07.09.13

STYLE / 98 TOPSHOP

topshop1

for this final top shop look we pulled inspirations from one of the most iconic fashion beauties of all time, twiggy. i could look at images of her all day and still feel inspired, the expressiveness of her face blows me away. i love how almost all of her photos are shot in a studio but she somehow always makes it feel original.

topshop-yellow3
topshop-yellow2

yellow happens to be my favorite color so when we pulled this sweater i knew it had to be apart of one of the looks. the combination of the sophisticated jacquard skirt with the easiness of the sweater was an unexpected but perfect match. the bow on my head was a last minute addition from a scarf that i almost always carry with me on my purse. any old scarf from home can become an over exaggerated outfit addition!

topshop-yellow1

thanks for all of the feedback on the collection of topshop posts (and here too)! i always love to hear your thoughts on what we are putting together!

photos by: heather gildroy
styled by: joanie cusack
hair by: alicyn blackman
shop the topshop sweater here & skirt here

more style posts: right here and last week’s topshop post here!

• 1. Quinn Cooper  |  July 9th, 2013 at 4:51 am

You definitely pulled off the Twiggy look. Love the yellow sweater and the antique look of the photos.
    Loves this topshop series, well done!
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

• 2. Jeline  |  July 9th, 2013 at 5:31 am

So adorable! Love this to bits!

sartorialust.blogspot.com

• 3. kelsey  |  July 9th, 2013 at 6:25 am

adore this outfit and love the styling/posing of the shoot
    kw, ladies in navy

• 4. Becky Murphy  |  July 9th, 2013 at 6:38 am

Friggin love this. Maybe the most? It reminds me of the 60′s Spinnerin catalogs I keep around for some great future dream project. Do you edit these? Photographer or Topshop? I’m curious if there’s a tutorial hanging around somewhere. Nice work.

• 5. Monica  |  July 9th, 2013 at 7:01 am

This is so Twiggy – I love it! The hair looks amazing and those lashes are out of this world.

M.

• 6. Maggie  |  July 9th, 2013 at 7:15 am

You do Twiggy justice! Great looks.
    -Maggie

• 7. The New Diplomat's Wife  |  July 9th, 2013 at 7:32 am

love the lashes, twiggy all the way, congrats on a great series.

• 8. alicia  |  July 9th, 2013 at 7:58 am

twiggy = awesome. nailed it!

• 9. Tori  |  July 9th, 2013 at 7:59 am

You are oozing Twiggy in this photo shoot! Love it! Fantastic series.

Much love from Tori @ http://myomlife.wordpress.com/

• 10. Sarah  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:06 am

So very you, Bri! I swear you are the modern day twiggy with those big pretty eyes of yours and your knack for flirty fun!

• 11. rose  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am

Love all three looks. This yellow sweater is perfect!

• 12. Alix  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:41 am

love this and LOVE that yellow on you! Although because twiggy was known for her pixie-short hair cut, i have to say you actually remind me more of a sexy go-go Goldie Hawn! (which is a compliment, for sure…..she was a little hottie back in the day!)

• 13. LeAnn  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:42 am

My favorite look of the series by far! You’re right about that sweater and skirt combo – surprising but so appropriate. Good work, bri!

• 14. Megan  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:43 am

Oh Bri you are amazing. I have loved this series. You know how to make ideas come to life. I love it as always ma’am ;)

• 15. bri  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:45 am

love goldie, alix! quite the compliment, thank you! :)

• 16. Tobe | Because It's Awesome  |  July 9th, 2013 at 8:51 am

BRI. these are amazing!! you are taking this to a whole new level.

• 17. Kristina  |  July 9th, 2013 at 10:05 am

What a great post! You’re rocking that outfit in every single photo. Too adorable.
    xx http://enzaessentials.wordpress.com

• 18. Alex  |  July 9th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Damn girl you look good :]

• 19. Sharna  |  July 9th, 2013 at 10:55 am

I love your photo shoots! Nailed every image, especially the big scarf bow. Thanks for sharing.:)

Sharna

• 20. beth  |  July 9th, 2013 at 10:59 am

I know you were going for twiggy in this shoot and I totally see that and love this shoot, but it reminds me a bit of this image too, http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/g/e/gelena_gelena/1.jpg

No matter what this look, shoot, and your editing of the images is just fantastic and totally inspired!

• 21. Chelsea  |  July 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am

You’re giving me so much Twiggy in these fabulous images! Love the shoot Bri… those eyelashes are bananas.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 22. Elizabeth  |  July 9th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

This is too cute! Twiggy is such an icon.

Elizabeth of The Corner Apartment

• 23. charity  |  July 9th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

great styling, colors, and expressions. love this shoot!

charity

• 24. Amanda Marie  |  July 9th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

The colors in this are fabulous!! I especially love the eyelashes, so killer!

• 25. Alexandra Pettinato  |  July 9th, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Super cute!! LOVE Twiggy. The epitome of mod+1960′s British style. Look at those lashes – fantastic :)

Loved this feature.

Alex from http://www.polkadottedpixels.com

• 26. Kerry Rose  |  July 9th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

You really couldn’t be more beautiful. And I’m a bit jealous that you can pull yellow off so well! It’s one color I have trouble wearing. :)

• 27. Sam  |  July 9th, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Oh these are so fun! I love the scarf bow you added. It’s such a fun detail.

• 28. Kendra  |  July 10th, 2013 at 9:31 am

Love these Top Shop colabs! So awesome! K

• 29. Anna Liesemeyer  |  July 10th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Bri, these are insane!! Congrats to all on a beautiful shoot!

• 30. Georgia  |  July 10th, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Love the idea for the scarf bow. So sweet! And the sweater is great!

• 31. Charlotte  |  July 11th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Love these photos Bri!
    How did you get that awesome vintage photo effect? Can you share?
    Thanks.
    Charlotte

• 32. ebb & flow :: fabulou&hellip  |  July 14th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

[...] • I want this look. [...]

• 33. jenson  |  July 19th, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I will be very appreciated for this blog site. Its an instructive topic. That help me quite definitely to solve a few problems. It’s opportunity are very fantastic and style consequently speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Cheers.

• 34. eMusic  |  July 29th, 2013 at 5:52 am

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I
    just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I
    genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?
    Thanks!

• 35. how to build a website url  |  January 31st, 2014 at 6:40 am

It is really a nice and useful piece of info.
    I am satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank
    you for sharing.

• 36. th_m m_ vi_n  |  March 28th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Normally I do not learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it!
    Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks,
    quite great article.