02.01.13

I LOVED THIS NIGHT

this year i imagined my birthday party to be good food, a small group of close friends, tequila and a lot of laughter. other than the fact that we rented that limo last minute and went on a photo booth tour…it was pretty much exactly that.

i hosted the party at heirloom LA. they have a cozy salon where people could come in, sit, stand, dance…whatever they wanted to do. it was such a treat to have their lovely waiters pass around tiny delicious appetizers, cocktails, beer & wine the whole evening.

we served wine & champagne from one hope wine…they give back half of their profits to various charities which i thought was really cool. each bottle comes with a bracelet on top with the cause printed on it. there was plenty to go around!

the flowers were from my favorite shop in silver lake, clementine floral works! teri put together some perfect arrangements for the party…she definitely knows my go-to colors! we had smaller vessels spread around the room randomly and a couple of larger centerpieces on pink turn tables! i wanted to keep the decor very simple (well, besides the 20 birthday crowns of course) with all of that rustic wood, i thought i would just let the colorful flowers stand out. you have to stop by clementine if you’re in the area, they make parties so much better.

the menu that heirloom LA put together was out of this world. here’s a look at what we ate…

i love attending parties with pass-around appetizers…they feel so much more relaxed to me…everyone just walks around and chats and is intrigued when a new plate of food comes around. also, this scenario is non-committal in case you aren’t thrilled with who you are sitting next to at dinner.

we had a bunch of appetizer options and each one was better than the next. don’t they have such wonderful presentation?

bonnie’s photos of the food are unreal. i could never make food look like that! my favorite dish of the night was this tuna tataki with tomato ceviche below…

after we finished up our photo booth shenanigans we greeted more friends at the party and just spent some time catching up with each other. a lot of my friends are freelance and travel a ton, so i was so thrilled that almost everyone was in town and could make it out that night.

crowns for all!

i love this picture of arian. that guy puts me in such a good mood.

i decided the week before to have this party, and i am so glad i did. it felt overwhelming to plan it, but i just kept it super simple and it ended up being one of my better birthday parties. and it’s all about the music too! the flashdance put together a swingin list of songs to keep the party going.

looking through these photos just make me so happy. so much love in one room.

and tequila too.

at the end, my friend cassie said a few sweet words about our friendship. this gal is amazing, and i loved how bonnie captured the moment perfectly. what a night! see all of the photos over here on my facebook!

(photos by bonnie tsang for designlovefest – see the birthday crown DIY here!)

• 1. Rocio C  |  February 1st, 2013 at 7:11 am

Beautiful pics!!
    Love it!
    Rocío ☆

• 2. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar  |  February 1st, 2013 at 7:13 am

Looks awesome! Those flower arrangements are to die for & loving the tiny bites!

• 3. Rachael B  |  February 1st, 2013 at 7:27 am

Looked like quite a lovely evening. I love the picture of you two together and your boy so proudly rocking his crown. That’s a kind of guy you have to hold onto – and tightly! Thanks for sharing Bri – know that all of your followers surely would have loved to be there!

• 4. Windsor Grace  |  February 1st, 2013 at 7:32 am

You have the most amazing friends!

• 5. Ergo-Blog  |  February 1st, 2013 at 7:55 am

It looks like you had a grand birthday indeed! =)

• 6. Sarolta  |  February 1st, 2013 at 8:07 am

What a wonderful party idea! What great shots!

• 7. Monica  |  February 1st, 2013 at 8:17 am

I love the color combination of the floral arrangements. It’s perfect for spring, and they work so well with the rustic wood. It looks like you definitely had a great party!

M.

• 8. Erin | Holtwood Hipster  |  February 1st, 2013 at 8:35 am

Absolutely gorgeous. You can feel how special it was through these photos.

• 9. Amy Powell  |  February 1st, 2013 at 9:26 am

what a lovely way to celebrate your birthday!

• 10. Leigh  |  February 1st, 2013 at 9:30 am

Aww! Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had such a fun time celebrating!

• 11. Rose  |  February 1st, 2013 at 9:38 am

Beautiful gathering. Happy belated birthday!

• 12. Tish  |  February 1st, 2013 at 9:38 am

I’ve decided you guys are the creative mafia of LA. You’ve got the folks who make parties/weddings fun on LOCK. I can’t even afford any one party pizazzer let alone all of y’all but boy do I wish I could. Such beautiful celebrations.

• 13. Kate  |  February 1st, 2013 at 10:09 am

Mmmmm margaritas! Looks like a lovely evening and a perfect celebration of YOU :)

Doing a little Etsy/Valentines Day giveaway over on my blog…check it out and enter xx

Kate

• 14. Paige  |  February 1st, 2013 at 10:11 am

Um..is that Kristen Wiig??

• 15. Kenzie Lee  |  February 1st, 2013 at 10:30 am

What an awesome Birthday! I loved the crowns!!

X Kenzie

• 16. Julie  |  February 1st, 2013 at 10:54 am

What a magical evening! Happy Birthday!

• 17. Ryann  |  February 1st, 2013 at 11:09 am

Looks like a dream – hope you had a wonderful birthday! You all are such gorgeous and creative people, and I just love to find that so many of the people I followed separately, all know/love each other and have beautiful, fun parties like this! It makes me feel like you guys are all actually real people (rather than just blog celebs)!

Would have loved to be a party crasher at this one =)

• 18. Bettina  |  February 1st, 2013 at 11:12 am

Wow, the food looked amazing!!! Looks like an great party with wonderful company, but food really took the cake. The presentation was lovely and each piece looked like it needed to be devoured instantly!

• 19. Sarah  |  February 1st, 2013 at 11:28 am

This looks like such a special party, and so beautifully photographed (Not that I’d expect anything less from Bonnie Tsang)!!

• 20. lydia {ever ours}  |  February 1st, 2013 at 11:42 am

love that last frame of your friend giving that speech.

• 21. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  February 1st, 2013 at 12:19 pm

oh my goodness, love every single thing about this. the food, the CROWNS, and most of all the shiny happy people. the candid photo of you and your boyfriend is just lovely. happy belated birthday!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• 22. Daniela  |  February 1st, 2013 at 12:21 pm

this looks amazing. a job well done!

• 23. Elizabeth  |  February 1st, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Seriously, you have such great taste! You can throw me a birthday party any time.

Elizabeth of The Corner Apartment

• 24. LARY@ Inspiration Nook  |  February 1st, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Love it

• 25. Julie  |  February 1st, 2013 at 4:22 pm

STUNNING PHOTO’S!!! Did you take all these pictures yourself??

Julie xox

• 26. Danie at Pasadya  |  February 1st, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Aww, what a perfect way to spend your birthday!! Love it all. :)

• 27. Latrina  |  February 1st, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Oh so lovely! Seems like you have some very special friends who love you very much. :) Your party was gorgeous! So many wonderful details, too.

Glad it was a happy one for you!

• 28. cortney p.  |  February 2nd, 2013 at 5:35 pm

what a wonderful way to spend the day. with the ones you love. for a last minute soiree this looks like it took a lot more time planning! really beautiful.

• 29. catherine  |  February 2nd, 2013 at 8:31 pm

These are so wonderful… have a fantastic year!

• 30. Krishann  |  February 2nd, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I love this post for so many reasons but my biggest reason is the fact that you threw your party. So many times we sit and wait for a spouse or friend to want to throw something for us and end up a little disappointed when they can’t/don’t. Not everyone is a party planner. Really, who says you can’t plan your own birthday celebration?! Love this!! And the crowns. LOVE!

• 31. look see.  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 12:57 am

Hope you had a lovely birthday Bri – looks fabulous :)

• 32. Björg  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 6:37 am

Love it!! :)

• 33. Veronica  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 9:16 am

Looks absolutely amazing. You really pulled it off.

• 34. Christina Pippin  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 11:42 am

I’m bananas for photo booths, and I drag my friends + bf into any booth I spot every chance I get. Fun photos + great birthday frock! Thanks for sharing.

• 35. Second Floor Flat  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Perfect, perfect, perfect! Also, love the gal in the pink dress’s curled hair. Too cute. Happy birthday, Bri!

• 36. Holli Anne  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Aww, what a lovely party! Happy birthday to you!!

• 37. Merissa  |  February 4th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Fun fun, pretty pretty! I love the crowns and the photobooth tour! How did you possibly plan this in one week? Serious question! I wouldn’t be able to book a place in a week’s notice here in Chicago.

• 38. Bonnie  |  February 4th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

the photos look stunning!!! LOVE IT ALL!!! perfect

• 39. Carly  |  February 4th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

This party looked like so much fun! I absolutely love the crowns! I am curious about your invite process – email? text? No time for printed invites? Just feel like you would have a creative invite, and I’d love to know!

• 40. Megan @ Two Live Colorfully  |  February 4th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

What an awesome gathering!! Happy friends and fun times! The perfect birthday.

• 41. Best budget hotels and hostels / Guarrantee Low  |  July 11th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I believe this is one of the so much vital information for me.
    And i am happy reading your article. However want to
    commentary on few normal things, The website
    taste is perfect, the articles is actually great : D.
    Good task, cheers

• 42. [houses for sale in surrey]  |  July 30th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and
    I will be waiting for your next post thanks once again.

• 43. "adel hotel kota kinabalu"  |  November 6th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I like it when folks get together and share views. Great blog, stick with it!

• 44. "star guest house hong kong"  |  November 26th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

If you wish for to obtain much from this piece of writing then you have to apply such strategies to your won webpage.

• 45. anderson  |  April 22nd, 2014 at 10:52 am

short term lets london

Amenities you deserve & lease rates you’ll love.Thousands of properties to choose from around globe Times are changing and the genius of technology has allowed us to throw away those old chains and restraints on our choices of short-term accommodation. Whether you are travelling to London and want lovely romantic apartment over-looking the River Thames or you are travelling with the entire family and want a large city town-house exclusively to yourselves, the choices are endless at http://flexiflat.co.uk/

COOL BEACH TOWEL…