MAKE IT / 32
cords are one of my biggest pet peeves. we have to bring tons of power cords to run all over the ground when we teach blogshop and they definitely aren’t good looking. it’s hard when you put so much effort into the looks of an event and then the cords come in and mess with it. in our office, there’s cords all over the place too, so we figured we would make them at least look a little better if they have to show…and what’s so great about this project is that it’s VERY simple and you can customize them to match any room!
CONTINUE READING by clicking below…
what you’ll need:
• washi tape
• cut pieces of tape 1.5 inches long.
• wrap washi tape around cord in irregular increments, we overlapped our tape in some places and next to each other in others.
make the cord organizer:
• create and cut a paper template. we made 3 sizes, 1×5, 1×6 and 1×7 inches.
• trace template on backside of leather and cut out.
• measure 1.5 inches from the ends and mark with a pen, this is where you will sew the snap.
• if you want you can cover the stitching with a flat back embellishment (we found ours at michael’s) and glue on, you could also use a small button or if you have access to a snap setter you can use that as well.
what do ya say? are you going to try this one out for yourself?
and stay tuned for our office makeover post very soon!