01.14.13

PIZZA GIVES YOU GOOD IDEAS.

remember the sneak peek from the benefit beauty shoot? here’s a polaroid that angela took on set that day. last night i had wine & pizza night with some friends and we were dreaming up fun photo shoots that we could put together in the upcoming weeks. i’m anxious to start seeing the ideas come to life on the blog.

starting tonight i will be on a 5 WEEK blogshop break before we head to the east coast. i was telling arian at dinner the reasons why i am excited to have some time back in LA: the flea market, lazy brunches, cooking at home (i think i want to take more cooking classes heremy own bed, Homeland marathons, redecorating my office space, to have some real time to dedicate to my blog, my favorite restaurants…those are the little things that i took for granted when i was home more often…i think this break is going to work wonders.

have a wonderful week, you guys! -bri

• 1. jacquelyn |lark&linen  |  January 14th, 2013 at 6:55 am

What a fabulous shot!
    Enjoy your break lady – you totally deserve it

• 2. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar  |  January 14th, 2013 at 6:58 am

Always miss my bed when I’m away! Enjoy your 5 week break!

• 3. Ergo-Blog  |  January 14th, 2013 at 8:11 am

The photoshoot looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun! Enjoy your break!! Sometimes a break is just what you need to get the creativity flowing! =)

• 4. Sarah  |  January 14th, 2013 at 8:20 am

Great shot! You can really rock a crazy parade hat like no other. Enjoy your time at home, I look forward to seeing what surprises unfold for us luck blog followers!

• 5. Kendra  |  January 14th, 2013 at 8:21 am

I was also having a wine and pizza night with friends yesterday and it certainly does work wonders! And a great way to end the weekend :) That’s so awesome that you are getting a bit of a break, you can never tell from the outside but I’m sure you get tuckered out! Happy Monday :)

• 6. Allison  |  January 14th, 2013 at 8:40 am

I love the idea of taking cooking classes. Sometime I would love to take some baking classes and learn to make an amazingly delicious cake.

Beautiful picture–I love the deep vibrant colors!

• 7. Jamy  |  January 14th, 2013 at 8:57 am

Have a lovely break in LA Bri. It seems much needed and it’s so nice to be in your own element for a bit. Cannot wait to meet you in NYC. Been looking forward to blogshop for over a year now. xo.

• 8. Amy  |  January 14th, 2013 at 9:15 am

I love a homeland marathon! Also enjoying some time out just now before my baby arrives in 5 weeks time – trying to fit as much blogging in as I can :-)

• 9. sue  |  January 14th, 2013 at 9:41 am

fabulous photo! can’t think of anything more fun than sitting around brainstorming style sessions with friends (& pizza & wine!)

• 10. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  January 14th, 2013 at 10:45 am

sounds like a much deserved break! i am so anxious to see the final results from the benefit photoshoot!

• 11. Cherry pop  |  January 14th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Curly hair!! You should rock the ringlets more!! Looking good B-face :)

• 12. Kristen  |  January 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Enjoy your time off! Sometimes we all need a little me time!

• 13. Jessica  |  January 14th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Hipcooks has really fun classes. I’ve taken the indian, thai, soup, tapas classes and liked all of them. I’m definitely cooking a lot more as I’m inspired to just use what’s available and no need to be fancy.

• 14. camille  |  January 14th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

that photo looks so magical- the giant pop of red (feathers?) adds an intriguing element to the picture. I am excited to see what you have come up with for future shoots!

• 15. Jackie  |  January 14th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I’ll have to check out Hipcooks–my daughter mentioned to me last night that she wants to take cooking classes.

• 16. Kate  |  January 14th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I can’t wait to see the full shoot! And enjoy your break Bri–will we be seeing you at Alt during those five weeks?

• 17. Ashley / Glitter & Pixels  |  January 14th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Your kickback time in LA sounds like my kind of fun! How AMAZING & addicting is Homeland, seriously?

• 18. Shelly Waldman  |  January 14th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

So glad to know that you’re getting a little LA-home time. I know after traveling and visiting with family for the new year and then getting a cold and traveling again, I too need some good catch up time and my bed :)

I have a question for you –> I love you’re roll over “Pin This Image” icon and have been trying to implement something like it on my blog as well. However, I have found several WordPress plug-ins that add the Pin It Pinterest icon to the image but I can’t figure out how to customize the icon so that it’s more in tune with my look and feel. Would love your thoughts on how or where to look to learn how to do this. Thanks!

• 19. Lindsay Rondo  |  January 14th, 2013 at 7:15 pm

WOW! I’M looking forward to seeing this! You look amazing!

• 20. Pink Ronnie  |  January 14th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I am dying to you the Benefit shoot!!! Bring it! :)
    Love this photo of you.
    Ronnie xo

• 21. khali  |  January 15th, 2013 at 2:07 am

I saw a print on pinterest tonight that said something like “Don’t let the things you want cause you to miss what you have”. I liked it so much and probably forgot to pin it. aint that always the case. Anyway, I look at your blog and wish I had as much adventure and glamor and color in my life and sometimes, honestly, it can make me spiral a bit into a self pity party. It takes a minute to pull myself out and decide to stop kicking myself and instead use the magic that you make to make my own. Point is I really appreciate all the hard work you do and the energy you put into it. It’s thrilling to watch you grow and show more and MORE. I’m glad you have a break and wait with baited breath to see what’s next.xo

• 22. Vredenburgje.wordpress.com  |  January 15th, 2013 at 2:16 am

Enjoy your break! I can’t wait for mine:)

• 23. Katrin  |  January 15th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Being at home sometimes is pure luxury – enjoy and have fun! And get your sparkle back (in case you still believe hat you’ve lost it).

• 24. Jessica  |  January 15th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

That’s a pretty pic but it looks suspiciously like a filter from the instagram app Afterglow… ;)

• 25. Erin O  |  January 15th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I too was inspired by pizza recently…to create an etsy treasury of pizza-themed items. Forgive me, but it was so much fun! Who can resist a portrait entitled “Ryan Gosling as a Slice of Veggie Pizza”???

• 26. bri  |  January 15th, 2013 at 4:44 pm

hey jessica. i took a picture of the actual polaroid on my phone :)

• 27. Jessica  |  January 15th, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Haha oooh, well it does look nice! Either way, cheers to pizza and the person above me who posted the Ryan Gosling veggie pizza(!!!).

• 28. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!  |  January 16th, 2013 at 1:18 am

It’s always great to have a much needed break! I try to save some leave each year just to ‘use’ on me. Love it!

• 29. Michelle Schumaker  |  January 16th, 2013 at 7:22 am

So excited for you to have a break! You need it. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

• 30. Stacey  |  January 17th, 2013 at 3:00 am

It looks fabulous!

• 31. good reads 1.18.13 | BUCK&hellip  |  January 18th, 2013 at 3:01 am

[...] I am getting so excited about this style series. [...]

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg