CHERRY POMEGRANATE GRANITA RECIPE
This is a great summer option for those hot days coming soon. The nice thing about it, is it’s made completely from fresh fruits and natural juices, none of that fake sugar and food coloring. It’s full of great nutrients like vitamin A, B, C, and E, all of which are needed in our daily diet. So why not enjoy these essential nutrients as a refreshing frozen treat. –Leslie
**You can really use any juice and fruit pairing that works for your flavor palate. Some options could be mango-pineapple, blackberry-port wine, blood orange, or strawberry-lemon. And the simple syrup can be adjusted as well. Use it plain, or try different flavored teas, fresh herbs, or vanilla bean. The possibilities are endless. Lastly, this can be served as a granita (think shaved ice) or as a silky, smooth sorbet. Both are delicious!
Cherry-Pomegranate Lime Granita with Green Tea & Mint Simple Syrup
• 1 cup water
• 10 springs of mint
• 4 bags of green tea
• 1 cup sugar
• zest 1 lime
• 2 tspn fresh lime juice
• 4 cups pomegranate-cherry juice
• 1 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
how to prepare:
• In a quart saucepan, bring water to desired steeping temperature (green tea = simmering, black tea = boiling). Turn off heat.
• Add 4 springs of mint and tea bags, steep for desired time (green tea = 2-3min, black tea = 4-5min).
• Remove mint and tea bags.
• Bring liquid to rapid boil. Stir in sugar until dissolved completely. Remove from heat. Place remaining mint in simple syrup liquid. Steep 5 min.
• Add lime zest, let liquid cool completely.
• Whisk in lime juice and pomegranate-cherry juice. Add pomegranate seeds.
• Pour liquid into shallow freezer safe dish (metal works best). Freeze 1 hour or until just frozen. Remove from freezer and stir with fork to break it up. Return to freezer. Repeat forking every 1/2 hour until completely frozen and flaky. (Sorbet option: remove from freezer after 2 hours, transfer into blender, blend until silky, smooth. Return to freezer to harden, or eat immediately.)
so what do you think, will you be giving this one a shot?