06.18.13

WHAT DOES YOUR BIRTHDAY MEAN?

my friend jesse told me about a site called the secret language of birthdays the other day. since then, i have looked up my relatives, boyfriend, and friends and it’s been shockingly accurate! a few things here and there will be off, but overall there has been a lot of true advice (almost creepy how true!) and let me warn you, it will probably point out some not awesome things about your personality too. but you can take it if i can…

b6204a0d6654f1c45975259efbf88d5e

it’s a 40 year case study based on more than 20,000 people born on your exact month, day and year. my birthday, january 22nd, goes a little like this…

• “Expressive individuals, they may find it difficult to control their impulsiveness in either their private or public lives.” (geeez, ain’t that the truth)

• “You must find an outlet for your creative energy.” (ok, how about designlovefest.com?)

• “Try not to be discouraged by lack of understanding, ignorance or negative criticism.” (ha, easier said than done. but alright.)

check your birthday here! did you find yours to be true?

(design via flickr)

• 1. Catherine  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:13 am

I cant help but feel that as i read it i am trying to associate the findings with my own life. But there are some fun things I’m willing to accept! i.e dancing for exercise, having abstract thoughts and ‘living on another plane of existence’. Yep sounds like me the weirdo airhead!(born March 7th)

• 2. Shell  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:37 am

haha! I found this book years ago at a friend’s house and was astonished by it’s accuracy about aspects of my personality (hello ‘curious blend of introvert and extrovert’). Thanks for the reminder that I am born on the day of the Trendsetters ;)

• 3. shayna  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:52 am

Honestly, I’m always skeptical of these things. They say fortune tellers and tarot card readers, horoscope readers say enough general things that are 80% accurate for most people. That high percentage makes you comfortable enough to disregard the other 20% that is not entirely accurate (but could be) – I even saw an Oprah show on this a while back… That’s exactly how I felt about reading my birthday; It’s about 80% accurate.

I will say I put in my “relationship match” with my husband and our birthdays are “ideal for marriage” so I’ll take it. Why not?

• 4. Jasmine  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:12 am

I just spent WAY too long on that site!

• 5. Mallory  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:17 am

I checked the birthdays of my husband, mom, dad and myself. They were all the exact opposite of any of us. It said my dad is a free spirit. I actually laughed out loud. He retired from the Air Force after 20 years, and still works for the military in some aspect. I was hoping it would be accurate to see what it had to say about me. Too bad.

• 6. Anna  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:19 am

WOAH! even after reading Shayna’s comment above, I’m still massively impressed. Mine was totally spot on and then so was my husbands. *spends all day searching EVERYONE I KNOW* pahahha

• 7. Stefanie // Life on the Squares  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:21 am

Bri, love this! My mom’s bday is January 22 too, how funny! ..and this seems true for her. about to go check mine out…thanks for sharing!!

XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

• 8. Rebecca Lately  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:24 am

That’s so much fun! I could definitely be stuck on that site all day. I love stuff like that, and it kind of solidifies something I’ve thought about people. Since I’ve been a mom, I’ve noticed that my friends’ kids who were born around the same time as mine have extremely similar personalities as mine do. Like, their mannerisms and the things that make them tick are the same.

• 9. susan  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:33 am

I’ve had this book since high school (had forgotten about it), and have always found it to be SO accurate!

• 10. Jordan  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:50 am

So interesting! I found some of mine to be pretty spot on. It says that I found solidity in the earth – which I’ve done tons of other personality tests and on an elemental scale (earth, wind, fire, water) I rank the heaviest on earth.

Thanks for sharing!

• 11. What does your birthday m&hellip  |  June 18th, 2013 at 7:58 am

[…] WHAT DOES YOUR BIRTHDAY MEAN? | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T. […]

• 12. Tori  |  June 18th, 2013 at 8:27 am

Interesting! My day wasn’t very much like me. But it was right about me being a very emotional and complex person that is often misunderstood by family and friends! Haha! But it got more spot on as I read the week and the month. Pretty cool!

Much love from http://myomlife.wordpress.com/

• 13. know thyself | tide &&hellip  |  June 18th, 2013 at 8:56 am

[…] it happens to be that I’m reminded of who I am by my birth date. Everyone loves reading descriptions of themselves and their potential futures, in hopes that their […]

• 14. Rebecca  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:00 am

Ohmygod, what kind of scorer’s magic was that?!!! That was so true Bri!! Very fun/bizarre to read. I mean I’m glad I did but totally freaked out by how accurate it was. I even checked some family member’s and it was just downright correct. Even to the career change my sister was thinking about in private. I mean, spooky!

• 15. Madi  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Whew…that was accurate and at times a swift kick in the shorts. But I think we need that now and again.

• 16. Melissa  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:12 am

Whoa!….totally creepy accurate.
    September 29th, 1980.

• 17. kate winsy  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:13 am

Interesting! I did the ‘check relationship’ for my boyfriend and I. His mother and I share the same birthday and they did not get along when he was younger even though she and I do have a lot of similarities. So the study says these two personalities are ideal for marriage and problematic for family. BAM!

• 18. Kendall  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Such a great post! Cause today is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

• 19. Miro - Dose of Dash  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Totally fascinating! This was pretty accurate for me personally and also in the “relationship checker.” Thanks for sharing!

• 20. Jay  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:25 am

My Mom had that book while we were growing up and it’s been a constant in my life since. I find myself frequently going back to it – looking at myself and others. It’s quite amazing, isn’t it?

Have you tried the feature on the site where you can analyze your relationships? It’s fascinating as well!

• 21. erin @WELLinLA  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:28 am

scary accurate! Thanks for sharing!! And ‘Happy Birthday’ to Kendall! (above)

• 22. Kristina  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:30 am

This kept my coworker and I occupied for quite a while today. Haha, thanks for the break!

xx http://enzaessentials.wordpress.com

• 23. Laura Kay  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:53 am

not me at all! ok maybe one aspect…

• 24. Erica  |  June 18th, 2013 at 10:07 am

we have the SAME birthday! I’ve never met any one with the same birthday!

• 25. kristi  |  June 18th, 2013 at 10:34 am

wow! mine was CRAZY accurate! Only a couple things didn’t stick, but its SO right on 99% of the time! Thanks for sharing!!!!

• 26. Laurice  |  June 18th, 2013 at 11:04 am

That’s amazing! So many accurate points, like the one where we forget to eat. Haha! Thanks for sharing Bri!

• 27. Hannah  |  June 18th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Just about to go and check mine now!

Hannah
    x

• 28. Lauren  |  June 18th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I’m really not into astrology. You can read any sign and make it relate to you…but this is unbelievably accurate! I’m reading about all my friends birthdays and it is blowing my mind! So glad you posted this!

• 29. bri  |  June 18th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

i agree lauren! i usually am skeptical, but this felt different. it wasn’t as vague…

• 30. Sam  |  June 18th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Ahhh this is so cool! I can’t wait to read what my birthday says about me.

• 31. Erica  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

WOW! That was eerily accurate. Even down to the points I didn’t like that most personality trait studies miss or don’t cover but that I’ve already recognized exist in my life. Well now I know where to send people that don’t understand me.

• 32. Tom Rezek  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

The Secret Language can be used for relationship analysis – enter two birthdays for a free report! Or buy the iPhone app…

The year of birth is not needed since the report is based on how people born in different weeks were found to interact in 5 realms – romance, friendship, parent-child, sibling and business associate.

• 33. Tom Rezek  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:30 pm

This material comes from Gary Goldschneider’s study of 20,000 people, not from Greek Mythology as is the case with astrology.

When Gary was 2 years old he was reciting 20 minute poems on Philadelphia public radio. When he was 5 he discovered that his parents were born the same day which intrigued him. From that day on he asked every person he met – What is your Birthday?
    He studied psychiatry at Yale for 3 years then got his master’s in English Lit. at Univ. of PA. When he was 45 he was the first person in the world to perform 32 Beethoven sonatas in a 12 hour concert.
    Gary is obviously a genius.
    The Secret Language material comes entirely from his experience and observations of human behavior.
    I am the co-author of The Secret Language digital version and CEO of Secret Language LLC.

• 34. bri  |  June 18th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

that’s a cool story tom!

• 35. jess lonett  |  June 18th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

that’s kind of bonkers in the best way. yikes!

• 36. Elly  |  June 19th, 2013 at 5:54 am

So accurate it´s scary!

• 37. JJP Sarasota  |  June 19th, 2013 at 9:27 am

I think websites that use light colored fonts are stupid. You have to strain just to read the words. Design is nice but get real, if you want people to read something they have got to be able to see it.

• 38. Marta @ What Should I eat for breakfast today  |  June 19th, 2013 at 3:27 pm

ok, it was a bit creepy indeed, like reading about myself.

• 39. Adani Sanchez  |  June 19th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

January 22nd is TOTALLY my birthday, too! Hello, Twin! <3 This is great!

• 40. Patti Murphy  |  June 19th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

This was insane for me. As a designer I was happy to see my day was “the day of design.” Not that I need the reassurance that I am doing what I am meant to do but that was a solid nod, “yes, you are.” Thanks so much for sharing. xx – P

• 41. Latrina  |  June 20th, 2013 at 12:21 am

Wow. That is the most bizarre thing ever… I am a little astonished at how correct is was! Not only for me… but for my husband… AND our relationship. Just, wow.

• 42. http://www.youtube.com/wa&hellip  |  June 20th, 2013 at 2:22 am

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T…

• 43. Sarolta  |  June 20th, 2013 at 10:00 am

Pretty mindblowing!

• 44. Megan  |  June 20th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Hmm I didn’t find anything that I thought was accurate for my birthday! :(

• 45. Jade Cooper-Collins  |  June 20th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

This was so interesting, there was a lot of generic stuff but a lot of it made sense! I had to show it to my mum too – I’m a twin so was interested to see if she agreed it was like both me and my sister! x

• 46. Friday Fancy | Popcorn on&hellip  |  June 21st, 2013 at 6:28 am

[…] secret language of birthdays (originally found on Design Love Fest – which you should check out) will tell you what your birthday means.  I’ve been reading […]

• 47. Tom Rezek  |  June 21st, 2013 at 10:32 am

Watch Tom Hanks, Hoda and Taylor Swift talk about The Secret Language:

Taylor said it was her favorite birthday present!

• 48. Jen =)  |  June 21st, 2013 at 11:33 am

Crazy! It was pretty accurate =)

• 49. Kelly  |  June 23rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Call it bizarre, but that thing was pretty accurate indeed!

• 50. SOME MEANDERINGS | The We&hellip  |  June 24th, 2013 at 10:10 am

[…] I think this is so cool! Check out your birthday!! Mine was eerily accurate! […]

• 51. Jess  |  June 24th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

How funny Bri, you posted this ON my birthday! It was creepily accurate, and helped give me insight on myself. thanks for posting! Always find good things on your blog.

• 52. Iris  |  June 25th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Mine was very accurate. Thank you for sharing this link!

• 53. mind blown: the secret la&hellip  |  June 25th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

[…] got this link from Design Love Fest and now I’m sharing it with you. Check it out and kill some time. You may find out something […]

• 54. jezreel  |  July 20th, 2013 at 7:07 pm

sana malaman ko na

• 55. Ryneisha  |  July 27th, 2013 at 9:47 am

I LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• 56. Link Love: 06.21.13 | Glo&hellip  |  July 29th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

[…] ~ What does your birthday mean? Check it out – mine and my husband’s were both so dead on it was creepy! […]

• 57. janet  |  August 4th, 2013 at 6:24 am

what my birthday means

• 58. Chhotu kumar  |  August 9th, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Please chek my birthday.i don’t my birthday.please help me.

• 59. Harshan  |  August 10th, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Another App on Facebook giving accurate results: https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/birthday_predictions

• 60. Harshan  |  August 10th, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Check this one too: http://birthdays.gishan.net/

• 61. Ray  |  September 26th, 2013 at 11:03 pm

My was really accurate made me surprised :)

• 62. jayannesoneja  |  October 2nd, 2013 at 3:18 am

My was really accurate made me surprised

• 63. Shakyra  |  November 14th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

My birthday is march 2.1990 lmfaooo

• 64. lawal olabisi  |  December 13th, 2013 at 6:20 am

God……bless me

• 65. Anonymous  |  December 15th, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Hi witch

• 66. konyin  |  December 23rd, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Mine said I was a workaholic which I definitely am not. Ah well, at least they gave it a shot

• 67. minecraft cracked 1.7.2 d&hellip  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 4:34 am

minecraft cracked 1.7.2 download

• 68. psn code generator no sur&hellip  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 6:21 am

psn code generator no survey no password download

• 69. minecraft free download y&hellip  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 7:40 am

minecraft free download youtube xbox

• 70. check out this site&hellip  |  January 3rd, 2014 at 11:25 am

check out this site

• 71. minecraft hunger games fr&hellip  |  January 5th, 2014 at 7:18 am

minecraft hunger games free no download

• 72. straight from the source&hellip  |  January 6th, 2014 at 6:00 am

straight from the source

• 73. browse around this web-si&hellip  |  January 7th, 2014 at 5:59 pm

browse around this web-site

• 74. microsoft points generato&hellip  |  January 8th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

microsoft points generator

• 75. psn code generator 2014 n&hellip  |  January 8th, 2014 at 10:48 pm

psn code generator 2014 no survey no password

• 76. psn code generator 2014&hellip  |  January 11th, 2014 at 6:56 pm

psn code generator 2014

• 77. please click the followin&hellip  |  January 12th, 2014 at 4:44 am

please click the following web site

• 78. candy crush cheat&hellip  |  January 12th, 2014 at 9:22 pm

candy crush cheat

• 79. candy crush saga level 14&hellip  |  January 13th, 2014 at 11:03 pm

candy crush saga level 147 help

• 80. online psn code generator&hellip  |  January 14th, 2014 at 12:37 am

online psn code generator 2014

• 81. Avalon  |  January 22nd, 2014 at 4:09 pm

my birthday always sucks i am 45 years old 46 on february 7 feel bad for anyone with this birthday.

• 82. minecraft cracker 1.7.4  |  January 24th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Asking questions are really nice thing if you are
    not understanding anything totally, except this article presents
    good understanding yet.

• 83. Microsoftpointsgenerator-Free.Blogspot.Com  |  January 25th, 2014 at 2:55 pm

If at times you don’t need a certain feature, orr you just need one from
    the mahy available, you can select and buy them heence leaving out whatever youu do not
    required at that particukar moment. s settings necessary to run some of the online games.
    It is highly recommended to strictly read and follow the Registr
    Editor instructions.

• 84. WAN  |  February 22nd, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Appreciating the commitment you put into your site and in depth information
    you offer. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material.
    Wonderful read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds
    to my Google account.

• 85. http://www.youtube.com  |  February 25th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

My brother recommended I would possibly like this blog. He was totally right.

This put up actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much
    time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

Check out my blog – psn Code generator (http://www.youtube.com)

• 86. www.youtube.com  |  February 28th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Customers will be able to buy and download games and video clip material from
    the Play – Station ® Outlet on PS3 or PSP.
    It’s proven that people who didn’t know anything about hardware could fix their Playstation
    3 within 1 hour. You can as well try to remove the hard drive and replace
    it.

• 87. nikki  |  March 12th, 2014 at 7:39 am

exactly^^^^^^^^

• 88. nikki  |  March 12th, 2014 at 7:41 am

fuck yall niqqas ahaha

• 89. minecraft server zombiemold  |  March 17th, 2014 at 11:55 am

I’m excitesԁ to uncoег tҺіοs ѕіte.
    Ι ԝаntеd to tҺanκ yߋu fօг οոeաѕ tіmе
    Ԁսе tο thіѕ fаոtаѕtіϲ rеаԁ!!
    I ɗеfіոіtеly loνе еνегү little bit օf іt aոɗ Ӏ Һaνе уoս bօоƙ maгκеԀ tο
    cɦecƙ օսt ոеա thіnցbѕ іո ʏօսг Ƅloց.

Hеге iѕ
    mƴ աеƄ ѕіtе …
    minecraft server zombiemold

• 90. removals company in Durham  |  March 21st, 2014 at 7:25 am

Why don’t we promote a local enterprise by making use of a nearby
    removals business.

• 91. Landlords gas Safety Certificate  |  March 22nd, 2014 at 9:24 am

If only people could appreciate how dangerous gas boilers can be.
    A yearly gas safety check would save lives.

• 92. gta 5  |  April 2nd, 2014 at 11:06 pm

We’re а ǥroup of volunteers аոd starting а ոew
    scheme in օur community. Υοur web site provided us with valuable іnformation tօ work οn.
    ϒou ɦave Ԁߋne ɑ formidable job
    and ߋur ѡhole community ѡill bе thankful to yοu.

• 93. skai schlater  |  April 10th, 2014 at 5:44 pm

yay my birthday is the 1 of june

• 94. Austin  |  April 14th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

It is the best time to make some plans for the
    long run and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I
    may just I want to recommend you few interesting issues
    or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to learn even more issues approximately it!

• 95. http://facetimeforpcdownload.blogspot.com  |  April 15th, 2014 at 3:18 am

I visited multiple web sites except the audio quality for audio songs present at this web page is
    actually wonderful.

• 96. Hermelinda  |  April 22nd, 2014 at 4:51 am

I just like the helpful info you provide on
    your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test once more here regularly.

I am relatively sure I’ll be told many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

• 97. http://www.ratemyarea.com  |  May 20th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

It’s very simple to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this
    post at this web page.

• 98. Beatrice  |  June 16th, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

• 99. a  |  June 29th, 2014 at 1:21 am

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with
    hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to
    no data backup. Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?

• 100. Anonymous  |  September 18th, 2014 at 3:38 am

Shit so far…

• 101. Anonymous  |  October 12th, 2014 at 11:54 pm

january 17 2002

• 102. Vdiaz  |  November 16th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Wow, this was really accurate about me. I was first of all, surprised that something knew so much about me. Then, i wondered, do you have these specific personalities BECAUSE you were born on this day??? Someone please respond

• 103. karthik mudaliar  |  December 18th, 2014 at 10:17 pm

which study i prefer to go for growyh my life

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg