06.28.13

REST IN PEACE, LAURIE

1044024_10201561067771273_596997952_n

a few days ago i received a terrible phone call. one of those “call me, it’s an emergency” texts appeared on my phone from my dad while i was teaching blogshop. my mind starting spinning with terrible possibilities. i rush out of the room and call him to find out that my step-mom had passed away and that my little brother found her in her home in arizona. my heart sank and then began racing so fast it was hard to breathe. i was in the position where i have 25 students waiting in the other room. students who signed up for a good time. how was i going to put on a happy face? i made the decision to teach one day and miss the second so that i could be with my family all week. today was the viewing of her body and it was heartbreaking. my little brothers, only 17 and 22, stood there with me mourning the loss of their mother. memories of our childhood trips and summers together. we just held each other and promised we would always be there for each other. tonight we looked through hundreds of photos together, telling stories of happy times as a family. although her and my father were divorced a few years ago, she was always like a second mom to me my entire childhood. she was a wonderful person and left this world far too early. RIP laurie, we love you.

i’ll be back to work on monday, have a nice weekend everyone. -bri

• 1. Sophie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 1:28 am

Bri, my heart breaks for you. I know exactly how it feels to lose a loved one too soon. I will be praying for you and your family, and I hope you can find peace during this hard time. Sending lots of love.

• 2. Cathy G  |  June 28th, 2013 at 2:35 am

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hope the grief doesn’t hurt too much.

• 3. gracie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 2:35 am

So sorry to hear your sad news, it so hard to work and be normal in the face of sadness.

• 4. Sally  |  June 28th, 2013 at 2:37 am

So sorry to hear this, it’s awful to loose a parent so young. I hope you and your family are doing ok.

• 5. Anne  |  June 28th, 2013 at 3:51 am

There is no pain worse than that of losing a loved one and unfortunately there are not words that can make it go away. Goodluck in this tough time & stay strong ♥

• 6. Ally Ebdon  |  June 28th, 2013 at 4:15 am

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Look after your little brothers and let them look after you a little too. Lot of love your way. x

• 7. Maddy  |  June 28th, 2013 at 4:19 am

So sorry for your loss, Bri. Sending lots of love and light your way. ((HUGS))

• 8. UpGemini  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:15 am

Here is a hug from an Italian reader.

• 9. Pink Ronnie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:18 am

I am so sorry for your loss Bri…
    Take all the time to grieve.
    Huts,
    Ronnie xo

• 10. Drew  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:45 am

Bri, I am so, sooo sorry for your loss!
    I can’t imagine having to put on a happy face after that! I’m sure it was tough, but also know you probably kept that class going strong! I admire you for continuing the day after such devastation.
    Thinking of you and your family through this time!
    Big hugs!

• 11. lauren ashley  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:53 am

Thoughts are with your family.

• 12. sophie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:55 am

Such horrible news. Good to know you’ll be with your family. These are the times you can really support each other.
    x

• 13. Melanie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:04 am

I’m so sorry Bri. I can’t even imagine. Praying for your whole family.

• 14. Theresa  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:15 am

She is so beautiful. She will forever be your angel. You have a whole blog community giving you hugs in this time of need. You can never get time back, so take all that you need with your family. Hold your brother’s and your dad close now more than ever. I will be sending prayers.

XO
    Theresa

• 15. Astrid xo  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:20 am

Oh no! I hope you and your family are ok, and that this weekend is peaceful for you to remember her in. Deaths are never welcome and especially not to those close to you. You’ll be in my thoughts.
    Astrid

• 16. (made in)Faro  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:26 am

I’m so sorry :(
    My heart is with you…

Manon, from France

• 17. Brooke  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:38 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. My thoughts are with you and your fam!

• 18. Jennifer  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:44 am

Bri – I’m so very sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need to grieve. I’m keeping you in my thoughts.

• 19. Chelsea  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:49 am

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri. You’re in my prayers today… take time to cherish your family and rest!

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 20. Mailinh  |  June 28th, 2013 at 7:02 am

So sorry to hear about your loss, Bri. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• 21. Anne Marie Jackson Pattern Occurring  |  June 28th, 2013 at 7:11 am

Bri-
    My prayer for you in this shocking and sad time is that you will feel extra loved and be surrounded by wonderfully comforting people. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Warm regards
    Anne Marie

• 22. Sharon  |  June 28th, 2013 at 7:20 am

I’ve just started following you on Bloglovin. I am really sorry to hear of your great loss. You were very brave to continue your workshop in light of the circumstances. My prayers are with you and your family. Sharon

• 23. Carissa  |  June 28th, 2013 at 7:43 am

I’m sending all my love your way.

• 24. Stefanie // Life on the Squares  |  June 28th, 2013 at 8:13 am

so sorry to hear about your loss, Bri. you & your family are in my thoughts.

XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

• 25. Becky  |  June 28th, 2013 at 8:22 am

Bri,

I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of prayers and hugs sent your way.

Hugs,
    B.

• 26. Andrea  |  June 28th, 2013 at 8:24 am

Hugs from a fan

• 27. Kristen  |  June 28th, 2013 at 8:31 am

So sorry to hear about your loss! I can not imagine what you and your family are going through. Hugs and prayers.

• 28. Alexandra Pettinato  |  June 28th, 2013 at 9:05 am

So sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong. Lots of love to you and your family.

• 29. Tiffany  |  June 28th, 2013 at 9:21 am

So sorry for your loss, Bri. Sending love and prayers for your family.

• 30. Melissa  |  June 28th, 2013 at 9:32 am

My thoughts and heart are with you, sunshine
    big hug xoxo

• 31. Krysta  |  June 28th, 2013 at 9:39 am

I am so sorry for your loss Bri. Lots of love to you and your family!

• 32. Grace  |  June 28th, 2013 at 9:40 am

I am so sorry to hear that. :( Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• 33. Adonna  |  June 28th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Condolence to you and your family. Prayers for her. <3

• 34. Chelsea  |  June 28th, 2013 at 10:50 am

How awful. Sorry for your loss, Bri.

• 35. Caroline  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:07 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• 36. azuree wiitala  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:21 am

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri. My brother passed away nearly 9 years ago and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with in my life. Being the eternal optimist that I am, when I think of how I lost Charlee it puts a lot of things in perspective. It has definitely made me appreciate the people in my life more and help me focus on what really matters and for me that’s relationships and people. Work can always wait!

You and your family are in my thoughts!
    XO
    azuree

• 37. Mommy Dearest  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:40 am

I’ve been praying for you and the boys to make it through yesterday’s viewing and today’s memorial service. Love that you paid tribute to her on here. As I’ve told many people, not many women can say that they like the person their ex marries, but I always liked her and appreciated the care she gave you. She was beautiful and kind. Stay strong, my darling daughter. XOXO

• 38. Yvonne  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:40 am

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know it’s tempting to jump right back to work, but take some time to take really good care of yourself and mourn if you need to. You and your family are in my thoughts.

• 39. Sandi  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:46 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. Take the time to heal and mourn with your family.

• 40. Hanna (excelsior lady)  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:52 am

I lost a friend on Monday due to cancer. She was 25. It’s a rough week Bri, but it will get better :) Thanks for being a strong lady even when you get an unfortunate surprise!

• 41. samantha hahn  |  June 28th, 2013 at 11:57 am

so so sorry for your loss Bri.

• 42. Vicky  |  June 28th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

My sincerest condolences, I know how it feels as I’ve lost my dad two weeks ago.

• 43. Bitty  |  June 28th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

So so sorry to hear this, Bri:( Sending tons of love and hugs from Canada <3

• 44. Orsolya  |  June 28th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Bri. As one of your students in Monday’s class, I admire the composure and professionalism you showed in finishing the day, as incredibly hard as it must have been. You have been in my thoughts all week, and I am glad you were able to spend this time with your family.

• 45. Jamie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

So so sorry to hear about your loss, and how beautiful your family is in coming together. Sending warm thoughts for peace and comfort your way!

• 46. Amanda  |  June 28th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

so sorry for your loss Bri. the hardest thing is usually not something we can prepare for..my heart is with you and your family. Hugs..

• 47. Julie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

So sorry for your loss.

• 48. hi  |  June 28th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

So Sorry to hear

• 49. Hidie  |  June 28th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

So Sorry to hear

• 50. Victoria Smith  |  June 28th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

you’re a pro with a good heart. i love ya, girl. xoxo

• 51. Jules  |  June 28th, 2013 at 2:39 pm

So, so sorry for your loss, Bri. Sending you lots of positive and emotional healing vibes.

Jules of Canines & Couture

• 52. Lizzie D  |  June 28th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I am so sorry. That was incredible of you to continue your workshop. Sending positive thoughts.

• 53. Susan  |  June 28th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Bri, I’m so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my dad a year ago from cancer and understand the deep grief and sadness. Hoping and praying for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

• 54. Heather Paulding  |  June 28th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Bri,

My heart aches for you. So deeply sorry for your loss. xoxo

• 55. Jade Sheldon  |  June 28th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Oh, I am so, so sorry. These events are never easy to comprehend. I’m happy that all of you could be together though in your mourning…

• 56. Brittany D  |  June 28th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I’m so sorry Bri! God thoughts coming your way!

• 57. Victoria | Oh So Pretty  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:54 pm

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, Bri. You are so strong, it’s inspirational.

• 58. Violette Libelle  |  June 28th, 2013 at 5:57 pm

So very sorry to hear about your loss. May your fond memories of the good times you shared together comfort you in this time of great sorrow.

• 59. Amy Hayes  |  June 28th, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Terrible news, so sorry about your loss. Reminds us that everyday could be anyone’s last, so make sure that it counts and that it is special. I hope you all are coping as best you can and looking to better times ahead.

• 60. Latrina  |  June 28th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Oh my. My heart goes out to you and your family, Bri! The 1st of July marks the 10th anniversary of my mother’s passing. Losing a mother is one of the hardest moments in a child’s life. I do hope (even though I know) you are there for you little siblings. Togetherness is so important in this time!

Prayers coming your way!

• 61. Spring  |  June 28th, 2013 at 9:58 pm

So sorry to hear that! My heart goes out to you all and you should take your time to be with family! We love you!

• 62. stephanie @BabaSouk  |  June 29th, 2013 at 7:23 am

I’m so sorry Bri. I’m sending courage to you and your family.

• 63. kirsten  |  June 29th, 2013 at 8:48 am

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri

• 64. Ali Mackin  |  June 29th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Oh my God Bri, I am so sorry to hear this. I had a good friend lose her mother a year ago and it is never easy.

• 65. gg  |  June 29th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

*hugs*.

• 66. maria | livligonline  |  June 29th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss, my sincere condolences. My heart and thoughts go out to you, Bri, and your family. love, Maria

• 67. Katie  |  June 29th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss, Bri. Your family will be in my heart. Much love. Xoxo.

• 68. bri  |  June 29th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

thank you all very much for your kind words. this week was really rough, but i am happy that my family could all be together during this time. lots of love, bri

• 69. Michelle  |  June 29th, 2013 at 8:28 pm

So sorry for your loss.

• 70. Britney  |  June 29th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Sending you lost of love Bri. And hugs. And chocolate too.

• 71. Kerry  |  June 29th, 2013 at 9:25 pm

i’m so sorry for your loss! we are all thinking of you and i’ll keep you all in my prayers. xoxo

• 72. Camille  |  June 29th, 2013 at 11:21 pm

You were amazing last week teaching blogshop in the midst of tragedy. I’ve never seen anyone stay so strong.

• 73. anastasia  |  June 30th, 2013 at 4:05 am

I am so sorry to hear of your families sad loss, what a beautiful lady…

• 74. molly alone  |  June 30th, 2013 at 7:39 am

im sorry for your loss :( sending you love from mi!

• 75. charlotte | the vintage vogue  |  June 30th, 2013 at 7:44 am

thinking of you and your special light in this world. Keep shining – sending love and prayers from Baltimore

• 76. sooki  |  June 30th, 2013 at 8:59 am

so sorry to hear about your loss. may she rest in peace in God’s arms.

• 77. eve  |  June 30th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

im so sorry to hear of your loss. warmest wishes and thoughts to you and your family at this difficult time xx

• 78. Erin  |  June 30th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Oh, Bri! I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    -Erin

• 79. Megan Isabella  |  June 30th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

This is really sad news, you are a strong lady Bri! Sending love and courage in your direction.

• 80. pretty pink tulips  |  June 30th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Bri. Thinking of you and your brothers at this difficult time. They are so young, I know they will look to you even more than they may have before.

To lose someone who was such an integral part of your life is heartbreaking. Take time to mourn and heal.

Love, Elizabeth

• 81. Claudia  |  June 30th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss, Bri. All my positive energy headed your way.

• 82. katrin  |  July 1st, 2013 at 12:22 am

I’m so sorry. All the best for you and your family, Bri.

• 83. rachel d  |  July 1st, 2013 at 6:47 am

So sorry for your loss, i hope that this is a special time of remembering her for you and your family. Love and hugs!

• 84. Jayme  |  July 1st, 2013 at 9:03 am

Oh Bri, I am so sorry to hear that. I’ve read your blog for a couple years now, and somehow you feel like a cool friend of mine. My heart hurts for your loss, and wish there was something I could do for you (from from here in TX). Prayers your way, and hope you find comfort in the sweet memories you shared.

• 85. Court  |  July 1st, 2013 at 9:19 am

I’m so sad for you and your family, it’s never easy to lose someone. You’re in my thoughts!

• 86. Bernadette  |  July 1st, 2013 at 9:21 am

Sending strength and love to you and your family from northern New Mexico.

• 87. Melissa @ Bubby & Bean  |  July 1st, 2013 at 10:56 am

I’m so sorry for your loss Bri. Sending lots of love your way. xo, melissa

• 88. Danie at Pasadya  |  July 1st, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Oh Bri, I’m so sorry to read this. Lots of love your way.

• 89. Marie  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 6:29 am

I’m really sorry for your loss, Bri. Take care, you and your little brothers.
    Love from France. ❤

• 90. mandy  |  July 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 pm

What a beautiful woman she was, how heartbreaking that she had to leave you so soon. I pray that peace is with your family. It sure makes me want to hug mine tighter and show more gratitude for the people in my life. Also, I feel a bit insensitive now since when I saw your post on IG of being in AZ I invited you to my comedy club :/ I didn’t realize the circumstances for which you were visiting. Sorry dear. Much love.

• 91. Lauren S  |  July 9th, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I’m sorry for your loss, I hope you feel better soon. Always remember the good times.

• 92. HAPPY 4TH, FRIENDS | D E &hellip  |  August 2nd, 2013 at 6:53 am

[…] of looking forward to just hanging out alone most of the weekend. i had such a hard week with the death of my stepmom and all the emotions surrounding that and then finding out yesterday about a lump in one of my […]

• 93. Laura  |  August 14th, 2013 at 9:02 pm

sending you lots of love.

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg