02.19.13

STYLE / 87

not sure if you saw my vine about this vintage swim cap, but i got it for 12 dollars and i love it. i am headed to palm springs on a girls trip in a few weeks and it will be packed for sure.

this is more of an experimental style post with jesse (see the last two here and here.) i love the bright whites mixed with the blue & pink accents. the tulle tutu reminds me a little of carrie bradshaw. she could pull something like this off, easy. also, i was inspired by this, remember?

speaking of ballerina tutus, have you watched the documentary on netflix called “first position?” wow. it was such a good way to spend an evening. the dedication of those young dancers is truly inspirational and fascinating.

i am writing this post on the train ride to new york from boston (prepare for random thoughts.) we always have to bring quite a bit of luggage with all of our blogshop equipment, so dragging our bags through the snow and chilling boston wind wasn’t the most pleasant. however, the relaxed train ride makes up for it. i have taken the amtrak to my grandparents house every year since i was very young, so it always brings me back to those days.

i remember being SO excited to have a whole row to myself, i would set up all my train entertainment that i packed, listen to mom’s super cool CD player as the trees flew by out the window…and i would find any excuse to walk through the train cars as they swayed back and forth to get to the cafe car (which was the highlight, obviously). i get fairly anxious on planes (xanax, please), so taking the train has always been my preferred method of travel. it’s funny because i still feel like a child when i sit down in my seat, just excited about different things now (wifi! power outlets! leg room!) and i must admit, i still like finding an excuse to go to the cafe car.

anyways, have a wonderful week everyone! i’ve been prepping all of the benefit posts that go live next week. can’t wait to post them! -bri

photography: jesse chamberlin for designlovefest
more style posts: right here

• 1. Kenzie Lee  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:29 am

What a fun photo shoot! You look gorgeous as usual and look like you are having a blast!

X Kenzie

• 2. ali thompson  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:35 am

such fun photos! and very carrie bradshaw-esque! love it

• 3. stephanie @BabaSouk  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:36 am

haaaa! Crazy banana! So pretty. Absolutely adorable. You are nailing it, style post with an added twist are the best!!

• 4. Sarolta  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:39 am

These pictures are so fun :) Can’t wait for the Benefit Posts!

• 5. Sarah  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:46 am

Very Carrie Bradshaw! I’m totally feeling those pink tights!

• 6. Rachel C  |  February 19th, 2013 at 7:02 am

The shoes!!!! Where are they from??? :D

• 7. Lauren  |  February 19th, 2013 at 7:07 am

Love this! Such a whimsical outfit!
    x

• 8. Ergo-Blog  |  February 19th, 2013 at 7:53 am

This photoshoot is so cool!! Very dreamy and I just love the whites with your shower cap! Very pretty!

Have a great time in New York!!

• 9. The New Diplomats Wife  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:06 am

i think this is one of my favorite style posts yet, love the portrait of you in the cap! nice work!

• 10. Monica  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:24 am

You definitely remind me of Mrs. Bradshaw in this one! I love the tutu and how carefree and fun it all looks.
    I love train rides more than airplanes too. Airplanes have way too many rules that just make me fearful for the flight.

M.

• 11. Lauren Ashley  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:35 am

love love love – just fun and whimsical. Have fun on your trip!

• 12. Ellen  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:55 am

I love your eye for the details. The different nailpolish on your hands looks just…WOW.

• 13. Jaclyn  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:58 am

Who knew a swim cap could be so stylish! Your fashion shoots are always a great source of inspiration.

Stay in the Lines

• 14. Kristen  |  February 19th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Ok the photos are adorable! I’m a sucker for bright white, with pink and blue as well. My favorite color combo!

• 15. Tiffany  |  February 19th, 2013 at 9:15 am

First Position is one of my favorite documentaries on Netflix. Those kids ridiculously talented.

• 16. alicia  |  February 19th, 2013 at 9:46 am

The all whites with colour accents is so you! I was just on instagram admiring yet another location you’ve picked out for Blogshop.
    I also loved that you shared your inspiration for this post. I’m guessing most of us are very visual people and I personally love seeing where the inspiration came from, like the moodboard.
    Speaking of dance, have you seen this little video? So amazing.

• 17. Sarah  |  February 19th, 2013 at 9:49 am

Bri, your experimental posts have been out of this world. I really love how editorial they’ve been. These colors really speak to me as we enter spring! They’re so ethereal.

• 18. Stefanie // Life on the Squares  |  February 19th, 2013 at 9:59 am

I love taking the train from Boston to NYC, especially this time of year! Hope y’all have a safe trip & thanks for the great class in Boston again :)

XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

• 19. Sarah @ When Regarding Ruffles  |  February 19th, 2013 at 11:05 am

This is so fun! As a “retired” ballerina, this made me want to get all gussied up in a tutu! Maybe even a swim cap, too! (insert spins, twirls, and leaps) :D

• 20. Heidi {Dooley Noted Style}  |  February 19th, 2013 at 11:22 am

Love this post & those photos. I saw that vine & love how you styled that swim cap!

• 21. Leigh  |  February 19th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Oh! I see some of your latest pinterest inspiration board in this! Love how your “falling upside down” photo turned out! Such a fun shoot! You must have had a blast with all these photo shoots that day!

• 22. lydia {ever ours}  |  February 19th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

this is too fun!

• 23. Bettina  |  February 19th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I keep meaning to watch “first position” and haven’t, I need to buckle down and watch it. Love these photos, the blue and white together look so ethereal!

• 24. Lexi  |  February 19th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Amaze balls! You are as cute as a button.

• 25. Jules  |  February 19th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Carrie could totally pull something like this off…and so can you! Love the hat, reminds me of a fashionable shower cap. hehe

xoxo,

Jules of Canines & Couture

• 26. Samantha  |  February 19th, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Awww a giraffe! And that lovely hat! You are lovely.

• 27. raeanne  |  February 19th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I LOVED the documentary first position. I have a slight addiction to movies about dance. Speaking of inspirational… hellllllooo amazing style posts! Makes me want to try a little harder :)

• 28. rachael  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

so airy and cute! love the throwback swim cap :)

• 29. Chick Tyler  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I will forever be in love with your photographers! Such a lovely post!

• 30. lucile  |  February 20th, 2013 at 5:05 am

really cute post!
    did you see the unicef x h&m collection? i feel you would have loved the flamingo hat!

Lucile

• 31. STYLE / 88 | D E S I G N &hellip  |  February 21st, 2013 at 4:30 am

[…] is the final look from the series with jesse. when i spotted this green vintage floor-length dress it immediately reminded me of the louie […]

• 32. whitney deal  |  February 21st, 2013 at 5:52 am

such a fun post! who knew swim caps were so awesome. i always enjoy the magic jesse captures!

• 33. Things that are GOOD Frid&hellip  |  February 21st, 2013 at 10:54 pm

[…] I’m just sounding like the ultimate white girl problem, here’s a pretty picture from DesignLoveFest. Photo credit: […]

• 34. MelitaSu  |  February 22nd, 2013 at 2:23 am

Cutie pie! x

• 35. learn how you can get xanax  |  July 11th, 2013 at 10:29 pm

There’s certainly a great deal to know about this topic. I like all the points you have made.

Here is my weblog: learn how you can get xanax

• 36. VINTAGE SKILLS: Divisibil&hellip  |  August 25th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

[…] 2 legs by Jesse Chamberlain for designlovefest […]

• 37. California Psychics Reviews  |  February 11th, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I have taken notice that of all various types of insurance coverage,
    health insurance plan is the most debatable due to
    the fact of the struggle amongst the coverage policies
    company’s obligation to keep on being financially rewarding and the buyer’s need to have to have
    insurance include. Insurance policies companies’ income on
    well being and health options are pretty minimal,
    consequently some companies struggle to make revenue.
    Many thanks for the strategies you share via this site.

Here is my website … California Psychics Reviews