02.23.13

PANTONE PAIRINGS

i have blogged about this dude before. but this deserves double blogging. his pantone pairings project has my mind swimming with ideas. i really like the constraints of this exercise…so simple, but it actually takes a lot of thought to think of a really powerful pairing (try it!) i bet it’s so rewarding every time he puts a new one up. i still haven’t thought of an ongoing project i would like to execute, but i really would like to soon.

i feel a chips and salsa coming up next?? or maybe a mashed potatoes and gravy?

seriously, aren’t these great?

photos by dschwen’s instagram

• 1. Clarissa @ CNICOLEPD  |  February 23rd, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I saw this on Pinterest (maybe you pinned it) and I love this. Pantone and food make a lovely combo!

• 2. Alicia Carvalho  |  February 23rd, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Ive been noticing this on instagram and it makes me sooooo happy, maybe even a little jealous its not my idea!!!!
    Been thinking about an ongoing project of my own and this makes me very excited and inspired!!!!!

• 3. Kaella Lynn  |  February 23rd, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Love this! So clever!

• 4. Sarah  |  February 23rd, 2013 at 9:37 pm

This is SO perfect for social media. It’s exactly the kind of thing that gets people engaged and paying attention, and it would be pretty easy to execute. I’ve been following this guy on instagram for a while, totally love this series!

• 5. look see.  |  February 23rd, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Very cool! Love the idea :)

• 6. Miss Drawingdream  |  February 24th, 2013 at 3:38 am

I’m getting hungry ;)

Miss Drawingdream

• 7. Charlotte  |  February 24th, 2013 at 8:42 am

This is such a fun idea, I love the first one x

• 8. annie  |  February 24th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I love food and art together.

P.S. I saw you at Bachelor Farmer (I didn’t know you were going to be there until I read that post)!

• 9. ebb & flow :: fabulou&hellip  |  February 24th, 2013 at 6:11 pm

[...] • Love these Pantone pairings. [...]

• 10. Elisa FancyFreeMe  |  February 24th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Brilliant! So simple and so genius.

• 11. Angel Y. | Static-Romance  |  February 24th, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I love this idea! I think a chips and salsa would be great. Thank you for sharing Bri!

• 12. Bridget  |  February 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am

love! i bet you’ve seen this one already, but if not, check it out, Pantone rock-n-roll: http://bit.ly/V1pzAl

–pippascabinet.blogspot.com

• 13. Debbera  |  February 26th, 2013 at 3:56 am

I really luv this, who would have thought, definitely got my brain cells working today … a bit …. Fish and chips come to mind.

• 14. The Inspiration Grid : De&hellip  |  February 26th, 2013 at 3:59 am

[...] David Schwen on The Grid via Design Love Fest David Schwen’s website Tweet Now you can subscribe to our email updates. Click here to [...]

• 15. Emily  |  February 26th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Seriously what do these remind you of? Ummm Mr. Weed’s class Freshaman year when we had to do contrast samples!! Mine are still hanging up at my parents. Everytime I see them I cringe a little. :)

• 16. THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE&hellip  |  March 17th, 2013 at 4:40 am