2013 GOAL LIST
finding what you love to do is a long journey. one that might take years, or decades. i am still trying to figure out what my path is exactly. everything has been moving quickly that i have barely had time to sit with myself and write my goals out (something i used to do all the time!) i took a look back in my high school journal and found a list that made me smile…i had written things like “go to college for design” and “work for nylon magazine” and even wrote “be creative no matter what.”
so i figured it was time for a 2013 list…
1. continue to grow my art directing portfolio.
2. find a large studio that i can work/shoot in.
3. make the “designlovefestival” happen that i’ve been thinking about for years.
4. to find more time for family & relationship. to not let work consume my thoughts.
5. suck it up and learn how to use your nice camera. you like taking pictures, so just do it.
6. more personal projects.
7. try to travel to every continent by the time i’m 30 and expand my travel love into reviewing hotels. (on my short list of places to dream about: thailand, morocco, japan & tulum)
8. continue to push designlovefest & myself to the next level.
9. learn more about managing employees. and how to creative a positive working environment with boundaries, organization, enthusiasm and clear goals.
10. don’t stop dreaming about brand collaborations. and make sure it’s always a genuine, natural fit. trust your gut on this one.
there they are. now i just have to focus on them. i encourage you to make a list as well…it’s nice to sit and think about what would make you happy in this life. YOLO, you know?
(photos by jimmy marble, styling by joanie cusack)