09.10.13

ALL BLACK

i’ve been into the all black look lately. it’s probably because i can’t wait for fall to get here. the look is a little edgy, sometimes sporty, but still polished. here’s some items i found that fit the bill…

shop these items: Urban Outfitters faux leather hat, Need Supply minimal belt, J. Brand black cut-off shorts, Adidas shoes, Asos graphic tee, Alexander Wang backpack

• 1. Catherine  |  September 10th, 2013 at 4:39 am

Bri in black? I cant imagine it! But i guess its good to wear what you feel. Black is my go to when i’m tired or not feeling like a bright rainbow person. Some of the best items i own are black, so i get that polished look too.

• 2. Shawnee  |  September 10th, 2013 at 5:26 am

yes! I love this!! “I’ll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color” it’s my favorite:) xo

• 3. Erin  |  September 10th, 2013 at 5:28 am

The all-black look is so classy. Personally I can’t pull it off – it’s too harsh and makes me look like an emo haha. Plus I have to wear black to work all the time so whenever I’m not at work I’ve got on as much colour as possible!

Erin

• 4. ana {bluebirdkisses}  |  September 10th, 2013 at 6:54 am

I’m a little obsessed with black lately too so that black hat needs to be in my closet asap!

• 5. YOLONDA WASHINGTON  |  September 10th, 2013 at 7:55 am

I too am a fan of black always and forever! Love the cap.

• 6. Shelley @ThatGirlShelley  |  September 10th, 2013 at 8:14 am

I love black too! I think that it is classy & edgy too.

• 7. Second Floor Flat  |  September 10th, 2013 at 8:50 am

Totally agree…sometimes it just feels so right, ya know? And love those sneaks!

• 8. nicola lynde  |  September 10th, 2013 at 9:04 am

With the exception of a touch of navy and white black is basically my uniform. I especially love mixing different textures. But promise you won’t go all black, your ability to mix colour and print is one of the things I envy!

• 9. Brooke  |  September 10th, 2013 at 9:26 am

I love how all black can make you look both chic and edgy. I’ve had my eye on a few different faux leather baseball caps. The one above might be it! Great picks.

xo honestly, b.

• 10. bri  |  September 10th, 2013 at 9:57 am

ha nicola, you are right. i could never really abandon color + pattern.

• 11. maggie  |  September 10th, 2013 at 10:08 am

I feel ya – sometimes you just have to go all black everything.

• 12. emmakisstina  |  September 10th, 2013 at 11:01 am

Good thing you’re coming to Stockholm soon, Land of the Black on Black outfits. You’ll get plenty of inspiration. (Personally I stay away from black most of the time… color makes me just soooo happy!) xo Kristina

• 13. erin  |  September 10th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I’m all about the leather hat on my off days or when I’m late and rushing out the door. Love it! xx Erin

• 14. Bobbi  |  September 10th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I love this look! So cute!

• 15. Victoria Smith  |  September 10th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

my uniform in europe. just fyi…

• 16. Janelle @ Two Cups of Happy  |  September 10th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

When I was in high school, I swore I would never wear black on black. Now it’s my favorite go-to outfit. “I don’t know what to wear” turns into “I look pretty pulled together”.

• 17. Black Chill | Whiffs of W&hellip  |  September 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

[…] via ALL BLACK | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T. […]

• 18. tees  |  November 17th, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I wanted to thank you for this very good read!!

I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post_

COOL BEACH TOWEL…