MAKE IT / 34
it’s been a little dull and rainy here in LA lately (which i love), and i’ve been seeing lots of umbrellas around. i think they are one seriously underrated accessory. today we thought it’d be fun to show you how to make a stylish one of your own using wax paper, some tape, and a little paint…
what you’ll need:
CONTINUE READING FOR FULL DIY INSTRUCTIONS…
how to make it:
• tape a section of blue tape on wax paper.
• punch or cut a hole in the wax paper to create a circular stencil.
• pull tape off of wax paper and transfer onto umbrella in desired place and smooth down.
• paint stencil. we recommend applying two coats.
• let dry completely, then peel off tape. voila!
we used slightly larger dots for the black umbrella and just painted the inside so that the polka dots had more of a fun reveal when opened. the little pink heart we just painted by hand…it doesn’t have to be perfect!
something that is perfect…that bunch of poms on tara’s jacket!