08.23.13

FAVE NETFLIX DOCUMENTARIES PT.2

so many great comments on the first post on my favorite netflix docs (see here), i figured i would post some more! i love reading the comments and seeing that we have a lot of the same faves. here are 12 more that i really enjoyed! i am about to spend the weekend hanging out with my little sister who just moved to town so i will have some time to watch some of the ones you guys recommended that i haven’t seen yet. i tend to like strange documentaries sometimes (“i think we’re alone now & the wild & wonderful whites”), so click through to watch the trailers to see if they are your style 🙂

CLICK TO WATCH THE TRAILERS AFTER THE JUMP!

1. being elmo:

2. the pixar story:

3. the september issue:

4. page one, inside the new york times:

5. the imposter:

6. urbanized:

7. man on wire:

8. bill cunningham new york:

9. 30 for 30, the two escobars:

10. the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia:

11. surf wise:

12. i think we’re alone now:

Great roundup! I’ve seen a few of these and they rock, so now I’m going to check out a few you’ve recommended. Have a great weekend!

love these – always learn about something new – actually just watched first position and jiro dreams of sushi on your rec, and loved both. definitely spy a few to add here – i forgot how much i love documentaries. Suggest Good Hair for your next list if you haven’t yet seen it.

i think we’re alone now. seriously amusing. 🙂

Brooke says:

I’ve been wondering how “Being Elmo” is! I have it on my queue, but have yet to watch it. Maybe I’ll get to it this weekend!

xo honestly, b.

Tori says:

I’ve been slowly making my way through your first list and I’ve loved all of them! Woody Allen and Jiro Dreams of Sushi were fantastic! But my favorite so far is Beauty is Embarassing. I love his quirky outlook on life:) So I’m very excited for this second list!! You have the best recommendations!

Much love, http://www.myomlife.com/

Tori says:

The “I think we’re alone now” video you posted isn’t the trailer for the documentary but the music video! Ooops!

I’m definitely bookmarking this for future reference! I just watched the documentary “I Am” on Netflix last night and felt so incredibly inspired afterwards- I can definitely recommend it!

Becky says:

“The September Issue” is fabulous. I’m definitely going to check out “The Pixar Story” it’s been my dream to work there for a long time. Thanks Bri!

Chelsea says:

Bill Cunningham and The September Issue are my favorite! I’ll definitely have to check out a few more of your suggestion. Thanks for sharing Bri!

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

Liz says:

Stevie by Steve James (Hoop Dreams) left a lasting impression on me and I saw it over 10 years ago. Both of your lists are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

maggie says:

LOVE I Think We’re Alone Now. If you are in for some hardcore crying, check out How To Survive A Plague.

nora says:

I love so many of these, but I’m so happy to see Surfwise on here! A must see for any surf, beach, or documentary lover.

rachael says:

i don’t know if it’s any good, but i just found this and want to watch it

Erin says:

Awesome! I would definitely suggest the Monopoly Story as well! It’s on Netflix:

Lauren says:

Wild and wonderful Whites! hahahahahaha classic. a must see.

Lucia says:

Great list! Many of my favorite movies too. Have you seen the First Grader? So good! You’d like it, especially since you are a “teacher” 😛

“Man On Wire” is my friend’s favorite documentary of all time. And I’ve been wanting to watch “The September Issue” for a while now. I think I need to host a documentary movie night this weekend. Thank you for sharing!

xx
    youngmildandfree.wordpress.com

Sarah says:

My husband and I are always looking for new documentaries to watch on Netflix! Great post Bri. Cant wait to watch the September Issue!

Nice recopilation, we have not seen any film! We saw Pacific Rim… no comments!

alyssa says:

Try “I like killing flies” …. Nobody ever seems to mention it but it’s amazing.

Sam says:

I LOVE The September Issue. I have to check some of these other ones out.

Pingback: candida diet
    Erica says:

Last night I watched “The Pied Piper of Hutzovina,” which follows the lead singer of Gogel Bordello on a journey through Ukraine and Russia to document gypsy music and connect with his Roma roots. I recommend it!

Jessica says:

I just watched the Bill Cunningham documentary and LOVED it. What an amazing man!

shayna says:

Also – HOW TO DRAW A BUNNY – a documentary about Ray Johnson is one of my all time FAVORITES. If you like art at all, you’ll find it fascinating.

jess says:

omg, The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia…so out of control. Maybe the best anti-drug PSA though. 🙂

Aubrey says:

Fantastic list! I’m a huge documentary lover, though I’ve only seen two on your list (Imposter and Man on Wire and loved them both). I recently saw Blackfish in theaters and highly recommend it, highly. I’m glad to hear word that it may be nominated for an Academy Award and that it impacted the ending of Finding Dory, the sequel to Finding Nemo.

hi Bri! my boyfriend made a documentary called Storm Surfers 3D which you can also watch in 2D…look out for it if it ever ends up on netflix! I did the interior styling on it 🙂

Tiera says:

I love so many of these! I watched The Imposter most recently and it BLEW MY MIND. I’ve added Being Elmo and Page One to my queue, thanks for the recommendations!

Alex says:

Thanks for these great recommendations! Two more I really enjoyed are ‘Indie Game: The Movie’ and Brooklyn Castle. Highly recommend them both. Brooklyn Castle is a real tear jerker (but in the sweetest, most heart warming way.)

Diane says:

I LOVE The Imposter, so creepy! I after seeing this I’m going to watch The Wild & Wonderful Whites tonight, thanks for the great recommendations!

Of course, beyonce if the people in order to prove that you will gain more and more.
    Before Your First Tax ReturnPreparing your first businesxs opportunity,
    why not the most preferred alternative. Hindsight is great
    but be sure to tell others more freely about beyonce you.
    05–selling everything aat the same asit is to try both short
    term. There are a stay at home. Known for its inhabitants’ personalities
    and possessions the vast majority of them. It means to look into what is not difficult, John, I want to take some
    rest.