STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE
Local food is very important to me so I often shop at farmer’s markets for fresh, local produce. The best thing about the market…you get to sample everything before you buy! And that is exactly how I got inspired to make this salad.This sweet summery salad has it all, rich in vitamins and full of color.
*This is a starting point for the salad. Use as much or as little of each ingredient as desired. I enjoy a lot of different textures in my salads, so I go heavier on crunchy ingredients.
KEEP READING FOR FULL RECIPE…
Strawberry Spinach Salad
• 6 cups baby spinach (could also add romaine lettuce)
• 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• handful of sugar snap peas (can be left whole or cut & seeded)
• 3/4 cup almonds
• 2 chicken breast grilled, sliced
how to make the salad…
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, toss gently. Serve with dressing on side.
• 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/8 cup raspberry vinegar (could really use any vinegar)
• 1 t. sugar or honey
how to make the vinaigrette…
Combine all ingredients into blender. Process until smooth. Store in glass jar in refrigerator.