06.28.13

REST IN PEACE, LAURIE

1044024_10201561067771273_596997952_n

a few days ago i received a terrible phone call. one of those “call me, it’s an emergency” texts appeared on my phone from my dad while i was teaching blogshop. my mind starting spinning with terrible possibilities. i rush out of the room and call him to find out that my step-mom had passed away and that my little brother found her in her home in arizona. my heart sank and then began racing so fast it was hard to breathe. i was in the position where i have 25 students waiting in the other room. students who signed up for a good time. how was i going to put on a happy face? i made the decision to teach one day and miss the second so that i could be with my family all week. today was the viewing of her body and it was heartbreaking. my little brothers, only 17 and 22, stood there with me mourning the loss of their mother. memories of our childhood trips and summers together. we just held each other and promised we would always be there for each other. tonight we looked through hundreds of photos together, telling stories of happy times as a family. although her and my father were divorced a few years ago, she was always like a second mom to me my entire childhood. she was a wonderful person and left this world far too early. RIP laurie, we love you.

i’ll be back to work on monday, have a nice weekend everyone. -bri

Sophie says:

Bri, my heart breaks for you. I know exactly how it feels to lose a loved one too soon. I will be praying for you and your family, and I hope you can find peace during this hard time. Sending lots of love.

Cathy G says:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hope the grief doesn’t hurt too much.

gracie says:

So sorry to hear your sad news, it so hard to work and be normal in the face of sadness.

Sally says:

So sorry to hear this, it’s awful to loose a parent so young. I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Anne says:

There is no pain worse than that of losing a loved one and unfortunately there are not words that can make it go away. Goodluck in this tough time & stay strong ♥

Ally Ebdon says:

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Look after your little brothers and let them look after you a little too. Lot of love your way. x

Maddy says:

So sorry for your loss, Bri. Sending lots of love and light your way. ((HUGS))

UpGemini says:

Here is a hug from an Italian reader.

Pink Ronnie says:

I am so sorry for your loss Bri…
    Take all the time to grieve.
    Huts,
    Ronnie xo

Drew says:

Bri, I am so, sooo sorry for your loss!
    I can’t imagine having to put on a happy face after that! I’m sure it was tough, but also know you probably kept that class going strong! I admire you for continuing the day after such devastation.
    Thinking of you and your family through this time!
    Big hugs!

lauren ashley says:

Thoughts are with your family.

sophie says:

Such horrible news. Good to know you’ll be with your family. These are the times you can really support each other.
    x

Melanie says:

I’m so sorry Bri. I can’t even imagine. Praying for your whole family.

Theresa says:

She is so beautiful. She will forever be your angel. You have a whole blog community giving you hugs in this time of need. You can never get time back, so take all that you need with your family. Hold your brother’s and your dad close now more than ever. I will be sending prayers.

XO
    Theresa

Astrid xo says:

Oh no! I hope you and your family are ok, and that this weekend is peaceful for you to remember her in. Deaths are never welcome and especially not to those close to you. You’ll be in my thoughts.
    Astrid

I’m so sorry 🙁
    My heart is with you…

Manon, from France

Brooke says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. My thoughts are with you and your fam!

Jennifer says:

Bri – I’m so very sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need to grieve. I’m keeping you in my thoughts.

Chelsea says:

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri. You’re in my prayers today… take time to cherish your family and rest!

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

Mailinh says:

So sorry to hear about your loss, Bri. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bri-
    My prayer for you in this shocking and sad time is that you will feel extra loved and be surrounded by wonderfully comforting people. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Warm regards
    Anne Marie

Sharon says:

I’ve just started following you on Bloglovin. I am really sorry to hear of your great loss. You were very brave to continue your workshop in light of the circumstances. My prayers are with you and your family. Sharon

Carissa says:

I’m sending all my love your way.

so sorry to hear about your loss, Bri. you & your family are in my thoughts.

XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

Becky says:

Bri,

I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of prayers and hugs sent your way.

Hugs,
    B.

Andrea says:

Hugs from a fan

Kristen says:

So sorry to hear about your loss! I can not imagine what you and your family are going through. Hugs and prayers.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong. Lots of love to you and your family.

Tiffany says:

So sorry for your loss, Bri. Sending love and prayers for your family.

Melissa says:

My thoughts and heart are with you, sunshine
    big hug xoxo

Krysta says:

I am so sorry for your loss Bri. Lots of love to you and your family!

Grace says:

I am so sorry to hear that. 🙁 Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Adonna says:

Condolence to you and your family. Prayers for her. <3

Chelsea says:

How awful. Sorry for your loss, Bri.

Caroline says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri. My brother passed away nearly 9 years ago and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with in my life. Being the eternal optimist that I am, when I think of how I lost Charlee it puts a lot of things in perspective. It has definitely made me appreciate the people in my life more and help me focus on what really matters and for me that’s relationships and people. Work can always wait!

You and your family are in my thoughts!
    XO
    azuree

Mommy Dearest says:

I’ve been praying for you and the boys to make it through yesterday’s viewing and today’s memorial service. Love that you paid tribute to her on here. As I’ve told many people, not many women can say that they like the person their ex marries, but I always liked her and appreciated the care she gave you. She was beautiful and kind. Stay strong, my darling daughter. XOXO

Yvonne says:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know it’s tempting to jump right back to work, but take some time to take really good care of yourself and mourn if you need to. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Sandi says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Take the time to heal and mourn with your family.

I lost a friend on Monday due to cancer. She was 25. It’s a rough week Bri, but it will get better 🙂 Thanks for being a strong lady even when you get an unfortunate surprise!

so so sorry for your loss Bri.

Vicky says:

My sincerest condolences, I know how it feels as I’ve lost my dad two weeks ago.

Bitty says:

So so sorry to hear this, Bri:( Sending tons of love and hugs from Canada <3

Orsolya says:

I am so sorry for your loss, Bri. As one of your students in Monday’s class, I admire the composure and professionalism you showed in finishing the day, as incredibly hard as it must have been. You have been in my thoughts all week, and I am glad you were able to spend this time with your family.

Jamie says:

So so sorry to hear about your loss, and how beautiful your family is in coming together. Sending warm thoughts for peace and comfort your way!

Amanda says:

so sorry for your loss Bri. the hardest thing is usually not something we can prepare for..my heart is with you and your family. Hugs..

Julie says:

So sorry for your loss.

hi says:

So Sorry to hear

Hidie says:

So Sorry to hear

you’re a pro with a good heart. i love ya, girl. xoxo

Jules says:

So, so sorry for your loss, Bri. Sending you lots of positive and emotional healing vibes.

Jules of Canines & Couture

Lizzie D says:

I am so sorry. That was incredible of you to continue your workshop. Sending positive thoughts.

Susan says:

Bri, I’m so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my dad a year ago from cancer and understand the deep grief and sadness. Hoping and praying for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Bri,

My heart aches for you. So deeply sorry for your loss. xoxo

Jade Sheldon says:

Oh, I am so, so sorry. These events are never easy to comprehend. I’m happy that all of you could be together though in your mourning…

Brittany D says:

I’m so sorry Bri! God thoughts coming your way!

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, Bri. You are so strong, it’s inspirational.

So very sorry to hear about your loss. May your fond memories of the good times you shared together comfort you in this time of great sorrow.

Amy Hayes says:

Terrible news, so sorry about your loss. Reminds us that everyday could be anyone’s last, so make sure that it counts and that it is special. I hope you all are coping as best you can and looking to better times ahead.

Latrina says:

Oh my. My heart goes out to you and your family, Bri! The 1st of July marks the 10th anniversary of my mother’s passing. Losing a mother is one of the hardest moments in a child’s life. I do hope (even though I know) you are there for you little siblings. Togetherness is so important in this time!

Prayers coming your way!

Spring says:

So sorry to hear that! My heart goes out to you all and you should take your time to be with family! We love you!

I’m so sorry Bri. I’m sending courage to you and your family.

kirsten says:

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri

Ali Mackin says:

Oh my God Bri, I am so sorry to hear this. I had a good friend lose her mother a year ago and it is never easy.

So sorry to hear of your loss, my sincere condolences. My heart and thoughts go out to you, Bri, and your family. love, Maria

Katie says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, Bri. Your family will be in my heart. Much love. Xoxo.

bri says:

thank you all very much for your kind words. this week was really rough, but i am happy that my family could all be together during this time. lots of love, bri

Michelle says:

So sorry for your loss.

Britney says:

Sending you lost of love Bri. And hugs. And chocolate too.

Kerry says:

i’m so sorry for your loss! we are all thinking of you and i’ll keep you all in my prayers. xoxo

Camille says:

You were amazing last week teaching blogshop in the midst of tragedy. I’ve never seen anyone stay so strong.

anastasia says:

I am so sorry to hear of your families sad loss, what a beautiful lady…

molly alone says:

im sorry for your loss 🙁 sending you love from mi!

thinking of you and your special light in this world. Keep shining – sending love and prayers from Baltimore

sooki says:

so sorry to hear about your loss. may she rest in peace in God’s arms.

eve says:

im so sorry to hear of your loss. warmest wishes and thoughts to you and your family at this difficult time xx

Erin says:

Oh, Bri! I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    -Erin

This is really sad news, you are a strong lady Bri! Sending love and courage in your direction.

pretty pink tulips says:

I am so sorry for your loss, Bri. Thinking of you and your brothers at this difficult time. They are so young, I know they will look to you even more than they may have before.

To lose someone who was such an integral part of your life is heartbreaking. Take time to mourn and heal.

Love, Elizabeth

Claudia says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, Bri. All my positive energy headed your way.

katrin says:

I’m so sorry. All the best for you and your family, Bri.

rachel d says:

So sorry for your loss, i hope that this is a special time of remembering her for you and your family. Love and hugs!

Jayme says:

Oh Bri, I am so sorry to hear that. I’ve read your blog for a couple years now, and somehow you feel like a cool friend of mine. My heart hurts for your loss, and wish there was something I could do for you (from from here in TX). Prayers your way, and hope you find comfort in the sweet memories you shared.

Court says:

I’m so sad for you and your family, it’s never easy to lose someone. You’re in my thoughts!

Bernadette says:

Sending strength and love to you and your family from northern New Mexico.

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri. Sending lots of love your way. xo, melissa

Oh Bri, I’m so sorry to read this. Lots of love your way.

Marie says:

I’m really sorry for your loss, Bri. Take care, you and your little brothers.
    Love from France. ❤

mandy says:

What a beautiful woman she was, how heartbreaking that she had to leave you so soon. I pray that peace is with your family. It sure makes me want to hug mine tighter and show more gratitude for the people in my life. Also, I feel a bit insensitive now since when I saw your post on IG of being in AZ I invited you to my comedy club :/ I didn’t realize the circumstances for which you were visiting. Sorry dear. Much love.

Lauren S says:

I’m sorry for your loss, I hope you feel better soon. Always remember the good times.

Laura says:

sending you lots of love.