10.10.13

DLF STOCKHOLM GUIDE

stockhom-designlovefest01
stockhom-designlovefest02

hi everyone! i really enjoy putting together these travel posts for you…documenting some of my favorite restaurants, shops and must-see spots. this month, i visited stockholm for the first time and had such a wonderful experience. i have been dreaming of going there for years! scandinavian design is a true love of mine and now it is more than ever. follow this guide if you are planning a trip there. i was only there a few short days, but tried to pack in as much as i could!

first, lunch at urban deli. a hip spot with yellow stools, great atmosphere, and a fun menu. there’s also a fancier supermarket on the other side of the restaurant (similar to a dean & deluca in new york) i always think it’s cool seeing the food packaging in other countries. i am sure this would be a great spot just to grab a drink at the bar too!

stockhom-designlovefest03
stockhom-designlovefest04

you can save this map below for your trip to stockholm! thanks for making it beautiful, asia.

stockholm-map

i have really liked the bold patterns and beautiful styling coming from svenskt tenn for a while now, so i was happy to be able to visit the store in person to gather inspiration. just look at this colorful couch…

stockhom-designlovefest05
stockhom-designlovefest06

CLICK HERE TO READ THE WHOLE STOCKHOLM GUIDE…

stockhom-designlovefest07

a big highlight from the trip was fotografiska. a really cool photography museum where we were able to view the helmut newton exhibition. we were able to watch a really interesting short film that his wife june made about his artistic process. very insightful. it looks like paolo roversi is up next in october, you should check it out!

stockhom-designlovefest08

some of the underground metro stations were so wild! it felt like i was in some crazy art cave. i found the metro extremely easy to use, and recommend you try it too. the cabs are VERY expensive there!

stockhom-designlovefest09
2013-09-27 19.59.12

my favorite meal from the trip was this tiny little restaurant called sardin. we had cozy blankets on the patio, wonderful service, a bunch of tapas and wine, and good conversation. i loved the pâté, bikini sandwiches, potatoes with aioli, chocolate creme dessert with olive oil. this place is seriously delicious and charming.

stockhom-designlovefest10
stockhom-designlovefest11

the lotta agaton store was so great. you can see all the photos from the shop in my post here. i came home wanting to redecorate just like this place.

stockhom-designlovefest12

asia is a big part of why i found so many great stockholm spots to visit. she is the illustrator who designs the maps for my travel column. we spent a lot of time together on this trip! so happy to have her work on this blog.

stockhom-designlovefest13

i didn’t do a ton of shopping, but i did stop by granit more than once. a gorgeous store FULL of all black and white home decor. i bought two strands of these string lights for my new studio. they weren’t expensive and i haven’t seen any as unique as these in the US. can’t wait to show you them up in the space.

stockhom-designlovefest14

one of my last nights there we took the metro over to B.A.R. for a seafood meal. the place feels like a ship inside and the food was excellent! i love the branding on their site too.

stockhom-designlovefest15

the reason we traveled to stockholm was to teach our photoshop workshop, blogshop. more on the class & decor soon!

stockhom-designlovefest16

our first night we went to hermans for dinner. it’s vegetarian, buffet style with tons of options. it’s a really cool restaurant with an incredible view of the sunset. make sure to call before you go to make a reservation for a good table! this spot was really fun and different.

stockhom-designlovefest17

we stayed in a beautiful apartment in södermalm (see all the photos here!) and you can rent it for your trip here. perfect location close to a bunch of shops and cafes, it felt safe, the host was super friendly and helpful, and i wanted to move in.

stockhom-designlovefest18

and of course, rosendals trädgård! i did a full post on this place because i was insanely inspired. our greenhouse lunch was unforgettable.

other places i went & enjoyed: K25 for dumplings, gondola for a cocktail. this place is fancier but has an epic view of the city. i got the “slim shady” cocktail and loved it. bruno had a bunch of shops by my apartment. a place had a lot of beautiful clothes. pricey but so chic. parlans for the best caramels!

overall, i am SO happy i went to stockholm. i left with a new view on design, interiors and style. i hope you get to stop by some of these places and of course add more of your favorites in the comments.

(photos by designlovefest, see more travel posts here)

• 1. Monica  |  October 10th, 2013 at 5:58 am

Urban deli is a place I’d love to dine at. The stools are so fun. The meat and olives plate looks delicious – and that’s coming from someone who rarely eats meat!
    I love the sweater that says ‘Cool’.

M.

• 2. Jess  |  October 10th, 2013 at 5:59 am

I’ve always wanted to visit Stockholm, and this makes me want to even more! Did these places speak English? Did you have any issues with the language barrier?

• 3. Quinn Cooper  |  October 10th, 2013 at 7:43 am

Your trip looked amazing. I’m going to Europe in a couple of weeks and one of our stops is Stockholm. I am so pumped that you did this post. Can’t wait to explore the city and some of the spots you recommended!
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

• 4. Elena @ Randomly Happy  |  October 10th, 2013 at 8:00 am

I loved Stockholm. I was obsessed with the outdoor museum at Skansen. Will have to save this for next time we go back :)

• 5. Kelly (Let's Die Friends)  |  October 10th, 2013 at 8:06 am

I am also wondering about the language thing! Especially if the menus also had English. I can get by figuring things out in Spanish or French, but Swedish is on a completely different level.

• 6. maggie  |  October 10th, 2013 at 9:38 am

One day I will make it to Stockholm. Your trip looked absolutely fab!

• 7. at  |  October 10th, 2013 at 11:13 am

where is the cool sweater from?

• 8. bri  |  October 10th, 2013 at 11:56 am

the sweater is from zara!

as far as the language barrier, i found it very easy. almost everyone spoke english as well, and many of the restaurants offered english menus. the people were very friendly and most stores and restaurants would just switch to english once we said “hello.” no problems there!

• 9. Sally  |  October 10th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I adore you travel posts! And I’ve still not made it to Stockholm so I’ll be sure to check back here when I do!
    Also, your autumn/winter style is awesome. It’s just turned cold in London, excited about wrapping up warm!

• 10. Vanessa  |  October 10th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Oooh I follow you on instagram and can’t wait to see your guides to Venice and Rome, I’m going in two weeks! Your whole trip was so preeeettyyy.

• 11. bri  |  October 10th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

vanessa! i am writing the posts right now :) links galore…hope you enjoy your trip!

• 12. Angela  |  October 10th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Hi Bri! I lived in Finland for a short time during university & had the opportunity to hop back & forth to Sweden & Denmark. Scandinavian design is something else, eh? Following along on your instagram has me yearning to go back! Thanks for sharing with us! Looking forward to how this trip influences upcoming fashion posts & projects. xxo

• 13. Chelsea  |  October 10th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I never really have considered travelling to Stockholm, but boy oh boy has it worked it’s way up on the list. Lovely post Bri. x

• 14. Jaclyn  |  October 11th, 2013 at 7:11 am

My husband and I just talked about going to Stockholm next year so I can’t tell you how helpful this is! We love finding great hidden places too. Looks like it was an incredible trip.

• 15. Ally  |  October 11th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Love this! What is the name of the font you used in the circles? x

• 16. Marie  |  October 16th, 2013 at 9:03 am

This place looks incredible !

• 17. Erica  |  October 16th, 2013 at 9:06 am

I’m so sad I didn’t know about this place when I lived in Sweden!! Thank you for sharing though–what a delight for the eyes!!

• 18. Forex&hellip  |  October 16th, 2013 at 11:46 am

Forex

Travel | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 19. Laura  |  October 17th, 2013 at 8:47 am

I love your sweater. I have seen on Zara online and I want it but I would like to know what size is the right one. I’m 5’2, 34 b chest 110 lbs. What size is yours? Thankssss

• 20. discover more here slots &hellip  |  December 6th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

discover more here slots online

• 21. watch breaking bad Online&hellip  |  January 5th, 2014 at 9:25 am

watch breaking bad Online

Gin | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 22. gold ira rollover&hellip  |  January 15th, 2014 at 6:40 pm

gold ira rollover

• 23. how to make money online&hellip  |  January 15th, 2014 at 10:10 pm

how to make money online

• 24. obamacare&hellip  |  January 16th, 2014 at 6:55 am

mary kay

• 31. search engine optimizatio&hellip  |  February 1st, 2014 at 6:49 pm

search engine optimization

• 32. body by vi&hellip  |  February 20th, 2014 at 10:54 pm

body by vi

• 33. isagenix back office  |  March 22nd, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.

The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over
    that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the
    same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

Have a look at my weblog … isagenix back office

FUN PILLOWS…