05.14.13

COCKTAIL VIDEO!

photo

something i have been very curious about lately is the art of mixology. when the creative council asked me what one of my dream projects would be, i said hosting a backyard mixology party! i’m just like my mother, throwing a good party is one of my greatest joys (even if it’s just a few friends.)

SO! since i am going down the road of talking in my videos now, i asked talmadge from pharmacie to show us how to make two of the drinks that we will be serving at the party we’re hosting (it’s tonight!) seriously, if you are having an event you gotta hire him to come make cocktails…he makes every party fun & delicious!

learn how to make 1 vodka drink + 1 gin drink (which i admit in the video i have no idea how to do!) watch here …thanks modshift for the video!

click below for recipes & more!

THE FLEUR DE LIS

the ingredients…

• 1 oz vodka

• 1/2 oz dry vermouth

• 1/2 oz white sweet vermouth

• 1/2 creme de violette

• 2 dash lemon bitters (Bitter Truth brand)

• lemon peel

• splash of lemon juice

how to make it…

• Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake (or stir) for about 10 seconds.

• Strain into a cocktail glass. Add bitters.

• To express the lemon oils: Using a peeler to make a lemon peel.

• Hold the lemon pith side up and peel side over the glass, squeeze gently as you move the peel over the glass, then drop into the drink.

line

FRESH HOT BREEZE OF SUMMER

the ingredients…

• 1 oz gin

• 3/4 oz hot and spicy syrup

• 1/2 fresh lemon juice

• 2-3 drops Absinthe

how to make it…

• Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.

• Strain into a cocktail glass.  Add Absinthe drops. Garnish with a dried arbol pepper.

*How to make the hot and spicy syrup:

• Start with simple syrup (1 cup water, 3/4 cups sugar – heat until sugar dissolves, then let cool).

• Slice 2 jalapeños and 2 chili (or arbol) peppers.

• Add sliced peppers, seeds and all, and a really tiny pinch of salt to the simple syrup immediately after removing from heat.

• Let cool and steep overnight.

• Strain peppers.

line

so what do you think? do you think you’ll give one of these drink recipes a shot? stay tuned for how we put together the actual event soon! -bri

video by: modshift
drinks by: pharmacie

cocktail glasses by: casa de perrin
makeup by: kelly shew
top photo by: designlovefest

this post is a collaboration with the creative council by UGG Australia.

• 1. Tiffany Reed  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Oh, that violet and lemon one looks divine! I want it!

• 2. Chelsea  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:05 am

You’re so cute on video Bri and both drinks look delicious! Can’t wait to see how your party turns out.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 3. bri  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:06 am

thanks chelsea! hope the party is a hit. and tiffany…that drink really does feel like you are sipping in a garden. so good!

• 4. Brooke  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:19 am

Great video! I am so excited to try the “Fresh Hot Breeze of Summer”! I love gin, and I love spice! My boyfriend would enjoy it too. Thanks for sharing these cocktails—I can’t wait to make them myself!

• 5. Kelley Burrus  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:26 am

Love. I would NOT be opposed to having him and his mixological bounty as a regular guest. Wondering what he would do with St. Germain…..

• 6. Ludmilla  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:36 am

Unfortunately I’ve never had a bad experience with gin. Watch out when making martinis, shaking bruises the gin:)
    Lovely cocktails, thanks.

• 7. Maggie Jones  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:38 am

How fun!
    Love the video, and the drinks look so gorgeous!

• 8. Danette  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:43 am

You are so flippin’ adorable, I can’t get enough.
    I love the drink video-would love to hear his secret recipes for the syrups….that chili syrup sounds amazing.

More please.

• 9. Jackie B.  |  May 14th, 2013 at 10:19 am

The cocktails sound delicious and like you, I can’t wait to have an excuse to entertain and serve a signature drink. Love the mix match of glasses too! -jb.

• 10. erin @WELLinLA  |  May 14th, 2013 at 11:18 am

You look amazing in front of the camera / hosting the video! More :) (and ready for a drink!)

• 11. Emily  |  May 14th, 2013 at 11:29 am

Who doesn’t like a cocktail with a lot of emotion ;) a lot of gooood emotion that is. Such a cute video – you make everything so fun Bri!

• 12. Victoria Smith  |  May 14th, 2013 at 11:38 am

so awesome bri! little offended no pimms. hahaha. xoxo

• 13. Jessica  |  May 14th, 2013 at 11:44 am

This is great. I never try anything new so this gives me inspiration to whip something up!

• 14. Amanda Marie  |  May 14th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

House parties are literally my favorite. Such a fun thing to incorporate with these snazzy drinks!

• 15. Jo El  |  May 14th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I am going to try the FRESH HOT BREEZE OF SUMMER when I get home! I have a bag of Jalapenos! Perfect!

• 16. Elizabeth  |  May 14th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Love this video Bree! I would have to go with the Vodka drink served in anyone of your pretty glasses!

• 17. KAIT  |  May 14th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

You are so cute! I love this post – my boyfriend and I will definitely keep these recipes in mind the next time we make ourselves cocktails

• 18. Sam  |  May 14th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Love the video!! I can’t wait to try out your recipes.

• 19. Jamie Schoen  |  May 14th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Woah! It’s so cool to hear your voice after following the blog for so long. Hearing you speak makes you even cooler than you seemed (if that’s possible:)

• 20. Catherine  |  May 14th, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Oooh that Violet cocktail looks so pretty! i must get some creme de violette. And your dress is fantastic! so op-art!

• 21. Amanda  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:14 pm

these drinks look so yum! hopefully the weather here in northeast can be as gorgeous as in LA and we can start making some :)

• 22. joy  |  May 14th, 2013 at 9:45 pm

love it friend! i love hearing your voice!

• 23. Mackenzie Dunn  |  May 14th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

SO COOL! Oh my goodness, I’ll have to try this. You’re also making me wish I had a backyard to throw a party in! Can’t wait for the pictures!

• 24. Clair Summer  |  May 15th, 2013 at 4:23 am

Hey Bri, I love your videos, so much fun! Please can you tell us more about your make-up sometime? I love the lipstick you are wearing in this film and want to own it! You do loads of really cute looks with your make-up and seem to like to mix it up a bit and create different modern styles. I look at loads of beauty blogs but your make-up is always the best! xx

• 25. Megan  |  May 15th, 2013 at 7:29 am

Lovely video! Would you mind sharing the background music info? Makes me want to hit the beach with a cocktail! So lovely.

• 26. Jamie  |  May 15th, 2013 at 7:56 am

you’re the cutest.

• 27. Amanda  |  May 15th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Sounds delicious!

Check our our recipe for a Strawberry (Raspberry) Bellini! It would go well with the summery drinks :)

• 28. yvonne  |  May 15th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Loved the video! Can’t wait to see the follow up on the party! Sounds fun!

• 29. decor8 holly  |  May 15th, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Bri this was a great video and your hunky mixer friend was lovely too! I really love seeing you speak in your videos, it makes them feel so much more personal. I hope you eventually have your own regular web show about parties and fashion because that’s really your thing – you have such an eye for event planning and dressing up – a unique perspective! I can’t wait to see more talky vids from you – very inspiring! I’m too scared to do video nevermind speak on them, but maybe someday I’ll try it out – I give you a huge high five for courage… I know it’s hard to do something new but you totally rocked this!

• 30. Kelly (Let's Die Friends)  |  May 16th, 2013 at 7:49 am

Love! These cocktails look amazing, and uhhh… more Talmadge on DesignLoveFest, please. KnowhatI’msayin?

• 31. Margaret  |  May 17th, 2013 at 11:58 am

bri, i have to say i’ve always thought you were super cute and this video is no exception. your voice is ridiculously adorable too. keep up the good work =)

• 32. Friday Favourites: May 24&hellip  |  May 24th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

[...] all over the place, and am now on a mission to buy myself some pretty coup glasses, and host a backyard mixology party like Bri Emery from [...]

• 33. Bianca  |  June 9th, 2013 at 9:48 am

OMG! is 4 years now since i start following your blog.i was in 11th grade then,i have to say that you really inspired me since day one! is because of your blog that i choose working in advertising! BTW ,this is the first time i hear your voice and it is sooo damn cute!!
    kisses from Cluj,Romania!

• 34. Black Jack Launches Secre&hellip  |  July 31st, 2013 at 1:21 am

[...] Read more… [...]

• 35. MIXOLOGY EVENT | D E S I &hellip  |  August 1st, 2013 at 10:06 am

[...] week i posted this creative council video showing how to mix two delicious summer-inspired cocktails, and now i’m so excited to share [...]

• 36. Yvonne Cornell  |  February 5th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

This is the second presentation I’ve seen you in and YOU are a natural. I see TV in your future! And please, please tell me where you got your dress and that maybe I can still buy one because ORANGE is my favorite happy color and I LOVE your dress. Cheers Bri :) P.S. I watched this video twice for another happy injection.

FUN PILLOWS…