02.19.13

MAKE IT / INTERNSHIP

do you dream in glitter? have a glue gun fused to your hand? you may be just what we’re looking for!
designlovefest is looking for an LA-based DIY intern to assist Natalie with make it blog posts and designlovefest DIY events. we need someone with some spunk!

responsibilities include preparing supplies for make it blog posts, resourcing materials, test driving projects before shoots, and assisting the DLF team with our super fun DIY event nights.
the ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a variety of arts and craft skills and an attention to detail. we’re looking for someone with a good working knowledge of materials, techniques, and basic photoshop skills and a familiarity with popular DIY projects. 5 hours a week, schedule is flexible and a possibility for additional hours that would be paid. an upbeat and adventurous attitude are a must.

to be considered for the position please submit to natalieshriver@gmail.com (with the subject line “designlovefest DIY internship”) the following items…

• resume or bio
• several examples of recent art or craft work
• a list of all applicable skills
• proposal for a DIY project for the blog

we are excited for one of you to join the team! will you be applying? -bri + natalie

• 1. cori sage  |  February 19th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

that sounds amazing. if only i lived in LA…

• 2. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  February 19th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

this sounds absolutely fabulous!

• 3. jordan key  |  February 19th, 2013 at 9:34 pm

This is my dream internship!!

• 4. marla b  |  February 19th, 2013 at 10:10 pm

omgomg YES! I’m sending the e-mail as we speak. This would be so amazing!

• 5. Joy.Y  |  February 20th, 2013 at 12:50 am

Oh yes.. I second Cori Sage… if only I live in LA. Will you and Nat be open to submission of DIY projects via emails?:)

• 6. Rachael B  |  February 20th, 2013 at 7:58 am

I’m sorry… I was totally distracted by your job offer by this amazing photo of Will Ferrell. Seriously I’m in a fit of giggles.

• 7. Meghan  |  February 20th, 2013 at 8:50 am

If I lived in LA, I’d be all over this.
    On another note, that image of Will Ferrell is AMAZING!

• 8. Lauren  |  February 20th, 2013 at 9:44 am

if you ever need someone on the East Coast… :)

• 9. Kelcey  |  February 20th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Application coming at ya!

• 10. Kendra  |  February 20th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Oh man, I’d be so beyond into this if I could get myself from Vancouver to LA! :)

• 11. Laura  |  February 20th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Like everyone else I’m mourning over the necessity of living in LA.

• 12. Nicole Marie  |  February 20th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

This would be a dream come true! But as said before, LA is far away. :/

• 13. Beth  |  February 21st, 2013 at 7:47 am

I’m really happy you are offering the possibility of additional paid hours. Unpaid internships are cropping up at an alarming rate. Although interns often get a lot of out the experience, they should really be paid. I’m disappointed to hear that you aren’t paying the intern for the 5 hours a week, but, from the posts above, it looks like you can get plenty of free labor. It can be a struggle when you’re starting off to get paid projects, so I think it’s really important to offer paid internships.

• 14. Crafty Links of the Week &hellip  |  February 22nd, 2013 at 11:01 am

[…] job alert – DESIGNLOVEFEST is looking for an intern for their MAKE IT […]

• 15. look see.  |  February 24th, 2013 at 1:12 am

(I love this picture. That is all.)

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg