06.24.13

BEST PALM SPRINGS HOTEL?

could this be my new favorite palm springs hotel? and that’s saying a lot because i am a HUGE parker fan (see here) my two best gal pals and i were driving back from ojai and decided to just keep driving through to palm springs. we had heard about this hotel called korakia pensione and were dying to see it in person. we had one of those what the hell, let’s do it moments and ended up there in a few hours. just for the night.

the korakia pensione is a historic villa bed & breakfast. and it did NOT disappoint. we chose to stay in the orchard house (hey you only live once) and it literally felt like we were transported to the mediterranean. the vibe there is super laid-back (no kids allowed)…it would be great for a getaway with your sweetheart.

KEEP READING FOR THE FULL POST…

they don’t have a liquor license and only serve breakfast, so stock up at the local grocery store before you check-in. they have a kitchen in the room with great hand painted dishes to use. we picked up hummus, olives, flatbreads and margaritas and enjoyed them on the patio…

my favorite part was all of the white buildings and special window details…very up my alley. at night you can sit on this pillow pit near the pool and they project old movies. talk about charm city.

image-Exposure

we lounged in the pool for hours that day…dreaming up creative projects. i have never been in a more relaxing pool than that one. but beware, the chlorine turned my hair totally green! yep, that’s real. but i was kind of into it, so i kept it for a week or so and got it out with some swimmer’s shampoo eventually…

4079605ad3d811e2954322000ae80d8d_7

we are calling this volume 1 of our creative travels together as a trio. hopefully there are many many more. and seriously guys, GO TO THIS HOTEL. it’s unbelievable.

all photos by designlovefest, see more travel posts here!

Katryna says:

Wow…it looks so dreamy. What an amazing mini getaway

Bettina says:

This is such a different look and feel for a palm springs hotel. I’m so used to the parker or the viceroy, like the charm and appeal of this place. Glad you had such a lovely stay!

Zajack says:

Ojai to Palm Springs! One of my favorite Cali towns to another. Love the way you and your ladies roll! I’ve always wanted to stay at korakia and now you’ve officially inspired me to stay there next time in PS. I am newly engaged and was dreaming about having our wedding there. Sadly when I was reading through their wedding packet – they don’t allow amplified music there (no DJs or band)….wedding dance party is mandatory to me!

Lynne says:

Bri, I remember one time you mentioned you’d love to be a travel writer some day. I think you should have a travel TV show! I love it when you do these travel pieces on your blog for now though!

Celi-Doll says:

Was at Korakia last May for a wedding; it was absolutely beautiful! Bride and groom stayed in the Orchard house and the guests stayed through out the B&B as well. So fun and perfect! xo

Dominika says:

I love that mediterranean look, reminds me small hotels from cadaques or cadiz cost…Beautiful!

Becky B says:

That very first photo is a stunner. What a fun summer getaway!

Trisha says:

Okay, this place looks crazy amazing. Now bookmarked on yelp! Also, totally swooning over that last photo with Frida.

Cristina says:

Your hair really got that green?? Never seen anything like that. I kind of dig it.

This place looks amazing. I’m dying to visit Palm Springs. Might have to stay in a different place every night.

Kim-Tram says:

this is like desert paradise photoshoot location! So many awesome artistic designs! love love love 🙂 As always, your photos are so inspiring 😀

kim-tram
    kim-tram.tumblr.com

kayleigh says:

If only there were places like this in Manhattan. Gorgeous

Alex says:

Haha oh hey Frida! And whoa to the chlorine. Green’s all good and fun, but s**t I’m scared of chlorine now…

Jamie says:

Thanks for this! We usually stay at the Ace which I love but I’m always looking for something new and this place is adorable!

xo,
    Jamie

Wow that looks incredible! Never been to Palm Springs, but I totally want to go now. I live in New York, and the climate / nature could not be more different!

Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

Sarah says:

NOTED – will immediately look into plain tickets. Australia to Palm Springs isn’t a huge flight right?

Kendall says:

thank you for this post.. i have contacted them about a possible donation for my daughter school auction!!

Sally says:

this place looks so amazing, and dreamy – but then your photos are super beautiful!

Great place. I am travel loving person . I traveled approx all famous place. I am a person like a stroller. I search new places to visit there. World is so beautiful like love. Avail the beauty of nature.

canada post says:

Not only did they NOT HAVE MY @#$%ING PACKAGE, nevertheless the selection inside store sucked.

Pingback: car title loans
    Pingback: o canada

Nice respond in return of this query with genuine arguments
    and explaining the whole thing regarding that.

This in essence means in the event that one is waived for having
    numerous great software packages wait around for several hours (safe) and also reapply, you certainly will be approved.

If so, your credits will need to be transferable or all your completed classes will likely be considered null and void by any future school counselors.

Feel free to surf to my blog :: top online colleges

All income protection the relevant parties in Washington, which is beneficial in
    controlling the level of retirement benefits
    you’ve accumulated. Further, there is a Melee at the Salad Bar from someone else.
    You could even compose a poem to make your post retirement financial issues at your ease.

Hi! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I had to ask.
    Does managing a well-established website such as yours require a
    massive amount work? I’m completely new to operating a blog however I do
    write in my diary everyday. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my
    own experience and views online. Please let me
    know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog
    owners. Thankyou!

Look at my site … Emergency AC Repair Palm Springs CA}

Your style is very unique in comparison to other people
    I have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity,
    Guess I will just book mark this web site.

This effective icon editor has suddenly resurfaced, however, with a major
    new mode number, Ico – FX 2. So just think about those points and weigh them mentally.
    At the very same time, it is crucial to notice that every single of them delivers a handful of exclusive features that you
    may possibly or may possibly nnot require.

There’s definately a lot to know about this issue.
    I like all of the points you made.

cash loans says:

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Amy Spackman says:

My husband and I come here for special occasions. Its been the background on our phones and computers since our first visit years ago.

kmucutie freshwater & saltwater fishing lures, soft baits, hard baits,
    buzzbaits, lure kits marlin lures

Anonymous says: