01.03.13

RUG TIME

choosing a rug is a COMMITMENT, huh? they sure aren’t cheap, so you have to really think hard about your choice. we found a couple of bright rugs and layered them together for under our dining room table. (see here and here) do you like any of these beauties below?

top right, clockwise: rugsusa multi rug, west elm morocoon inspired rug, anthropologie wool rug, and this runner is pretty interesting!

Abby says:

Love the colorful one – it’s such a statement piece! But I also really like the runner, it has some color, some neutral and could be easily moved in to other rooms since it’s more narrow.

Allywan says:

I love the neutral one!

Lindsay says:

Ha! You are completely right about rugs being a commitment. Go with the neutral one, it will give you more flexibility if you want to change things up in the future.

look see. says:

Looove the Anthropologie one – this has come at a fortuitous time, I’m looking for a new rug for my new home at the moment! I know exactly the kind I want, I just need to be able to find it in my area!

Kate says:

I like the runner! It’s quirky but has a solid enough pattern to ground the room and not be too distracting. I wouldn’t quite know how to style a runner, but the unusual shape is part of what makes it so amazing–the chunky horizontal stripes on a super long vertical are great. And I’m all about pink, orange, black, and white lately!

Chick Tyler says:

I always stress about buying rugs but I think I’d be so happy with any of these! Very nice picks!

Nina says:

I bought a pink overdye rug yesterday.
    I made extensive research about rug sellers in Turkey for this. I found a great price. I’ll have a photo ready when the rug arrives.

Love that first one! We got a new (second hand) rug today. I had a fun trip to Ikea buying a few bits and pieces to tie it in to our decor 🙂

Sarah says:

I strooooongly advise you steer clear of West Elm for rugs. I love West Elm as much as the next guy, but I have been very disappointed in the quality of their rugs. The West Elm rug we have now (we had a previous one that fell apart) started to come apart after about a month. I like the Anthro option!

i love all four of them! i just moved into my boyfriends apartment which has carpet (ugh!) so we are rugless at the moment. however, i am so looking forward to when we move and get to fill the house with gorgeous rugs.

I love rugs but they are super pricey & you need to make sure you get good quality! I have had mine from Crate n Barrel for several years now but soon will be shopping for one for the nook!

I love the Souk rug. It is literally in every photo that I am attracted to. It is on my want list of big purchases. Hoping to make a few of those big purchases in the next 2-3 months.

the colorful one! it has bri written all over it. have you checked out the rugs at urban outfitters? they’re very affordable and totally awesome. i have commitment issues and can’t fork out the dough for one yet but i do enjoy spending time window shopping.

oh, and the runner.. love.

Ana says:

I felt in love with this runner, but it is a way to pricey for me. So I made my own. Just bought similar runner from Crate&Barrel and painted the two stripes in neon pink and neon orange. Looks perfect!

site says:

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was entirely right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!