EAT HERE / SILVER LAKE PT. 2
i posted about a few of the silver lake (my neighborhood in LA) restaurants that i love in this post. but there’s more! make sure to check out some of my favorite spots on this map below if you are ever in the area (especially brunch at canele, coffee at proof bakery & oysters at L&E oyster bar!)
1. red lion tavern – this is a kitchy german bar. we like sitting out on the patio upstairs for mug beers & potato pancakes!
3. gingergrass – one of my favorite vietnamese lunch spots (great dinner too.) i really love the wok tossed noodles with baked tofu, although i’ve eaten that about 200 times, so i am a little over it. the pork noodle bowl is my new fave. honestly, it’s hard to go wrong here if you like vietnamese food.
4. blair’s – dark & intimate. stop by for donuts and toffee sauce with your sweetheart.
5. broome st. general store – i stop by for lunch & coffee frequently. and wandering around the shop is always entertaining as well (amazing selection of products!) the food selection isn’t huge but i always like getting the caprese sandwich and sitting out on their gorgeous patio.
6. edendale – i go on a lot of girl dates here. moscow mules. shared plates (short ribs salad, little fried chicken buns, seared ahi with soba noodles!). bistro lights. head to the photo booth on the back patio after a few drinks.
7. viet noodle bar – large community tables, affordable and laid back. get the fish with tumeric rice (so good!) or the organic chicken bahn mi sandwich. and always the jicama fresh rolls! got it?
8. canelé – definitely ranks HIGH on my favorite brunch list in LA. it’s only open for brunch on the weekends and we always go RIGHT at 10am when they open because the place fills up quick. farro, bacon & a poached egg on top with sriracha every time for me. but if you have a sweet tooth, the french toast apparently makes dreams come true.
9. proof bakery – this place got found out for sure! it seems like everyone and their mom goes to proof now…but for good reason. the coffee is top notch and the pastries are absolutely delicious. the marble countertops, charcoal walls & bright light…it’s the perfect afternoon break.
10. speranza – PASTA PASTA PASTA! a romatic spot surrounded by trees. sit outside (they give you blankets on your chairs), drink wine and enjoy the linguini with clams or classic spaghetti. a very special spot.
11. hyperion public – stop in here for pub food on a rainy afternoon…it’s for a mac ‘n cheese & french fries kind of day.
12. tomato pie – this little retro spot has wonderful thin crust pizza by the slice. fresh, unique toppings. i love the syracuse (chicken & hot sauce) and they also have a ton of great vegetarian options. they deliver but it’s way better to go in for the out of the oven slices.
13. LA mill – definitely not your average coffee shop…this place is a treat. brass chandeliers, teal crocodile chairs & incredible doughnuts. order a salted carmel latte and get your wifi on. the eggs benedict has never done me wrong either.
14. L&E oyster bar – you must go here! and get the oysters, obviously. they give you free hushpuppies with honey & salt to start, need i say more?! (but if i was going to say more, i’d say to get the mussels on chorizo toast & to go upstairs to the bar for the salmon.)