02.04.13

VALENTINE FLORAL GUIDE FOR GUYS!

so it’s always very sweet when a guy brings you flowers. but let’s be real here, isn’t it better when you actually LOVE the flowers he gave you? guys need a little guidance every now and then, right? i told arian i loved peonies when we were at the farmer’s market one weekend and when i asked him a few months later if he knew what my favorite flower was he replied… “paninis?” very funny and quite endearing.

kristin and i put together a guide for guys to reference when they are out buying their lovely lady flowers for valentine’s day. here are flowers (and i won’t speak for all of you ladies) that almost all women love…

“I say let the seasons pick your flowers! I particularly love using seasonal blooms for occasions like holidays or weddings. If on February 14th you give your Valentine a posy of ranunculus, narcissus, and anemones, those blossoms will hold a sort of yearly romance. Every year when the season comes again the original sentiment will be there with the flowers.”

i really love the bouquet she put together! i would be quite thrilled if arian handed me these on a date -valentine’s day or not!

moon canyon florals is doing a valentine’s day pop-up starting feb 11th. she will be selling bouquets and arrangements in the shop and for order. you can pre-order flowers for pick up or delivery starting NOW! contact kristin for more information at kristen{at}mooncanyondesign.com. (hear that, boys?)

florals by: moon canyon design co.
art direction by: designlovefest
photos by: kimberly genevieve

ooohhh! I hope my guy will follow your post as well 🙂

Love the idea of using seasonal flowers so that every time the season comes around again, you have a sort of sentimental attachment to the blooms!

Also, I love the panini story! I’m pretty sure I’d be just as delighted by a bouquet of sandwiches as I would be about flowers.

Leigh says:

Oh boy! These are too pretty! Definitely a no-fail guide!

Megan says:

I just love fresh flowers. Hoping my boy picks up on my many *hints* this Valentines. : )

Xo.Megan

This is awesome. Have to share!

Vicki Archer says:

These flowers are stunning, and I completely love that little pink box that says ‘make her happy’ on it…such a sweet idea… xv

Oh man, you nailed it! Love ALL these! What a gorgeous bouquet!

Kenzie Lee says:

Beautiful and sure to make any girl smile!

X Kenzie

Whenever I try to explain that I only like a few types of flowers, my guy gets all turned around. This is the perfect graphic to help him out. I already sent it along with the subject line, “This is NOT a hint! File for future reference.” 🙂 We won’t be home for Valentine’s Day anyway, but maybe it’ll help for future “just because” bouquets. Thanks for this! xo

Kory says:

Haha, that’s so funny what your guy said. I think this is great for guys, especially at this time of year. I feel like most guys just pick roses for their ladies instead of figuring out what the favorite flower is and getting that..

Jen says:

I love how beautiful this post is Bri, but maybe I’m a weird girl or something, since I absolutely hate the idea of flowers. I guess I get all sentimental and sad when they die because I love them so much haha. Plus it sucks when you find out your guy spent $100 on roses or whatever crazy amount & it just wilts before your eyes… Esp. since I’m not a fan of waste money. My other suggestion for weird girls like me is asking your guy to get a potted plant or potted flowers so they can continue growing & giving you enjoyment for months or years to come. I asked for a beautiful pot of succulents or cactus, since I’m a college student. They never die, just like the love I want them to represent. <3

Chick Tyler says:

I passed this along to that boy of mine. 😉 Great/pretty post!

Sarah says:

Gorgeous. Peonies and Ranunculus were the stars of the show in my wedding day florals. I bet your studio smelled amazing the day of this shoot!

Phoebe says:

Hahaha, paninis. Like the sandwiches? haha

BTW, I am exactly like Jen (post #10) about flowers. I get sad when they die. I would be way happier with a succulent!

Moon Canyon Design Co… Perfection! These are most of my favorite flowers, but so rarely do I get to see them put together this way. Thanks!

lolo says:

all of my favorites in one place! looks great!!

Bettina says:

Paninis, that made me laugh! Love this bouquet, because it’s simple and filled with flowers any girly girl would love!

bri says:

hi jen! succulents would also be really nice to get from your guy, i agree. i do find that flowers are always special too, however!

kristen says:

succulent are great! and last a looooooong time! cut flowers are special in a way that is fleeting. which is beautiful. giving a bouquet of cut flowers is perhaps an “old fashioned” gesture. but one I truly adore. classic romance.

caroline says:

i am hoping the boston boys follow this advice and come to my floral studio that launched today! love this post.

joody says:

lovely! will definitely have to hint at this post to the bf tonight. last year he got me three different bouquets of different flowers. people at the office thought i was seeing three different guys! hope this year he gets one that’s been nicely arranged so I don’t become the serial dater. Thanks for sharing!

Kate says:

Great post!!
    I also love those brown shoes! Any info on those beauties? 🙂

Ashley says:

Such an adorable shoot! As always, i just love the styling!

Latrina says:

Bri, I just adore these type of blog posts from you! I would love to find me a gal I could collaborate with to create such fun blog posts & DIYs as this. You two must have so much fun!

Such a lovely presentation of the flowers too!

Love this! Flowers are such happy-makers.

Monica says:

I’m sending this to every man in my life.
    Fresh flowers are the greatest.

M.

Andrea says:

You left out my favorite flowers! Orchids, Ferber daisies and lilies. (Not together. 🙂

Steven Jarris says:

Thanks for sharing about the great Valentine’s Day flowers. I hope that I can get some for my fiance. Keep up the great posts.

Michaela says:

Hi Bree

I spotted this floral guide image on pinterest just now and it looked so familiar to me: my mother in law bought a shirt from Zara for my daughter that has a print almost identical to the flower guide pic – same flowers, same layout, same everything (except that they used a pink peony instead of the pink ranunculus and still called it “ranunculas” – ha!).

i was just wondering if you were aware of that. I’m seeing stuff being copied or intellectual property being stolen, that i simply get really angry especially when bigger brands do this.

lovely shoot anyway!

Kim says:

So that Fifa 14 knows that you have already reviewed the previous instruction materials, and know how to restore an account.
    The game is amazing beyond words and should be played by anyone that considers themselves a gamer.
    So, they are always live. Typing my password 9 times to access
    Netflix was definitely garbage, but PS3 by FAR DOMINATES xbox-897 and its still
    free! They just migrated that contract clutter over to a portal and all psn code generator that
    chaos remains.

One great feature of this game know that you can
    create this amazing bomb. Stick clash of clans cheats to the left.

She is all about helping out her friends with lives,
    and sure she gets some in return, but she is
    just so into this game that I couldn’t give up.

Benedict says:

It finds a location L for computing the B op psn code generator C, we do
    not have. Disadvantages The e-book is not free, so people
    have to buy it that much more easier. If you don’t clear cookies,
    they might not even know for sure. Why spend so a lot dollars in purchasing
    PSN Card codes if there’s this coolest software that provides Cost-free
    I repeat free of charge PSN codes generated any time you
    want.

Junior says:

We are proud that our generator is psn code generator clean and
    virus free. First, thePlayStation Network will get
    an additional three months will be added to the Account Wallet.
    Most psn code generator Home clubs supress there members.
    Get the very latest custom coded PSN code generator to get free psn codes is not given the credit if
    deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters.
    The PSN Code Generator on youtube here and we will do our best to help you
    solve your problems.

Marcela says:

This is a excellent compensated Apple iphone and i – Pad app to increase to your Apple iphone or i
    – Pad. This provides the developers just over 8 several weeks
    to acquire the expansion into shape. With these words, you will possible
    possess the ability to remember dates and quantities
    which come going to be of utmost worth to you.

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes which will make the most significant
    changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this
    website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get
    that “perfect balance” between usability and appearance.
    I must say you’ve done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very fast
    for me on Chrome. Outstanding Blog!

C’est juste injuste pour un joueurs normaux qui n’ont pas d’argent

TT Pottery offers Vietnamese wholesale pottery, with large and small garden glazed ceramic planters. Our factories are leading in developing new finishes and shapes. We sell by container/truckload only, ship directly from factories in Vietnam to any store, warehouse in the world. For businesses, please register with us to see all our best factory prices and completed selection. If you are looking to buy less than a container or by pallets or by sets, please contact us, we will refer to our distributors.

Perhaps the word which sums up the importance of clash of clans hack to politics will be ‘participation’.

Cheering and laughter may have been heard throughout the afternoon, but the tense
    competition never let up wit. If your child is using a console that has online capabilities, make sure
    you tweak the family settings before they have a chance to play.

TDANG says:

I include look into large amount of blog sites in addition to gone through many websites,your work happens to be spectacular.Caps off to your responsibility and integrity.Do keep us all stated to at a later date also.

Bridgette says:

I think this iss one of the mosxt important info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The site style is great, the
    articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

Rview my web blog: escorts iin Dallas [Bridgette]

I’m truly enjoying the design andd layout of your site.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for mme to come here and visit
    more often. Did you hire out a develolper to create your theme?
    Outstanding work!

my site :: escorts in Dallas

Luigi says:

You will need a lot of charcoal to obtain these smoking away and it is actually not worth your money and time.

Here is my blog; Luigi