10.23.13

LAVENDER HONEY CROSTINI

All you need is five ingredients to have yourself an elegant hors d’oeuvres or light dessert.

DLF_Honey-Lavender-Crostini4

Either way you have it, the lavender infused honey adds a pleasant touch of sweetness. Make a large batch of honey and add it to a relaxing cup of tea or drizzled over ice cream. It also make for a nice homemade gift! – Leslie

Lavender Honey Crostini

ingredients

• 2 cups honey (use a good quality, neutral flavor)
• ¼ cup dried lavender buds
• cheesecloth
• 2 loaves of fresh French Baguette, sliced ¼” – 1” thick
• 1 large log of goat cheese
• mixed fresh berries
• mint garnish (optional)

how to make…
Over simmering heat in a double boiler, combine the honey and lavender. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring every so often. Strain into a cheesecloth, discarding the lavender remains. Let it cool completely before serving and storing it in a mason jar.

Slice the Bauggette on a diagonal (makes them look pretty!). I like my bread with a soft center, but a traditional crostini is toasted. If toasting, preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with sliced Bauggette. Bake for 15-20 until just golden and crispy. Let them cool and relax.

Smear each crostini with a layer of goat cheese and top with fresh berries and a drizzle of lavender honey.  Garnish with a mint leaf.  Yields: 2 cups.

(recipe + photos by leslie grow for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!)

Sally says:

Ohmigosh, this sounds so super delicious! Will have to give this a try, love these photos too, so beautifully styled!

Rebecca says:

I love making crostinis…easy appetizers!

Valerie says:

Mmmm this already looks delicious, but your expertly styled photos always make items look even more appetizing!

xo, http://www.lilyonfillmore.com

Brooke says:

Yum! Two of my favorites—lavender and honey! Although I’m not a goat cheese fan, but I’ll just replace it! Thanks for the recipe!

kassandra says:

I love your new food photos… the older ones are nice but lately they have been just stunning 🙂
    I guess I’ll just have to keep working on mine and maybe one day they will be that good!

These look delicious! I love having snacks like this out for friends… they look beautiful but let you get a little messy and build your own snack.

Sarah says:

Bri, I know you are photoshop pro so fixing that “lavendar” won’t take long!

Mimi says:

Hey Bri! This recipe looks delicious! However, baguette only contains one g! just wanted to let you know 🙂

Love this! Will try it soon. The photos are absolutely beautiful too.

Allie says:

leslie, you have the best photos!

Ana says:

As a goat cheese addict this is my go to snack. Goat cheese and honey. Best combination ever. And huge compliment to Leslie! She is doing an amazing job, her styling and photos are amazing!

Anna says:

These photos, fabulous! Just love them…yumness.