08.27.13

NEW OFFICE PLANS

i wasn’t exactly looking to get a new studio space right away, but sometimes the opportunity presents itself and you find the need to jump on it. when i found out about the unique space in the arts district (see more here) i figured i would head over and take a look. they had an open space for rent so i gave it some serious thought that week. here’s the photos…

whitestudio

we are fitting 3-4 people up in this space right now and we find ourselves a little crammed on the days that we are all in the office. however the bigger issue than that is the need for a photo area. i am constantly looking for places to shoot blog content since my space isn’t big enough and i think it would really benefit the blog to have an area that’s set up and ready to go. it won’t be the location for every shoot, but i think it will be great for DIYs, recipes, products and even some simple style posts.

so i decided to take the leap for my business (gulp.) my three requirements for a new space were natural light, the ability to paint it white, and an area that i could shoot and hold small workshops. this space had all three of those.

natural

the walls are still being built, and we are sourcing painting right now. i know a lot of you on instagram thought i was crazy for wanting to paint the space white. believe me, i think the wood + bricks are beautiful in their original state…but i have my heart totally set on painting it. white bricks are one of my favorite elements and i think it will be so beautiful for photos.

our workspace itself is around 700 square feet but in the unique space there is a community kitchen, loft, library, event space that i can use for blogshop or other events, a conference room, and a rooftop hangout area. all of those things made the price jump from my current space worth it.

tables

we move next month and are getting very excited about the decorating process. we will keep you updated along the way!

ps. there is going to be a co-work area downstairs if you are interested in having a place to bring your laptop, use wifi and meet other creatives. check out the kickstarter project here and watch the video about the space here…

(photos by designlovefest)

Sarolta says:

I am seriously looking forward to how you will transform this already gorgeous space into something designlovefesty!

oh yes – definitely jump on that. that space is AMAZING. I’m dying over the natural light. Wow. Can I rent a little corner of the office? hehe

Quinn Cooper says:

Looks amazing and has sooo much potential.
    Look forward to seeing what you do with the space.
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

Brooke says:

So exciting! Congratulations. That brick is going to look so great white, and add such a light, fresh feel to the space! Can’t wait to see how you enhance this already beautiful space.

xo honestly, b.

Jane Novotny says:

You’re totally right in painting it white. My studio is an old mill and we also have exposed wood ceilings and brick walls. Everything is painted white and it’s great. Although I love natural wood and bricks, it’s nice because you’re not effected by colors when designing, and of course there’s the natural light.

Congrats on the new office space! Excited to see the transformation!

Melissa says:

congratulations bri! it’s beautiful and inspiring and you’re create magic in that space.

That looks so awesome Bri, congratulations! I love the idea of having your own room, but having other creatives nearby 🙂

I don’t know if this was your idea or it’s just left over, but I love the pastel swatches on the wall

Congrats! The space looks like its going to be awesome!

I love it! I can’t wait to see it all done! 🙂

wow this is so great! i will admit i gasped when you said painting the brick white but i totally get the aesthetic of it. that natural wood and brick is beautiful but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? can’t wait to see the finished product!

Wow! This is awesome! You are definitely living the dream my friend 🙂

-Alecia

maggie says:

Love this! So excited to see all of your progress – and I may hit you up on that common space!

will be looking forward to updates on this.. i am so excited to watch the process. everyone needs a good “how to decorate your creative space” series. although i am a little uneasy on painting the bricks white, i am open to it. and i already have a feeling i will be proved wrong and it will look awesome.

Becky Murphy says:

I’m so inspired by this. Thank you for sharing. Good to know what hard work can lead to.

Cori Magee says:

What an AWESOME space… can’t wait to see what you do with it!

it’ll look amazing after you get your hands on it. you should def go with your gut. people gave us hell for painting over the thick, original wood crown molding in our place too and really, you gotta go with what you know you’ll like & i’m so glad we painted everything white. it’s a clean, fresh slate, and it’s gorgeous. i’m all for white! (p.s. who knew it’d be so controversial!?!)

Selena says:

This is a dream! looks amazing. Congrats!

Jaclyn C. says:

Paint it all white girl! I was at a friends house where she has some built in bookshelves, I mentioned it would totally brighten up the space by painting it white and she agreed, but she also doesn’t want to paint over such pretty wood. I know the feeling, but for photos, white is best. So paint it all white!!

Maggie says:

SO awesome, congrats! Upgrading your studio when needed, or a little before, is crucial!
    -Maggie
    maggiefinejewelry.com

dee says:

congrats Bri! the place looks amazing.

bri says:

thanks everyone! can’t wait to get in there soon. xo

Mommy Dearest says:

I’m so excited to see it next time I come out to visit! We could have our Thanksgiving THERE! haha : ) Love, Momma

Nicole says:

Great loft- will be perfect for a small workspace!

Nicole

Bianca says:

AHHH this is just what i wanted to see… an amazing creative opening space that will have co-working area for designers 🙂 Moving to LA in 2 weeks, taking your Blog shop and hoping to find space to freelance. Perfect! And I can’t wait to see your new studio finished, best of luck!
    -Bianca

Chelsea says:

How exciting! I can’t wait to see how you transform the space Bri. I think a coat of white pain will be just what the doctor ordered.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

This is going to be wonderful! Unique USA is an incredible organization to be working with and neighboring with.

Excited for you!

xo, http://www.lilyonfillmore.com

tasha says:

OMG my heart totally skipped a beat. I am looking to have office space next year. I really want to own a loft space like this.

Julie says:

LOVE that space! The possibilities are endless — I’m super jealous! Congrats — and enjoy the decorating and styling!

Kelli Murray says:

I can visualize it already. Congrats Bri!

leanne says:

love it! can i live in your office?? x

jHill says:

i’m moving into a new studio next month and am feeling the same excitement! i’m looking forward to following your studio redesign and hoping to get a little inspiration for my own. enjoy!

Ali Mackin says:

Wow Brie this space and concept is amazing so happy you are going to a part of it.

Ali of

Dressing Ken

LilaD says:

No!!!! Once you paint the brick white.. you can’t un-paint it. I’m all for a white brick, but boy is it hard to find the naked stuff. Sad face.

Chelsea says:

Lovely! I have been doing heaps of work from home and have been craving a co-working space. This is a beauty one, and you can paint it!

I hear what LilaD above is saying, but a fresh white space is so bright and inspiring.

Jealous! Enjoy!

Tilly says:

Looks so cool! Gah, excited for you!

sonja rasula says:

I am over-the-moon to have you in our building! We can’t wait to see how you transform your space and are super-excited to start collaborating. Party time! 🙂

Ludmilla says:

Wonderful space, may your creativity grow and expand!

Wow! So much inspiration you got here. It’s definitely a wide and unique space to tackle on. Looking forward to the results.

I decidedly really supported all parts of it and The article has genuinely beat my inclination.I will burrow it and after a short time support to my sidekicks.