07.16.13

STYLE / 99

i think this might be one of my favorite looks to date. jimmy selected a perfect location for this shoot, which was very inspired by the 1970′s and one of my style icons, stevie nicks. i kind of freaked out when i saw the dove, i mean “edge of seventeen”…it was meant to be.

arian created a video capturing the movement and environmental style of the whole experience.

i guess i am kind of moving through the decades here, last week the 60′s and this week the 70′s. i love pulling images from a certain decade when creating a look. it is amazing how specific every time period is and how the clothing/style directly reflected what was going on in the world at that time. this look felt very free and liberating something that the 70′s hippie fashion embodied so well.

this specific look is vintage, but to achieve the same look you gotta layer. sheers, slips necklaces, sweaters (or in this case, a kimono)…you just add on until it feels right. you know who consistently pulls off this vibe? the olsen girls. (speaking of, the first blog i ever read was olsens anonymous.) they do the carefree style quite well if you ask me.

photos by: jimmy marble
video by: modshift
styling by: joanie cusack
hair & makeup by: alex may

more style posts: right here

• 1. dana  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:27 am

this is like my dream shoot come true. this is absolutely perfect and you look stunning as always. i just saw fleetwood mac a few weeks ago. rock on stevie!

• 2. Chelsea  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:30 am

OKAY. These pictures are AMAZING. You look beautiful, and that blue wall is to die for. Amazing art direction. Totally inspiring :) <3

• 3. bernadette  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:35 am

Wonderful! Where is this wall in LA? Thanks!

• 4. Allison  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:39 am

AMAZING. all of it. so many girl crushes in one post – stevie, mk&a and you, of course.

• 5. molly alone  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:43 am

olsens anonymous was the first blog i ever read too!!! and then shortly after, le fashion!! BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, (can this type get any bigger) BEAUTIFUL post!

• 6. Kristen  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:46 am

LOVE. So perfect. I also love the way the Olsen’s pull off effortless chic.

• 7. mekeesha  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:49 am

ahhh! one of your best shoots! i keep thinking that week after week though. :)

love this so much. you look fantastic.

• 8. Mara Dawn  |  July 16th, 2013 at 8:54 am

These images are fantastic Bri! You’re right, the location was the perfect choice.

• 9. Luv and Kiwi  |  July 16th, 2013 at 9:09 am

Mmm…Mazzy Star. Good song choice.

• 10. holly wells  |  July 16th, 2013 at 9:25 am

This is freaking amazing! I love how you styled everything!@ You epic girl you!

xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

• 11. HANNAHLUXDAVIS  |  July 16th, 2013 at 9:32 am

This is my favorite look on you!!!! you look STUNNING bri!!!

• 12. Heather  |  July 16th, 2013 at 9:54 am

This is gorgeous, but I miss when your fashion posts were actual outfits from your closet that you would wear any given day. I would rather see things you own and love and wear regularly than some handpicked, newly-purchased designer/vintage get-up for a posed, magazine-like spread. These posts serve a purpose to you creatively, I’m sure, but I still miss the original concept of the series.

• 13. Yvette  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:11 am

Love this look! so awesome

• 14. Nicole  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:21 am

This location is PERFECTION!

Great shoot!

Nicole

• 15. Chelsea  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:26 am

These photos are STUNNING Bri! You look amazing you your team nailed the Stevie Nicks look.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 16. Marta  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:32 am

Love the look and the video. Beautiful work all around! Can’t wait for the 100th style post next! You rock Bri!

• 17. rachel  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:45 am

i love that you did such a boho, hippie thing but in graphic black and white way. I sort of agree with heather thought- i do really love actual peeks into your real closet. also, i like that you sort of gave the tips for how to recreate.

• 18. Chantel  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:49 am

So beautiful! Loving the colour combination!

• 19. Sharna  |  July 16th, 2013 at 11:00 am

Yep! Perfection.

Sharna

• 20. August Hess  |  July 16th, 2013 at 11:21 am

I love these pictures and everything about the video! I started following your photographer on instagram a while back because of these badass pics. The hands and dove mural with your dreamy style make my heart happy! You rock.

• 21. caitlin of wanderlustings  |  July 16th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I literally just DIED. Phenomenal work.

• 22. Chelsea @ afternibbin.  |  July 16th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

You look absolutely incredible here! Perfect location for the shoot too. Edge of Seventeen is one of my favourite ever songs, if ever I’m feeling fed up that’s what I play, loud. :)

• 23. Marta @ What Should I eat for breakfast today  |  July 16th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

You look amazing! And I love this spot.

• 24. melissa  |  July 16th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

100%, my favourite look of ALL style posts… and you look incredible. It just suits you. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

• 25. bri  |  July 16th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

thank you all for your super sweet comments! means so much. and i am sure jimmy appreciates it too :) -bri

• 26. Samantha Chic  |  July 16th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Congrats on 99 style posts! I just passed the 100 mile mark myself recently! Keep the lovely styles coming! — SC at http://www.samanthachic.com

• 27. Alexandra Pettinato  |  July 16th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

You look absolutely magical.

That dress + that backdrop = amazing! These photos are great.

Alex from http://www.polkadottedpixels.com

• 28. Mere @merestreet.com  |  July 16th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Your hair looks baller in these – wish I could pull off the platinum mermaid do. Great outfit too – very Stevie Nicks/Bridget Bardot. Nothing wrong with that comparison.

• 29. Sami {Poor & Pretty}  |  July 16th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I definitely see you channeling Stevie Nicks! My sister and I used to dance around our living room to the entire “Rumors” album. Ha! :)

• 30. Amy Karsten  |  July 16th, 2013 at 7:35 pm

My favorite style post so far. Love the Mazzy Star.

• 31. Catherine  |  July 16th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Oh my gosh! Just like Stevie! Even without the suede boots you look so much like her.
    Since last week I’ve been listening to Fleetwood Mac on repeat so this is weirdly well timed.

• 32. Latrina / oftreesandhues  |  July 16th, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Beautiful! I love how different this style shoot is from all of your others. :) Love it!

• 33. (made in)Faro  |  July 17th, 2013 at 3:05 am

Wahou ! You are wonderful girl !!!
    xoxo

Manon

• 34. Noor  |  July 17th, 2013 at 3:45 am

Oh I do love that outfit.

• 35. Justina  |  July 17th, 2013 at 9:40 am

f*cking hot lady!

• 36. Tori  |  July 17th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I am so impressed with this shoot! Wow. I adore it! You look amazing, Bri, in 70′s inspired outfits:)

Much love from http://myomlife.com/

• 37. Hanna  |  July 17th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

So serene & perfect ;)

• 38. katie  |  July 17th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

amazing!

• 39. Bailey  |  July 18th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Best style post ever!

• 40. Annie marknatonatou  |  July 19th, 2013 at 1:28 am

Looking great as always!

• 41. Jimmy Marble&hellip  |  July 20th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

[...] for designlovefest.com styling: joanie cusack hair and makeup: alex may [...]

• 42. Peace Be With You | Jimmy&hellip  |  July 20th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

• 43. Elsie  |  July 23rd, 2013 at 4:13 pm

i know that wall…i lived in a small house on 39. it was a little rough there then. still is i guess. props for going barefoot, even if for a second.

gorgeous post bri. everything was perfect and that man of yours sure made a beautiful video.

• 44. Amee  |  July 24th, 2013 at 11:51 am

love this! i pass by that wall every day on my way to work and it inspires me to do a shoot in front of it too!

• 45. Theresa  |  August 14th, 2013 at 9:58 am

I think I have posted to this thread already above, but I always come back to it. This is my favorite style post you have ever done. You are simply gorgeous, inside and out. This post reminds me of an angel floating in the clouds. Pure love and peace my lady! Keep it up!

FUN PILLOWS…