11.01.13

HOUSE SWAP / BEHOMM

a student in my class a few weeks ago told me about a site called behomm. it’s a site where you can just swap homes with someone. so it costs you nothing. the catch is that it’s only for designers and visual artists (meaning there are some SERIOUSLY well designed homes in the mix)

Screen shot 2013-10-31 at 12.27.24 PM

i’m thinking about doing it sometime, but sure do feel the pressure to step up my home decor after seeing all these awesome spaces…

107

as a freelancer, the freedom to work remotely is definitely the best part. (and believe me, there are some not so great parts about it) but, i sure wouldn’t mind working from paris or new york for the week…

1745

don’t these look great?

4050

i usually rent apartments when i go abraod, so behomm seems like a great alternative. just pay for the flight and the rest is handled.

3215

would you feel comfortable with someone in your home, while you stayed at theirs?

2713

• 1. Megan  |  November 1st, 2013 at 5:21 am

Oh my god, that New York apartment is a dream coming true, it’s incredibly gorgeous! You should so trade with them!

• 2. Charlotte  |  November 1st, 2013 at 7:06 am

Oh wow such an awesome idea, and a great way to stay in such amazingly decorated homes! I’ve used airbnb, which was great, though I think I would be a little nervous of people staying in my home!

• 3. Alecia  |  November 1st, 2013 at 7:38 am

this is ridiculously amazing! It reminds me of the whole holiday movie.

• 4. Taylor  |  November 1st, 2013 at 9:52 am

That apartment is so well designed! What a great opportunity! :)
    xx
    ~Taylor

Check out my new post with exclusive footage from the Free People Holiday Fashion Show! :)

• 5. Caitlin  |  November 1st, 2013 at 11:09 am

What an awesome idea!! Man, now I wish I was a designer so I could sign up. I wonder if they have any similar sites for writers/bloggers?

• 6. ellen  |  November 1st, 2013 at 11:46 am

How nice, such a good idea! The first one must be in Amsterdam, you should go there!

• 7. Anni  |  November 1st, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Love this idea. But I’m with you, I’d feel like I had to seriously step up my decorating game first! Those apartments are beyond gorgeous.

• 8. maggie  |  November 1st, 2013 at 12:27 pm

This is amazing – and I agree with Caitlin – writers like to write in nice places, too!

• 9. amber  |  November 1st, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Omg! My desire to travel just increased by tenfold!! LOVE that house in Denmark! I’ve actually seen a section on Craigslist for this, too, and have talked to my boyfriend about doing it. I’d really like to go to the far north of Europe, or Alaska where you are sure to see the Aurora! He says once are kids are a little older and we’re more settled. Can’t wait!

So glad to hear that there is a whole website devoted to this, though! Weeee!

• 10. erica  |  November 1st, 2013 at 2:40 pm

i was considering a house swap for a week or two this winter, but don’t know how to find trustworthy people to swap with :( my house really does not compare to these!

• 11. Daphne  |  November 1st, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Good reason te visit Amsterdam!

• 12. canvasofculture  |  November 1st, 2013 at 3:30 pm

all so beautiful! I am most attracted to the New York one. A house swap sounds like an absolutely wonderful thing to do!

canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

• 13. Eva Calduch and Agusiti Juste  |  November 2nd, 2013 at 11:28 am

Thanks so much for all these great comments. We are the founders of Behomm. Please note that not all homes in our community are as high designed as in this post… all homes fit in our community from small cottages to city lofts. Personally we get so happy when a small beautiful home registers. We look forward to welcoming you in our community. :-) Eva and Agust

• 14. ALIS  |  November 2nd, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Which student? Presumably they have a blog. Maybe it would be nice to give them a link as credit.

• 15. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  November 4th, 2013 at 6:25 am

oh my gosh what a fantastic idea! i wish i was a designer so i could join the community :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• 16. Dominique Paolini  |  November 4th, 2013 at 6:59 am

Swoon! With my slow decorating tactics, I’ve got a few years before I could even consider swapping.

• 17. Shannon  |  November 4th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Wow! I’m a freelance designer and I always dream of doing a swap like this to go visit other cities. I had no idea there was site just for designers to do so! This inspires me to finish decorating my Brooklyn apartment so I can do this next year. :)

• 18. Jo  |  November 5th, 2013 at 3:39 am

Home swapping is an awesome way to travel (and get home decorating ideas!). There are lots of home exchange communities out there – specialist ones like this, some paid ones, craigslist (which has all sorts on it) and another new one is CasaVersa, which is free to join too. Happy travels!

• 19. book swap  |  March 30th, 2014 at 10:53 pm

I feel that is among the most important information
    for me. And i’m happy studying your article. However wanna statement on some basic
    things, The site style is perfect, the articles
    is in reality nice : D. Good activity, cheers

• 20. home decorators  |  April 29th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Awesome website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about here?

I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get responses from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Thanks!