02.04.13

VALENTINE FLORAL GUIDE FOR GUYS!

so it’s always very sweet when a guy brings you flowers. but let’s be real here, isn’t it better when you actually LOVE the flowers he gave you? guys need a little guidance every now and then, right? i told arian i loved peonies when we were at the farmer’s market one weekend and when i asked him a few months later if he knew what my favorite flower was he replied… “paninis?” very funny and quite endearing.

kristin and i put together a guide for guys to reference when they are out buying their lovely lady flowers for valentine’s day. here are flowers (and i won’t speak for all of you ladies) that almost all women love…

“I say let the seasons pick your flowers! I particularly love using seasonal blooms for occasions like holidays or weddings. If on February 14th you give your Valentine a posy of ranunculus, narcissus, and anemones, those blossoms will hold a sort of yearly romance. Every year when the season comes again the original sentiment will be there with the flowers.”

i really love the bouquet she put together! i would be quite thrilled if arian handed me these on a date -valentine’s day or not!

moon canyon florals is doing a valentine’s day pop-up starting feb 11th. she will be selling bouquets and arrangements in the shop and for order. you can pre-order flowers for pick up or delivery starting NOW! contact kristin for more information at kristen{at}mooncanyondesign.com. (hear that, boys?)

florals by: moon canyon design co.
art direction by: designlovefest
photos by: kimberly genevieve

• 1. julia I mintlametta  |  February 4th, 2013 at 6:25 am

ooohhh! I hope my guy will follow your post as well :-)

• 2. Megan Leader // Far and Far Away  |  February 4th, 2013 at 6:38 am

Love the idea of using seasonal flowers so that every time the season comes around again, you have a sort of sentimental attachment to the blooms!

Also, I love the panini story! I’m pretty sure I’d be just as delighted by a bouquet of sandwiches as I would be about flowers.

• 3. Leigh  |  February 4th, 2013 at 8:18 am

Oh boy! These are too pretty! Definitely a no-fail guide!

• 4. Megan  |  February 4th, 2013 at 8:18 am

I just love fresh flowers. Hoping my boy picks up on my many *hints* this Valentines. : )

Xo.Megan

• 5. cortney p.  |  February 4th, 2013 at 8:19 am

beautiful.

• 6. Style Sweets Magazine  |  February 4th, 2013 at 8:26 am

This is awesome. Have to share!

• 7. Vicki Archer  |  February 4th, 2013 at 8:28 am

These flowers are stunning, and I completely love that little pink box that says ‘make her happy’ on it…such a sweet idea… xv

• 8. Ashley / Glitter & Pixels  |  February 4th, 2013 at 8:57 am

Oh man, you nailed it! Love ALL these! What a gorgeous bouquet!

• 9. Kenzie Lee  |  February 4th, 2013 at 9:37 am

Beautiful and sure to make any girl smile!

X Kenzie

• 10. Joy | Frock Files  |  February 4th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Whenever I try to explain that I only like a few types of flowers, my guy gets all turned around. This is the perfect graphic to help him out. I already sent it along with the subject line, “This is NOT a hint! File for future reference.” :) We won’t be home for Valentine’s Day anyway, but maybe it’ll help for future “just because” bouquets. Thanks for this! xo

• 11. Kory  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:06 am

Haha, that’s so funny what your guy said. I think this is great for guys, especially at this time of year. I feel like most guys just pick roses for their ladies instead of figuring out what the favorite flower is and getting that..

• 12. Jen  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:09 am

I love how beautiful this post is Bri, but maybe I’m a weird girl or something, since I absolutely hate the idea of flowers. I guess I get all sentimental and sad when they die because I love them so much haha. Plus it sucks when you find out your guy spent $100 on roses or whatever crazy amount & it just wilts before your eyes… Esp. since I’m not a fan of waste money. My other suggestion for weird girls like me is asking your guy to get a potted plant or potted flowers so they can continue growing & giving you enjoyment for months or years to come. I asked for a beautiful pot of succulents or cactus, since I’m a college student. They never die, just like the love I want them to represent. <3

• 13. Zoe  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:10 am

I love this! they are perfect.

Zoe

• 14. Chick Tyler  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:12 am

I passed this along to that boy of mine. ;) Great/pretty post!

• 15. Sarah  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am

Gorgeous. Peonies and Ranunculus were the stars of the show in my wedding day florals. I bet your studio smelled amazing the day of this shoot!

• 16. Phoebe  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:45 am

Hahaha, paninis. Like the sandwiches? haha

BTW, I am exactly like Jen (post #10) about flowers. I get sad when they die. I would be way happier with a succulent!

• 17. Kerry Scott Grolle  |  February 4th, 2013 at 11:11 am

Moon Canyon Design Co… Perfection! These are most of my favorite flowers, but so rarely do I get to see them put together this way. Thanks!

• 18. lolo  |  February 4th, 2013 at 11:16 am

all of my favorites in one place! looks great!!

• 19. Un panneau d'inspiration &hellip  |  February 4th, 2013 at 11:43 am

[...] via ENJOY THE KISSPinsource d’après BOHEME CIRCUS via ISHTAR OLIVERAPinsource d’après DESIGN LOVE FESTPinsource d’après L’ENCRE VIOLETTE à L’AFFICHE [...]

• 20. Bettina  |  February 4th, 2013 at 11:46 am

Paninis, that made me laugh! Love this bouquet, because it’s simple and filled with flowers any girly girl would love!

• 21. bri  |  February 4th, 2013 at 11:49 am

hi jen! succulents would also be really nice to get from your guy, i agree. i do find that flowers are always special too, however!

• 22. kristen  |  February 4th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

succulent are great! and last a looooooong time! cut flowers are special in a way that is fleeting. which is beautiful. giving a bouquet of cut flowers is perhaps an “old fashioned” gesture. but one I truly adore. classic romance.

• 23. caroline  |  February 4th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

i am hoping the boston boys follow this advice and come to my floral studio that launched today! love this post.

• 24. joody  |  February 4th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

lovely! will definitely have to hint at this post to the bf tonight. last year he got me three different bouquets of different flowers. people at the office thought i was seeing three different guys! hope this year he gets one that’s been nicely arranged so I don’t become the serial dater. Thanks for sharing!

• 25. Kate  |  February 4th, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Great post!!
    I also love those brown shoes! Any info on those beauties? :)

• 26. Ashley  |  February 4th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Such an adorable shoot! As always, i just love the styling!

• 27. Latrina  |  February 4th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Bri, I just adore these type of blog posts from you! I would love to find me a gal I could collaborate with to create such fun blog posts & DIYs as this. You two must have so much fun!

Such a lovely presentation of the flowers too!

• 28. Megan @ Pink O'Clock  |  February 4th, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Love this! Flowers are such happy-makers.

• 29. Monica  |  February 4th, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I’m sending this to every man in my life.
    Fresh flowers are the greatest.

M.

• 30. Andrea  |  February 5th, 2013 at 8:37 am

You left out my favorite flowers! Orchids, Ferber daisies and lilies. (Not together. :)

• 31. invitation consultants  |  February 5th, 2013 at 9:33 am

great guide! pinning!

• 32. AROUND THE VALENTINE̵&hellip  |  February 12th, 2013 at 9:05 am

[...] Votive candle holders // 9. Cake Pedestal // 10. Champagne flutes // 11. DIY flower arrangement // 12. Candle [...]

• 33. Last minute ValentineR&hellip  |  February 12th, 2013 at 11:35 am

[...] AS FOR THE LADIES…  I think I speak for all of us when I say you fellas can also do ANY of the above, and that would make us pretty happy.  Especially the heartfelt gooey stuff.  Flowers also do not suck.  Ever.  I know red roses are the V-day go-to, but if you really wanna rock out and get some extra brownie points, I would try to branch out a bit…  in the form of hot pink roses, tulips, or (gasp!) peonies.  DesignLoveFest did a good little round-up the other day you can check out here. [...]

• 34. Happy Valentine’s D&hellip  |  February 14th, 2013 at 12:55 am

[...] Design Love Fest featured a fail-safe guide this week for buying flowers, perfect if you’re a little lost on what to buy that special [...]

• 35. Steven Jarris  |  February 15th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Thanks for sharing about the great Valentine’s Day flowers. I hope that I can get some for my fiance. Keep up the great posts.

• 36. Squirrelly Minds » &hellip  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:32 am

[...] pinned / via [...]

• 37. Flowers and Cookies (The &hellip  |  February 25th, 2013 at 11:52 am

[...] flowers were beautifully put together by Moon Canyon Design (Thanks designlovefest for the tip) and the macarons were from Lette. Check back soon to see how these beautiful flowers [...]

• 38. Inspiration 05 : Flower P&hellip  |  May 28th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

[...] 1. Floral illustration by Miyahara Hazuki 2. Amy Merrick Floral 3. Mexican Crepe Paper Dahlias 4. Palette Sketch Plate 5. Valentine Floral Guide [...]

• 39. Squirrelly Minds » &hellip  |  July 17th, 2013 at 6:32 am

[...] Design Love Fest [...]

• 40. Michaela  |  December 6th, 2013 at 6:01 am

Hi Bree

I spotted this floral guide image on pinterest just now and it looked so familiar to me: my mother in law bought a shirt from Zara for my daughter that has a print almost identical to the flower guide pic – same flowers, same layout, same everything (except that they used a pink peony instead of the pink ranunculus and still called it “ranunculas” – ha!).

i was just wondering if you were aware of that. I’m seeing stuff being copied or intellectual property being stolen, that i simply get really angry especially when bigger brands do this.

lovely shoot anyway!

• 41. youtube candy crush saga &hellip  |  January 13th, 2014 at 5:14 pm

youtube candy crush saga level 152

VALENTINE FLORAL GUIDE FOR GUYS! | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 42. clash of clans hack tool &hellip  |  January 14th, 2014 at 1:56 am

clash of clans hack tool no survey or download

VALENTINE FLORAL GUIDE FOR GUYS! | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 43. Kim  |  January 19th, 2014 at 5:46 am

So that Fifa 14 knows that you have already reviewed the previous instruction materials, and know how to restore an account.
    The game is amazing beyond words and should be played by anyone that considers themselves a gamer.
    So, they are always live. Typing my password 9 times to access
    Netflix was definitely garbage, but PS3 by FAR DOMINATES xbox-897 and its still
    free! They just migrated that contract clutter over to a portal and all psn code generator that
    chaos remains.

• 44. clash of clans cheats for gems ios and android  |  January 21st, 2014 at 8:45 pm

One great feature of this game know that you can
    create this amazing bomb. Stick clash of clans cheats to the left.

She is all about helping out her friends with lives,
    and sure she gets some in return, but she is
    just so into this game that I couldn’t give up.

• 45. Benedict  |  January 23rd, 2014 at 6:03 pm

It finds a location L for computing the B op psn code generator C, we do
    not have. Disadvantages The e-book is not free, so people
    have to buy it that much more easier. If you don’t clear cookies,
    they might not even know for sure. Why spend so a lot dollars in purchasing
    PSN Card codes if there’s this coolest software that provides Cost-free
    I repeat free of charge PSN codes generated any time you
    want.

• 46. Junior  |  January 26th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

We are proud that our generator is psn code generator clean and
    virus free. First, thePlayStation Network will get
    an additional three months will be added to the Account Wallet.
    Most psn code generator Home clubs supress there members.
    Get the very latest custom coded PSN code generator to get free psn codes is not given the credit if
    deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters.
    The PSN Code Generator on youtube here and we will do our best to help you
    solve your problems.

• 47. Marcela  |  February 2nd, 2014 at 9:33 am

This is a excellent compensated Apple iphone and i – Pad app to increase to your Apple iphone or i
    - Pad. This provides the developers just over 8 several weeks
    to acquire the expansion into shape. With these words, you will possible
    possess the ability to remember dates and quantities
    which come going to be of utmost worth to you.

• 48. bomb me hack android  |  April 24th, 2014 at 6:21 am

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes which will make the most significant
    changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

• 49. download flappy bird hack  |  May 21st, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this
    website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get
    that “perfect balance” between usability and appearance.
    I must say you’ve done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very fast
    for me on Chrome. Outstanding Blog!

COOL BEACH TOWEL…