MAKE IT / 41
my sister just graduated college & moved into town and scored this adorable hang out spot in front of her apartment. she was looking for a new table for the area, but wanted something that fit her budget. outdoor furniture can be pretty pricey, so we thought we’d show you how to spice up this affordable bistro table. a little tape and some spray paint took this table to a whole new level. now, let’s make it…
what you’ll need:$60 table from ikea)
– spray paint, we used flat black
– 3M Advanced Abrasives
– permanent marker with a fine tip
how to make it:
– prepare your tabletop to be painted by lightly sanding it using 3M Advanced Abrasives
– roll out long strips of tape on wax paper.
– create your own stencils using a ruler and a sharpie draw a variety of geometric shapes, we used different sized triangles and diamonds to create our pattern. if you want you can sketch out ideas first but we just made a variety of shapes and played around before coming up with our final design.
– cut the shapes out
– peel the wax paper backing off and place your shapes according to your design.
– take time to smooth all of the stencils around the edge to insure you get a crisp line when you paint.
– spray tabletop according to the directions on your paint and be sure to allow proper dry time.
– after paint is dry, peel of the blue tape to reveal your new table!