09.03.13

FLORALS IN YOUR SPACE / 05

i’ve been on a bit of a health kick lately. after a few months of intense anxiety, i decided i needed to try to change something in my lifestyle. i began working out 4-5 times a week and trying my best to eat healthier (a constant battle, right?) i was really excited to see that moon juice was opening up right around the corner from me in silver lake (their other location is in venice). i was peeking in the window for weeks because their decor just kept getting better. kristen thought it would be fun to do a “florals for your space” post once the shop opened…check out the twist she put on it this time!

moonjuice-designlovefest02

i’ll start by telling you a little about my 3 day cleanse. you drink 8 cold pressed juices each day. i am currently on day 2. you have no idea how much i want a burrito. and cheese. and bread. sorry, having a moment of weakness. luckily the moon juices are very tasty (although the pure greens options are too bitter for me.) i really like the watermelon tomato lime and the ginger lemon. i don’t find myself feeling starving or anything…just more irritated that i am missing out on meals with my boyfriend, or brunch with my friends. it’s more of an emotional connection to the dining experience for me. wish me luck, one more day! the last cleanse i did (here), day 1 & 2 were really hard but day 3 was pretty simple and left me feeling amazing.

and let’s talk about how beautiful this shop is for a second. they have installed really gorgeous light fixtures, a cute and colorful hangout spot in the front, and put an abundance of plants throughout. you just feeeeel healthy when you walk in this place. good energy, for sure. this is the owner, amanda bacon…she has effortless, earthy style.

now, let’s see the florals kristen decided on for this space. if you don’t know about this column. we choose a store or an artist and create a floral arrangement that matches the vibe of their space.

“For the opening of Amanda’s second location I wanted to create a floral piece that would really celebrate all the love and hard work she has put into her new space.”

ingredients :: dahlias, chamomile, clover and crystals.

“Mandalas are often used in ceremonial practices to signify sacred spaces and for many this new shop will become just that. The space feels so wonderful and full of light. It is totally a place you can go to care for your body and mind.

The mandala I made was vibrant, seasonal, and full of love and potent energy…just like all the amazing moon juices.” - kristen

florals by: moon canyon design co. – see more floral posts here!
store: moon juice silver lake | 2839 sunset blvd., los angeles
photos by: kimberly genevieve

• 1. mekeesha  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 7:57 am

i love that last picture. i want to make it my phone background. i hope that is okay. :)

• 2. Melanie  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 8:02 am

I know it’d be hard to do it with succulents, but that would be SO cool if it was pressed after the flowers started drying out! Then Amanda would be able too keep it five-ever.

• 3. Lucy  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 8:32 am

This is great! You have made the shop look amazing, especially loving the mandalas.

I have always been wary of juice cleanses and detoxes, but this has been helpful in knowing that they actually work for you in terms of feeling better, rather than just the magazine ideal of losing weight. I’ll definitely be doing research now and finding a juice cleanse for me!

Wishing you strength for day three, you can do it!

Lucy xo

• 4. Christina Lacourte  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 8:32 am

beautiful! love the flower choices and the colors. what a cool idea.

• 5. Chelsea  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 9:16 am

This is gorgeous! I love juicing and this little space looks wonderful.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 6. petal and plume  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 9:43 am

this place looks like a dream! stunning photos!
    xx

• 7. Maggie  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 9:44 am

Holy cow this is STUNNING. And it makes me want to go on a juice cleanse. Don’t know if I have the funds to do as intense of one as you are currently doing, but I will definitely stop by the Silver Lake location of Moon Juice and try out a drink or two :)

• 8. Emma  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 10:30 am

okay, is anyone else head over heels in -l o v e- with that forest print?

• 9. Valerie | Lily on Fillmore  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 10:45 am

What a beautiful space! So much color and character — I’ll have to check it out soon.

xo, http://www.lilyonfillmore.com

• 10. alison  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Im in heaven!

• 11. Waiting on Martha (@WaitingonMartha)  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 1:01 pm

So gorgeous! And love hearing your take on the juice cleanse. I would be the exact same way about the emotional tie with food outtings with loved ones. Big hugs and good luck on your last day! xo

• 12. Latrina  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring place! I love the design and their branding, so well done.

As for your cleanse — good luck! I would love to do one someday as well. Next time I’m in the LA area I will have to stop by!

• 13. Victoria Smith  |  September 3rd, 2013 at 4:15 pm

this is one gorgeous post, my friend. juicing never looked so good!

• 14. Cristina  |  September 4th, 2013 at 1:25 am

Lovely place, thanks for sharing. cheers for your last day!

• 15. Vickie  |  September 4th, 2013 at 5:18 am

totally gorgeous

• 16. blogs, bloggers, & fl&hellip  |  September 4th, 2013 at 9:20 pm

[...] place and get the skinny on all things cool on the world wide web.  Just yesterday I discovered this post by the incredibly talented Bri. She talks about a Los Angeles based store, called Moon Juice, and [...]

• 17. Bailey  |  September 5th, 2013 at 10:39 am

Totally off topic but can we find out where both of their dresses are from?

• 18. Audrey  |  September 5th, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hi!
    I was just wondering if there is any scientific proof of the benefits of the juice cleanse. It really isn’t to be judgemental, it’s just out of curiosity! (I have a “baccalauréat en sciences de la santé santé” which might translate to “health sciences degree”?!)
    I have always heard and read that any supposedly detoxifing agent (like the ones they sell in drug stores)or cure isn’t necessary because the body cleanses and detoxifies itself via liver and kidneys. But of course I do understand that this cleanse is made with all the good, healthy and organic stuff, which is always better than too much carbs, fat or processed food.
    So I’d love to have your insight on this!

• 19. Jodey  |  September 12th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

This is interior design at it’s best making a shop live and breathe it’s corporate culture. Very impressive. Love the use of the colours and the flowers.

• 20. FLORALS IN YOUR SPACE / 0&hellip  |  September 16th, 2013 at 7:46 am

[...] week for “Florals in your space” we visited the beautifully curated brick and mortar shop of the design agency Nickey Kehoe. [...]

• 21. Marjory  |  September 21st, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Beautiful, especially the flower mandalas to bless the space sacred.

• 22. Work Accident Attorneys  |  September 9th, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house
    . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website.
    Reading this information So i’m satisfied to convey that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling
    I came upon just what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make certain to
    don?t forget this web site and give it a look on a continuing basis.

Here is my web site – Work Accident Attorneys

• 23. Attorneys Network  |  September 10th, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Very rapidly this site will be famous amid all blog viewers,
    due to it’s good articles or reviews

Review my homepage: Attorneys Network

• 24. www.vendomaquinas.com.br  |  October 1st, 2014 at 9:35 am

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching
    for amanda bacon

For a wonderful informative review please checkout this web-site testosterone booster comparison [http://www.vendomaquinas.com.br]

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg