07.02.13

STYLE 97 / TOPSHOP

i very rarely wear pants. you can scroll through all of my style posts and probably will only find 5 or 6 posts where i’m wearing pants. (remember this retro jumpsuit?!) i just feel more comfortable in skirts and dresses. i tried these floral ankle pants on at topshop and had little faith that they would fit right. sometimes this style of pants can appear too crotchy (i know you know what i mean.) but these fit fantastic. and to my surprise, were even flattering.

i paired it with a simple pink cropped sweater and metallic heels. and of course a vintage cadillac. the look felt very classic california housewife to me. it actually reminded me of the red-headed gal in edward scissorhands.

we have one more look in the 3-post topshop series coming next week. which do you like better, last week’s fitted green dress or this more casual look? i think my favorite is this look.

photos by: heather gildroy
styled by: joanie cusack
hair by: alicyn blackman
shop the cropped sweater & pants at topshop

more style posts: right here and last week’s topshop post here!

• 1. ali thompson  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 4:43 am

those pants are awesome. and can totally relate to the crotchy-ness that comes with cropped pants…!

• 2. Pink Ronnie  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 5:18 am

Oh Bri, you are awesome. Love the styling, the photography, the art direction and the modelling.
    Ronnie xo

• 3. Laura Bear  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:07 am

Love it! Beautiful shots. I think I like the green dress best so far!

• 4. bethany baker  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:09 am

Gorgeous! Those shoes are fab!

• 5. kelsey  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:30 am

super cute!
    kw, http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

• 6. Alexandra Pettinato  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:33 am

You look fabulous! Your hair in this post is THE BEST. I loved that green dress but this look is awesome. You rock those pants girl.

Alex from http://www.polkadottedpixels.com

• 7. Julia  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:49 am

Girl, you look hot! Amazing photos and great modeling :)

xx,
    Julia

• 8. Brooke  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:49 am

These pants look great on you, and not “crotchy” at all haha! Love how you paired it with a pink knit crop top.

xo honestlyb.com

• 9. Tasneem  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:54 am

I would have never thought to combine those two pieces in one outfit. you have such a good eye for flair.

• 10. Chase @ The Smell of Summer  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:55 am

What a rad photoshoot!

Chase Miller
    The Smell of Summer – A Boutique Lifestyle Blog

• 11. rachel  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 7:18 am

Anything with a reference to Edward Scissors Hands is gonna be my favorite. I really want to learn to wear pants.

• 12. Elizabeth  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 7:45 am

You are so cute! I love your colorful retro style. And big hair.

Elizabeth of The Corner Apartment

• 13. mekeesha  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 8:10 am

these pictures are great and you look awesome. love it.

• 14. Monica  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 8:22 am

For someone who rarely wears pants, this pair was a great pick. I love the colors and print.

• 15. Chelsea  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 9:54 am

This look is my favorite so far Bri…I love the retro fit of the pants/sweater and big hair! You look AMAZING.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 16. Mrs. ShuGar  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 10:43 am

Beauty! Beauty! Beauty! There’s nothing more I can say. I too am wary about wearing pants that can appear crotchy. You never know since the size can’t tell you the “crotchiness” level. I love how they look. I want printed pants now too!

• 17. Ali  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 10:47 am

I love it! It reminds me of the Edward Scissorhands lady too. But classier. :)’

• 18. smilesdavis  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 11:02 am

Bomb.com Brri, so in love! Excited to see these somewhere near my dj booth in the topshop store

• 19. SMID  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 11:23 am

Love the pants on you and LOVE that this was staged in a vintage pink Cadillac …too good

• 20. Katie  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 11:30 am

Love this look! Ha! I know exactly what you mean about pants being crotchy! Such a pain!

• 21. Dominika  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 11:33 am

I love the outfit. Very cool combination.Pictures are briliant!

• 22. Amy  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I love this outfit! I don’t like wearing pants either as opposed to skirts or dresses but I love the pattern on this pair.

• 23. Jillian  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Very Peg Bundy, but in a much classier sense.

• 24. AUGUST  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I want that CAR!! Ughhhh!

The silver on those heels really pull the whole look together, (especially with that car). You look gorgeous all your vintage posts.

• 25. khali  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 1:34 pm

You should wear pants more with an ass like that. nicely done non-crotchity topshop pant. xo

• 26. Tori  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Yes, this look takes the lead with this Topshop series. So chic and sexy!

Much love from http://myomlife.wordpress.com/

• 27. bridget  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 2:01 pm

you are suuuuch a hottie, bri. this is so fun.

• 28. Mishka Mae  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Love, love this photo shoot, Bri! ^_^

• 29. Rosh  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 11:10 pm

how ironic that you say “you can scroll through all of my style posts” – I did just that last week(w/o missing even one) and I love your style … with really nice photo’s too :)

• 30. Charlotte  |  July 3rd, 2013 at 2:47 am

They look really good on you… and they look so good with that crop top!

• 31. San Diego Photographer  |  July 3rd, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Adorable shoot!

• 32. Blog Hoppin’ | East&hellip  |  July 5th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

[…] a niece and she’s so cute. About as cute as this girl named Ruby. She sure is a gem. – Bri at DesignLoveFest is such a blonde bombshell. She’s smart and pretty; total girlcrush! – This girl here, […]

• 33. chandra ~ oh lovely day  |  July 10th, 2013 at 11:10 pm

damn girl! you’re smokin’ and I love the bombshell look! Though if it is “California housewife” then I’m really slacking :)

• 34. STYLE / 98 TOPSHOP | D E &hellip  |  August 2nd, 2013 at 6:54 am

[…] for all of the feedback on the collection of topshop posts (and here too)! i always love to hear your thoughts on what we are putting […]

• 35. STYLE / 99 | D E S I G N &hellip  |  August 2nd, 2013 at 6:55 am

[…] guess i am kind of moving through the decades here, last week the 60′s and this week the 70′s. i love pulling images from a certain decade when creating a look. it […]

• 36. mountain view realtor&hellip  |  August 25th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

mountain view realtor…

Gin | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T…

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg