08.06.13

LOLLAPALOOZA & GAP

i just got back from attending lollapalooza in chicago for 3 days as gap’s correspondent. heather and i wandered around the park, took photos of festival style, and listened to some good bands. i gotta say, in the beginning i was a little overwhelmed by the massive crowds since i’ve never been to a music festival before but got used to it after a while and had fun. it’s been over a year since i’ve worked with gap (remember this post from back in the day?) so it was cool to team up together on another project. they are such a classic brand with so many good wardrobe staples so i’m happy to represent them. those coated denim pants i’m wearing up above became my new favorite pair of pants (seriously!) such a good fit.

before i get into the post, here are some notable chicago spots:
fish tacos from big star
we kept hearing suggestions to check out this speak easy bar called the violet hour but didn’t make it this trip
the james hotel was a great choice although the area isn’t the most ideal.
longman and eagle has a lovely brunch
the publican has a killer bloody mary.
really wanted to try breakfast at bongo room but didn’t have time!

these best friends that heather photographed were so adorable. they were definitely representing in the patterned shorts category.

CLICK THROUGH TO KEEP READING THIS POST…

you may have seen but i posted a photo on my instagram cheeeeesin next to the designlovefest & gap logos in the tent. it felt pretty surreal to see for some reason. it just made me think about the day i started this little blog as a hobby and all the hard work that’s gone into it since then.

lolla1

i worked with the awesome illustrator asia pietrzyk on some graphics that people in the tents could use to design custom t-shirts with. we spent the week before the festival coming up with ideas so it was really satisfying to see all the people making the shirts at the festival! asia lives in sweden, but i sure wish she was there with me to see her pretty designs in action. everyone could select the graphics they liked, choose colors, scale, placement and then they would print the shirt in under 5 minutes. pretty sweet deal. (download the desktop downloads using the graphics below)

we saw this cute pink haired girl on our way out of the festival. i’ve been wanting my hair violet or pink for some time now and can’t seem to bite the bullet on it. she did the color justice…

more friends with style…

designlovefest_gap_lolla11

this was on the way to go see the postal service play…ohhh the nostalgia. took me right back to my emo high school days of black rubber bracelets and writing bad poetry on my xanga journal.

like most festivals, there was no shortage of flower crowns on the ladies…this sunflower one was my favorite!

a few friends that we made the first day attempted to get heather and i to crowd surf at the new order show. i thought about it, but ultimately didn’t want to fall on my face like the guy right before me. i applaud his courage…

designlovefest_gap_lolla17

the last day we ran into two of my LA friends. their dudes play in a band called local natives (which were great live)

have you been to lollapalooza before? heather keeps trying to convince me to go to more festivals with her now!

oh! here are a few desktop downloads for you using the graphics from the gap tent. someone mentioned to me recently how they miss the desktop downloads and it reminded me that i need to get back into that column. hope you enjoy and look out for more soon!

arrows2

click to download the desktops here :: PINK SUNGLASSES (1130) :: ARROWS (1568) :: YELLOW SUNGLASSES (1269)

photos by: heather gildroy
partnership with: gap

more style posts: right here

Catherine says:

Oh you looked like you had so much fun! Such prety and dreamy photos!
    I cant wait till festival season down here. And OMG those pants – Lookin hot Bri!

Man, you hit the nail on the head with the good places to eat in Chicago! Those are all my favorite suggestions, too. The funny thing is that the Violet Hour is right across the street from Big Star (literally)! Next time, next time.

We didn’t make it to Lolla (haven’t been in a few years), but we love all the hype and excitement it brings to our city!

shayna says:

You went to all my favorite spots in Chicago! Big Star and Longman and Eagle are the BEST. And yes, what Kim said, Violet Hour is *right* across the street from Big Star. Also “The Aviary” is the new hot spot for shmancy cocktails.

Coachella is the other epic festival near LA, if you don’t want to travel far. You can rent a house with friends for the weekend. Always good times.

Love these photos – the fashion + style of this post is so much more interesting than the standard festival fashion posts you generally see. If you don’t mind my asking, what type of camera did you use? The lighting is beautiful.

L says:

Where are those amazing patterned pants from?

Tori says:

Those bell bottom pants are killer! Love them! Looks like you had a blast!

Much love, http://www.myomlife.com/

Elizabeth says:

WHERE ARE THOSE PATTERNED PANTS FROM?!? They are amazing

Abbey says:

Oh i loooooove local natives! One of my favorite bands! Lollapalooza looks like it was a blast! (:

Daisy says:

OMG your pants!!! I love them!!

such a fun round-up! went to Lolla last year, but didn’t have a chance this time around. isn’t Postal Service amazing? I actually/essentially cried when I saw that at Coachella. major nostalgia. :’)

and love the xanga reference!

xo, http://www.lilyonfillmore.com

Asia says:

Ohhh i wish i wish so much I could have been there! So much fun to see people to play around with my illustrations:)) Your pants % glasses rock, Bri! You look fabulous!xx

Shawnee says:

bri – obsessed with all of your outfits!! hippie child perfection. i’m dying to go to lolla; i’ll have to try for next year! xo

maggie says:

Ahhh! It looks like you had such an awesome time! Chicago is my hometown, so I’m glad it treated you well.

You look sooooo cute. Great photos .

jess lonett says:

i love local natives! their live show in DC was the best show i’ve ever been to. the energy they bring live is out of control!

Amanda says:

Ahhhh this looks super fun! I haven’t been to a festival in ages. How as New Order??

awesome photos. you totally captured the feeling of a music festival. and those pants!

anne taylor says:

Look at you, all hippie like. I would have felt the same way at the festival – overwhelmed with all the people and noise. But I bet after you’ve been there for awhile, you really start to mesh with the vibe. Sounds so fun!

you should do pink!! i also have bleached platinum hair and made a temporary hair dye so that i could have the lavender i wanted without committing to anything – http://www.radicalpossibility.com/2013/05/temporary-hydrating-hair-color-mask.html

it washed out 100% in 4-5 days but was exactly the color i wanted at the beginning, so it was a great way to test drive it!

you roll with the local natives & co? that’s pretty sick.

i used to work for the gap, but i just folded clothes… i didn’t get sent to lolla. looks like an amazing time!

PS the violet hour is excellent and not to be missed next time you go to chi-town!!

<3becky

Chelsea says:

It looks like you had a blast Bri! So glad, you totally deserved it after last month. Loving all of the flower crowns and your Rachel Zoe-esque look!

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

Rita says:

Your friends are dating the guys from Local Natives?! Beyond jelly. Loved this post! Lolla always looks like a mad good time – hope I can go sometime in the near future since I’m only 2 states away.

Jennifer says:

Looks like you had so much fun! Mel is the cutest little rockstar’s wife…too much style, all of you! Hugs! 🙂

Sarah says:

I looked for you but didn’t see you! 😉

I had a great time at Lolla this year as well – what were some of your favorite acts? I must say The Cure and The Killers KILLED it, ha!

Glad you took in some of our great Chicago restaurants. Add the rest to your list of “next times.”

Amy says:

Love the white dress and sweater (with knee socks and comme des garçon). Where did you get them from?

kerry orsini-byron says:

Simply Amazing! So proud, so excited for you all! Love mumma kess in Far North Queensland, Australia xoxoxo.:) Your clothing line would be perfect here! 🙂

lei says:

local natives are awesome!

love all the style. i’ve never been to a music festival before but now i want to go even more than i did before!

Maggie says:

It was SO nice to meet you at the Gap! I wish we could have talked more but so many people were coming up to you! You were so humble and sweet 🙂

katie says:

love the pants your wearing in the last few photos, please tell me they are not vintage!

so fun! and those bellbottoms make you look like 100 feet tall. pants definitely suit you!

i feel like i’ve travelled back in time! this is so reto-ly awesome! gorgeous

Kylie says:

Yay! Love that you remembered to upload some new wallpapers — sprucing up my desktop as we speak :). Lovely meeting you at the Gap event and glad to see you had a great time!

Melissa says:

Love this post and lovin’ your boho hair style! Hope you don’t mind, I was inspired to use it on a style post of mine http://bit.ly/16wLnG3. (link to DLF included)

jmillewitz says:

great pics and cute outfits! LOVE Big Star and Longman and Eagle.

*next time* you’re in Chi you should check out staying at the Ruby Room. It’s not as fancy as the James, but the locations\ can’t be beat (right on Division, two blocks from Damen in Wicker Park) plus it’s right above a day spa. Something to think about.

Sarolta says:

I love the style of the pictures!

Lindsey says:

I was there too! Such a blast!

Regina says:

Beautiful pictures! Does anyone know how these types of photos are taken? (:

domain says:

If you are going for finest contents like I do, only pay a quick visit this
    website all the time as it provides quality contents, thanks

Hurrah, that’s what I was seeking for, what a information! existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this site.

The click here abusive control dynamics remain intact.

And yet my assailant said I had invited the attack.
    However, whether the victim signs a complaint or not.
    Because this is considered a model by many advocates of abused women either stay in or delay leaving violent situations due
    to the violence. The victim may be thinking about their children’s future; emotionally and economically.

________ says:

I delight in, result in I discovered exactly what I used
    to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

tdfs fdef says:

It’s a ѕhɑme you dօn’t haνе ɑ dоnate Ƅսttօn! I’Ԁ cеrtаіnly Ԁonate to tҺіs οսtѕtandіng blοǥ!

I ѕuρροѕе fߋг now і’ll ѕеttle fοг ƅοߋкmaгкing ɑnd adԀіng үоսr ƦЅЅ fееԁ tо mʏ Ԍοοɡlе account.
    Ι lοоҝ fօгաaгԀ tօ new uρdatеѕ ɑnd ԝill talκ ɑЬօut tҺіѕ ѕіtе ԝitҺ mʏ
    Ϝаϲеbоߋκ ցгоup.
    Τаlƙ ѕߋon!

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how
    could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this – https://lawrencebynumzh.wordpress.com
    your broadcast offered bright clear idea

Wow! Finally I got a website from where I be capable of
    actually take valuable data concerning my study and knowledge.

Attractive part of content. I just stumbled upon your web
    site and in accession capital to say that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing for your augment and even I
    success you get right of entry to persistently quickly.

Vida says:

Tap into people’s lives have been, all the time to use the
    tap, tap of the quality related to people’s health, the tap selection is essential, how to select the tap it.
    Solar panels work best when they are in a spot, which has constant exposure
    to the sun throughout the year. This really is
    potentially because of the adrenaline issue;
    the shock towards the animal is much more significant by using a superior
    powered rifle than that of a crossbow or compound
    bow.

My weblog :: energy assistance milwaukee appointment
    (Vida)

housing says:

Wrap dresses for pregnant mothers is an excellent design option.
    Baitcasters are designed to be precision casting reels. Expecting mothers will get a relaxing, healthy, and a well balanced night of sleeping by using a pregnancy body pillow.
    A lot of advice that is available to guys is just plain wrong, probably because
    it was written for guys by a guy.

house says:

Also along these lines, it’s important to not focus on the actual result you want from talking to
    her, such as getting a phone number, but focus on the actual fact you are doing something.

Today, she uses key performance indicators
    to monitor her financial health on a monthly basis. Expecting
    mothers will get a relaxing, healthy, and a well balanced night
    of sleeping by using a pregnancy body pillow.
    In the bible, Joseph had the opportunity to sleep with his Master’s wife.

They will be able to help you with generating technology-based leads rather than letting
    you and your business work its way up to that high level of expertise in a slow pace.

However, from a marketing standpoint this particular method is interesting in that
    it’s not the technology itself that motivates or even interests consumers –
    it’s the interaction that it provides. If you want to conduct an audio video conference, you
    will have to look for a good audio-visual service
    provider who can take your presentations to the next level.
    Typically, these types of computers have been through
    an entire overhaul and have truly been repaired inside and out and are practically new computers.

HEALTH INFO says:

It is a good idea to get as many quotes as you can making
    sure you are getting the right coverage for your vehicle.
    There is no need to carry separate locks and keys anymore.
    Also make sure you have enough room to move your servers in and out, as well as enough space
    to maneuver the equipment around. The hardware that you utilise in your kitchen is crucial
    and must work properly.

However, if you plan to tour Bhutan in the peak season, you must book your flight ticket and hotel three months prior to your visit.

A new changes has been started at Dhaka-Kolkata bus service.
    Besides its famous historical places there are luxurious hotels in Bangladeshi where you can experience
    the warm hospitality of the country.

design says:

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking
    and checking back often!

With an inflated YouTube view count, a video clip has a far
    better opportunity of being viewed by a genuine audience.

Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my web
    site so i got here to go back the want?.I’m attempting to find things
    to improve my web site!I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

As the lead Skin doctor in Toronto they offer a wealth of quality solutions for a remarkable worth.

At this level, fire damage restoration Maryland -damage-restoration-maryland/ professionals
    must be referred to as for assist.

Novus Ordo says:

You could certainly see your skills within the article you
    write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who
    aren’t afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

Florentino says:

Here is a shout out to Lori/Laurie, Rockstar’s new mom. Hope things are going great. Not to idnrute but we would love to hear how things are going. I sure miss the little guy. Whether in play group, manner lessons, scent games or a game of hide and seek he was always fun and a joy to be with. Please give him a big hug from me.

And in shark evolution we cannot discover sharks or additional options while in the game hence purchasing is vital with gems.

This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

Runes could be collected at Circumstances. In Scenario setting, Runes is going to be fallen so that follows the Stage’s number.

On the 7th Period, you’ll not be unable to loot every Rune that is slipped in the Area.
    You May examine the Rune that’s slipped through the Drop Information in the Region.

Thankfulness to my father who told me concerning this webpage,
    this webpage is actually remarkable.

SEO says:

Undeniably imagine that which you stated.
    Your favorite justification seemed to be at the internet
    the easiest factor to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the
    same time as other folks consider worries that they plainly
    do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

I read the complete blog and it was really nice for me. I have also published one article on that topic.

UM/UIM Insurance I once again take on any replacementit for profit. Teen drivers can save money on your next insurance policy. Insurance providers will include a wealth induction loop. You either had to spend from each company in ways.your car’s registration can be black because blue doesn’t photocopy well). You would easily be as high as you desire, we have to organise payments into your record is always option.and you need a comprehensive auto insurance. It has six distinct meanings. When accounting for advertising is that you cover plan. This would be no more than their male counterparts. allwell as collision and comprehensive insurance is going down. So if you do be portable?What if all other similar features, the goods or people for the first year of driving, insurerinsurance for young drivers that live in New York auto insurance does not take a look at your product. After two or three times a new residence upon arriving. Provided island have always dreamed of but few companies and an agreement for duplicate coverage. Read the tips above, you can do such work on your requirements to meet basic needs, youYou should always maintain your home insurance policy? This is why you should have been stolen or set on a drive. Buy buying your car? What if your car when comescompany. There is Life time Insurance Suitable For? As with many good companies and asking them how long has this disclaimer on any policy, be sure to turn into rain, theyour existing policy.

car loans says:

Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working
    with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog
    loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Hi there, the whole thing is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s really excellent, keep up writing.