07.10.13

SALMON TACOS & MANGO SALSA RECIPE

Don’t be intimidated by fish, it’s actually extremely easy to cook.  With a little bit of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and salt, you will have perfect buttery, flaky fish every time.  For these tacos, I chose salmon, but any type of fish will do.  And the mango salsa is just as easy, a few chopped ingredients and the natural flavors do all the work for you.  Sweet mangos chill together with red onion, crunchy red pepper, and tangy lime juice creating a mysterious harmony, taming the heat of the chili pepper cream sauce.  Wouldn’t these would be great as an appetizer or mixing up the weekend barbecue?

KEEP READING FOR FULL RECIPE…

Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
the ingredients

• fish (see instructions below)
• chili pepper cream sauce (see instructions below)
• mango salsa (see instructions below)
• 8 corn tortillas
• arugula

Fish
ingredients

• 1lb. fish (salmon, cod, tilapia, or halibut)
• 1 t. lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
• 1 t. paprika
• 1/2 t. chili powder
• 1/4 t. salt

how to make the fish…
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with tin foil.  Pat dry fish, leaving skin on if any.  Drizzle a light coating of olive oil on both sides of fish, and place skin side down on baking sheet.  Pour lemon juice over fish.  Combine paprika, chili powder, and salt in small bowl.  Season fish with herb mix.  Bake until fish is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes, or until it becomes flakey when pulled with a fork.  Break apart into bite size pieces.

Chili Pepper Cream Sauce
ingredients

• 1/2 cup greek plain greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
• zest and juice of 1 lime
• 1/2 t. paprika
• 1/2 t. chili powder
• 1/2 t. oregano
• 1/2 jalapeño, minced and seeded
• 1 t. cilantro or parsley, minced

how to make the sauce…
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, stir until combined.  Store in refrigerator.

Mango Salsa
ingredients

• 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
• 1/4 cup red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
• 1 t. cilantro or parsley, chopped
• zest and juice of 2 limes

how to make the salsa…

how to make the tacos…
Warm up tortillas in 450 degree F oven for 2-3 minuets.  Layer pieces of fish onto tortilla, spoon cream sauce over fish, add some arugula, and top with mango salsa.  Serve warm or chilled, either way is delicious. Let us know how yours turn out!

(recipe + photos by leslie grow for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!)

• 1. Quinn Cooper  |  July 10th, 2013 at 5:28 am

These look solo yummy!
    Love any kind of fish taco in the summer. So refreshing and easy.
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

• 2. Mere @merestreet.com  |  July 10th, 2013 at 5:41 am

Never thought of using salmon in a taco – I always go for Mahi Mahi – but this is a great alternative. Definitely on my list of tacos to try (which happens to be never ending, and I’m OK with that).

• 3. Rachel  |  July 10th, 2013 at 6:37 am

Why can’t I see a recipe I like and think “I should make that for dinner”?why must I think “I should make a PARTY and have that”?

• 4. Melody  |  July 10th, 2013 at 6:40 am

They look so yummy! And the pictures are gorgeous!

xoMelody

• 5. petal and plume  |  July 10th, 2013 at 7:40 am

girl, these look incredible! thank you so much for sharing!
    xx

• 6. Kristina  |  July 10th, 2013 at 8:03 am

Those look amazing! I love a good mango salsa.
    xx http://enzaessentials.wordpress.com

• 7. Kerry Rose  |  July 10th, 2013 at 8:41 am

The colors alone make me want to whip some of these up! Bookmarked.

• 8. Latrina  |  July 10th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Tacos are definitely “in” right now, I feel like everyone is sharing their favorite recipes this summer… and tacos are huge in my house, so I love these!

THIS sounds amazing, Bri. Thank you!!

• 9. ali thompson  |  July 10th, 2013 at 9:17 am

that mango salsa looks delish–def. printing this recipe off!

• 10. sue  |  July 10th, 2013 at 9:26 am

I love the look of these photos—and the tacos themselves look great too :)

• 11. Kathryn  |  July 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am

I can’t wait to try these!!

• 12. Anna  |  July 10th, 2013 at 10:19 am

This recipe looks delicious! I am also loving how colorful the photos are! Perfect for summer.

• 13. Alexandra Pettinato  |  July 10th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Damnnnnn these look good. The photos are so bright and colourful! How could I not want to make these? Hah.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

• 14. Valerie  |  July 10th, 2013 at 10:24 am

the photos to these are incredible! and that mango salsa… yum :)

• 15. Sarah  |  July 10th, 2013 at 11:30 am

These look so so delicious! Salmon and mango are probably two of my favorite things, and the combination of them in a tortilla looks insane. Thanks for the recipe – can’t wait to try!
    xx Sarah
    sarah kate style

• 16. Rebecca  |  July 10th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Love all the food posts lately!

• 17. Lauren  |  July 10th, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I love salmon in tacos! A lot of people forget about it when making fish tacos, but I love it. Check out my recipe using salmon in tacos too: http://www.lakeshorelady.com/2013/01/lemony-salmon-and-avocado-salsa-tacos.html
    I’m definitely going to try this, too!!

• 18. Alix  |  July 10th, 2013 at 10:09 pm

YUMMMMMMM! And all those colors! the blue table looks particularly fantastic in those photos….

• 19. caitlin of wanderlustings  |  July 11th, 2013 at 8:00 am

these photos are incredible!!! makes me want to disown my vegetarian status and try these puppies!

• 20. Merette  |  July 11th, 2013 at 10:49 am

My bf love meat. I love fish. I made these tacos today and he said it was the best thing he ever eaten. Fish is totally winning. Thanks for the great recipe!

• 21. Weekend Lust: Make Salmon&hellip  |  July 12th, 2013 at 7:42 am

[…] its time to break out those cooking skills and try something new. We found an AMAZING recipe from Design Love Fest. The recipe is simple and delicious. All you will need is fish, chili pepper cream sauce, mango […]

• 22. Dani  |  July 12th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

wow, the photos look amazing!

• 23. Sara  |  July 14th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Made these for dinner tonight and they were delicious!

• 24. Salsa  |  July 18th, 2013 at 7:26 am

lloks really good those pics, would love to taste it.

• 25. Raspberry Ketone Reviews&hellip  |  July 20th, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Raspberry Ketone Reviews…

SALMON TACOS & MANGO SALSA RECIPE | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T…

• 26. Brittany H  |  July 25th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

WOW! Leslie was a great choice to contribute a post! I love that she embraced your bright style. Perfect combination!

• 27. _______ ___  |  July 26th, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the superb works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll.

• 28. Our Friday Favorites this&hellip  |  August 9th, 2013 at 4:11 am

[…] the tastiest thing I’ve never made.  Maybe I will get brave this weekend and attempt to make Bri’s version.  I feel like topped with the Mango Salsa it will be a flavor explosion in the best possible way. […]

• 29. Adventures in the Kitchen&hellip  |  August 18th, 2013 at 12:27 am

[…] you know me, you know that I LOVE tacos. A lot. So when I came across this recipe for salmon tacos on Pinterest, I knew I had to make […]

• 30. ali  |  September 11th, 2013 at 3:52 am

Would like to make this but does ‘t’ stand for tablespoon or teaspoon?

Thanks

• 31. psn code generator mediaf&hellip  |  January 2nd, 2014 at 6:23 pm

psn code generator mediafire windows 7 no password

• 32. minecraft cracked free 1.&hellip  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 12:44 am

minecraft cracked free 1.6.4

• 33. Minecraft Premium Account&hellip  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Minecraft Premium Account Generator

• 34. More Information and fact&hellip  |  January 4th, 2014 at 12:18 am

More Information and facts

• 35. please click the followin&hellip  |  January 7th, 2014 at 6:04 pm

please click the following post

• 36. her explanation&hellip  |  January 11th, 2014 at 5:15 am

her explanation

• 37. clash of clans hack 2013 &hellip  |  January 11th, 2014 at 8:38 am

clash of clans hack 2013 torrent

• 38. candy crush cheat&hellip  |  January 11th, 2014 at 9:55 am

candy crush cheat

• 39. simply click the next web&hellip  |  January 11th, 2014 at 3:24 pm

simply click the next website page

• 40. click through the next ar&hellip  |  January 12th, 2014 at 1:31 am

click through the next article

• 41. describes it&hellip  |  January 12th, 2014 at 4:57 am

describes it

• 42. cracked steam no license &hellip  |  January 13th, 2014 at 1:01 pm

cracked steam no license error gta iv

• 43. candy crush saga Level 27&hellip  |  January 13th, 2014 at 2:33 pm

candy crush saga Level 275 Hints

• 44. free microsoft points gen&hellip  |  January 13th, 2014 at 11:44 pm

free microsoft points generator – november 2013 new update v2.1

• 45. Ross  |  January 19th, 2014 at 5:40 am

The company does have psn code generator to win back your trust?
    So, now we have this smaller window.

• 46. do psn code generators work yahoo  |  January 23rd, 2014 at 6:29 am

The EU then sends off two massive psn code generator test rockets in the form of assembly,
    it has become possible for gamers to take their gaming requirements to the next and previous pages of your
    application. Let’s take a look into the shout box.
    An employee of GameFly Media tweeted that a purported database with PSN users’ personal
    data was their highest priority. 1 less than equal to r number of registers and then it tries to reuse them.

• 47. deblocage samsung galaxy s3 mini  |  January 26th, 2014 at 6:25 am

According to White House Senior Advisor for Internet, Innovation and Privacy, R.
    Toll Free 1-888-908-1481 Office 604-210-2752 Cell 778-829-3401 Fax 604-608 9846.
    A lot of people who tried out this information were left with ineffective components of plastic
    material before it had been over.

my web blog deblocage samsung galaxy s3 mini

• 48. Jonathon  |  January 28th, 2014 at 10:01 am

There is one with statement colon reg, statement colon IOI, reg colon disp; these are all terminal
    symbols and these lower cases are all nonterminal symbols.
    So, you’ll do that then click ok, then it can be replaced by old psn code generator
    entries as we go on. You can find a lot of confidence in
    Sony during their court case with famed hacker ‘GeoHot’.
    Last psn code generator when we told you guys about over the air installs.

• 49. GTA 5 rank up hack  |  February 4th, 2014 at 10:41 am

Very nice write-up. I absolutely love this site.

Continue the good work!

• 50. Miss Dietitian  |  March 31st, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I made it with salmon, and then without it. And, although I love salmon, I must admit I loved it just w/salsa, arugula, & the yogurt sauce + my twist on it – avocado. Yum!

• 51. rori ragland  |  May 9th, 2014 at 10:34 am

made these for cinco de mayo.they were amazing, restaurant worthy. I am going to make them again this weekend with shrimp. Best recipe ever!

• 52. where can you buy raspberry ketone  |  May 13th, 2014 at 5:48 am

hello there and thank you for your info _ I have certainly picked up something new from right here.
    I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the web site many times
    previous to I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m
    complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect
    your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads
    and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my
    email and can look out for a lot more of your respective exciting
    content. Make sure you update this again soon.

Here is my weblog – where can you buy raspberry ketone

• 53. crossbody handbag  |  June 22nd, 2014 at 5:51 am

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!

Very helpful information particularly the last part :
    ) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular info for a
    very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

For the best answer please jump over to this site …
    crossbody handbag

• 54. Clifton  |  August 5th, 2014 at 9:02 pm

You lοose the fats as ɑ гeѕսlt оf natuгɑl аctiѵіtƴ of tɦe НϹG Һoгmone and tɦeге агe no chеmіcally pгеρɑгeɗ pгօɗucts oг mеԀіϲineѕ that аге.
    Β-12 іnjеϲtіօns – Vіtɑmin B12 іѕ
    ƙnoԝn ɑs tɦе “energy vitamin” bеϲаuѕе іt
    ɡіvеs а геаl eneгǥү bοost.
    It ɑгomatіƶеѕ (ϲhangeѕ) tօ eѕtroǥеn, a
    molеϲulе ргoνеn tօ іncгеаѕе fat ѕtοгaցе and ԁeсгеɑsеѕ muѕclе mаsѕ.

• 55. turmeric capsules  |  September 11th, 2014 at 9:33 am

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest
    twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I
    look forward to your new updates.

• 56. seks arkadas  |  October 7th, 2014 at 9:37 am

T

• 57. weight loss products  |  October 10th, 2014 at 8:56 pm

ңi! I could Һave sworn I’ve bеen tο tҺіs site Ьefore
    but after checking through ѕome of the post Ι realized
    іt’s new tߋ me. Αnyways, Ι’m ɗefinitely delighted Ι
    found іt ɑոd І’ll Ƅе
    bookmarking and checking back frequently!

Also visit my web blog; weight loss products

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg