something i have been very curious about lately is the art of mixology. when the creative council asked me what one of my dream projects would be, i said hosting a backyard mixology party! i’m just like my mother, throwing a good party is one of my greatest joys (even if it’s just a few friends.)
SO! since i am going down the road of talking in my videos now, i asked talmadge from pharmacie to show us how to make two of the drinks that we will be serving at the party we’re hosting (it’s tonight!) seriously, if you are having an event you gotta hire him to come make cocktails…he makes every party fun & delicious!
learn how to make 1 vodka drink + 1 gin drink (which i admit in the video i have no idea how to do!) watch here …thanks modshift for the video!
click below for recipes & more!
THE FLEUR DE LIS
• 1 oz vodka
• 1/2 oz dry vermouth
• 1/2 oz white sweet vermouth
• 1/2 creme de violette
• 2 dash lemon bitters (Bitter Truth brand)
• lemon peel
• splash of lemon juice
how to make it…
• Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake (or stir) for about 10 seconds.
• Strain into a cocktail glass. Add bitters.
• To express the lemon oils: Using a peeler to make a lemon peel.
• Hold the lemon pith side up and peel side over the glass, squeeze gently as you move the peel over the glass, then drop into the drink.
FRESH HOT BREEZE OF SUMMER
• 1 oz gin
• 3/4 oz hot and spicy syrup
• 1/2 fresh lemon juice
• 2-3 drops Absinthe
how to make it…
• Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
• Strain into a cocktail glass. Add Absinthe drops. Garnish with a dried arbol pepper.
*How to make the hot and spicy syrup:
• Start with simple syrup (1 cup water, 3/4 cups sugar – heat until sugar dissolves, then let cool).
• Slice 2 jalapeños and 2 chili (or arbol) peppers.
• Add sliced peppers, seeds and all, and a really tiny pinch of salt to the simple syrup immediately after removing from heat.
• Let cool and steep overnight.
• Strain peppers.
so what do you think? do you think you’ll give one of these drink recipes a shot? stay tuned for how we put together the actual event soon! -bri