10.16.13

NAIL ART, A PHENOMENON

i was sitting in the nail salon the other day and really started looking around at the clients. i mean, i knew nail art was big, but i guess i didn’t realize HOW big. two friends to my left were discussing their accent nails. the mom to my right was getting different colors on every other finger with a halloween vibe. i was getting eyeballs on every nail. almost no one in there was just getting one solid color. oh, the pressure nowadays! here’s 10 cool designs that caught my eye…

i got this eyeball manicure last weekend after i saw a photo of it on madeline’s instagram. she’s a friend of mine and i’ve been watching and admiring her work for quite some time now. this one is definitely my favorite manicure to date. and they are gel nails, so luckily they will stay on for about 2 weeks.

here are some more of my favorites from her collection…cutout hearts, stripes and checkers…

CLICK BELOW TO READ THIS ENTIRE POST…

and this watercolor inspired manicure is pretty striking…

one of my favorite nail artists to follow on instagram is ciaomanhattan2012. a nail artist in NY who does all sorts of wild designs that make you stop and stare for a minute. cool characters, handwriting, cutouts…she has a ton of talent.

and i like this black on black polkadot look for fall.

and how about every nail a different color? and metallic to add the extra punch.

geometric still seems to be all the rage these days. also, i’m really feeling cobalt lately.

inspired by any of these for your next manicure? i always take photos on my phone to the nail salon. now i just have to decide which one is next.

caroline says:

i’ve gotta stop biting my nails! how much does a pimped out manicure cost nowadays anyway?

Alyssa says:

I loove the evil eye manicure!

Amy says:

I love the geometric one. And the cobalt is so striking!

love them all – but really love the geometric one. She is super talented!

bradee says:

my teen daughters & i are obsessed with nail art! have you tried the jamberry nail wraps yet!?! so awesome & no chipping after putting them on woohoo!!! new favs!!! http://wanderlusthighway.jamberrynails.net

I love the black polkadot and the watercolor!

i love those ombre metallic nails! definitely need to go to the right place to get them done, i tried getting an ombre glitter nail at one salon and instead it turned into a big gloppy mess!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

Stefania says:

Your eyeball manicure is tremendous! Love your tendency to use different nail colors for each hand 🙂

Chelsea says:

I love those cool evil-eye nails! These are great designs Bri, thanks for sharing.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

Ana says:

I love the cutout hearts! *—*

xoxo,
    Ana.

christ512 says:

GORGEOUS!! And some actually seem doable! … as in I don’t need to buy a special tool to create… gonna go and try out some of it! 8D

Stephanie K. says:

Thanks for the reference! I just realized that ciaomanhattan2012 (Nails by Mei) does crazy nails every Thursdays like a block from where I live! Now I have to find an event that I can justify treating myself for!

PS, @ Caroline, Mei’s detailed gel manicures are $45-85, which doesn’t seem bad at all considering a regular one in my neighborhood is $30.

Marylai says:

love them all… they are so much fun!

Elina says:

I love good nail art. That’s one of the reasons why I start my own blog. I love to do nails! 🙂

Anonymous says:

I love the geometric triangles! so wish i could do them….

EXO Chanyeol says:

I am often happy ߋf tɦese 12 fantastic boys.
    Performing all ρoints іn these
    a thigh situations ɦave to Ье challenging and tiring but thank уߋu fοr
    enduring properly and makung me аppreciate all
    οf ƴou additional and extra. Just Һave ɑ νery ցood rest ɑnd гeally don’t ǥеt unwell.
    Yоu ҝnow yοu often ƅе EXOstans inspiration~ EXO аге jjang!
    EXO saranghae <3

yjymfyfyfhf says:

I Love them all instead of the creepy ugly evil eye