film set in France by the Polish brothers done entirely in black and white with a sixties vibe. It’s one of my faves – I think you’d really like it.

Super hot post! For such a blondie, you really look good as a brunette. The disclaimer is hilarious. Smoking really does make a scene more glamorous.

Rachel says:

Oh! LOVE it! So inspired. Would be a fantastic engagement shoot theme. Thank you!!!!

Loli says:

OY! Yes! One of my favorite style shoots produced by your team. I love the first photo and the last couple of posed shots. So whimsical and fun. I was just thinking about french noir today for no particular reason and then checked your site and , voila! Great job. I also can’t wait to hear the reviews on at-home blogshop. I would have secured a spot if i hadn’t just spent all my money traveling abroad for holiday. yikes.

awesome all around and i gotta say, the dark hair looks smashing on you, dahling. like your disclaimer, too. 😉 xo

nora says:

Obsessed! What a fun and gorgeous shoot.

Daisy says:

I LOVE these images!! MAkes me want to cut my bangs like that! Hehe.

Ago says:

This is awesome!

Since we have a baby girl now and family lives 9000km away we have to make constantly photos of us for them. After the 3rd shoot it gets boring if you don’t spice it up. This theme is a great on for our next family shooting.

Domo arigatou for the instiration!

Angélique says:

You are so pretty Bri! I love the atmosphere of those photos…

Claire says:

these photos bring so much warmth and playfulness to an otherwise freezing and still day. must watch this movie now, thanks for sharing your inspiration!

maggie says:

You look AMAZING as a brunette!

giulia says:

i love love love this! you look amazing in that color, but honestly, you look amazing all the time:) those two black and white pictures kill me and the outdoor pictures with the red tights make the most adorable christmas cards!!!!

Claire says:

p.s. where oh where did you find that lingerie???

Mari says:

This was the best part of my day! Great post :))))

Kia says:

Ohh what a wonderful photoshoot <3

caitie says:

this photoshoot is absolutely gorgeous! you also look amazing as a brunette!

Jamy says:

Such a great shoot. So very fortunate you are a lovely blonde and brunette. Amazing.

Love this shoot! You really captured the mood of the film. When I first saw your instagram I thought you had changed your hair – it really suits you! Keep the wig and have the best of both worlds xx

emily says:

girl! your hair should have been that color yesterday! 🙂

p.s. LOVE the disclaimer. right on.

This… is too good. I think you should seriously consider becoming a brunette.

nicole b says:

super adorable! love these!

Holly says:

You look so fabulous as a brunette! And wow, that green sweater looks great with the hair. I might have to get one in that color now.

Tanya says:

love the concept and the way your shoot turned out. Super french and chic, you look Fab. love your confidence and super supportive boyfriend.

Erin Radler says:

I try to refrain from commenting on your blog obsessively, but oh my god, you are a beautiful genius. I LOVE this. God damnit, I love this. Nice work, Bri!

Stacia says:

Such a fun inspirational shoot. Your eyes look amazing!

I LOVE those eyelashes…I can never get that heavy, think look just right

I really love this one!!! Great idea and great models 🙂

Sally says:

This has got to be my favourite of your style posts yet! It’s so fun and super stylish, and these shots are gorgeois. Also, you reeeally suit brunette!

this is so rad. very mad men. I’m so happy that your man is willing to shoot with you. such a great guy

aubrey says:

You look AMAZING with brown hair too!! Loved this.

This might be my favorite of your shoots! I love the photo of you with the big white flower and also the b&w ones of you and Arian.

laura w. says:

Thanks for the shirtless Arian pic! What a treat for the ladies! 🙂

Alex says:

Um WOW. The photos look like fun and are kind of gutsy, too. Had to scroll up because I did not know that first pic was you. Hot Damnnn. And you guys are going to print, frame, and forever keep that last shot right?

kirsten says:

these pictures are gorgeous!

Jessica Wray says:

GOSH! I love everything about this! You make one lust worthy long-lashed 60’s pretty !

Andrea says:

Love this! And you should keep the wig! You look awesome as a brunette but you look great as a blonde too. Keep the wig and never have to choose!

s h e r r y says:

These are AMAZING! I think you look great as a brunette.

m a r y says:

CHANGE YOUR HAIR COLOR – it looks so great on you

Kimberly O says:

What a wonderful, inspired (as always!), photoshoot. You and Arian look wonderful.!!

Mrs D says:

This looks like so much fun! Love it when you do 60s style shoots.

Bailey says:

What a fun idea!!! You guys must have a blast thinking these things up! 🙂

Bailey

Pingback: Minecraft Cracked
    Pingback: PSN Code Generator
    Pingback: try this out
    Youtube.com says:

At this time I am going away to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming yet again to read other news.

Visit my blog; Youtube.com

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed
    reading it, you’re a great author. I will make certain to bookmark
    your blog and will come back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great
    work, have a nice day!