MAKE IT / 29
are you ready to make some crowns? these were a major hit at my birthday last weekend. download the templates and make your own! they make great photo booth props…
what you’ll need:
• poster board (perhaps in shiny gold???)
• craft glue
• glitter, gems, sequins, pom palms, anything glittery that you can get your hands on
• small binder clips
how to make them:
• DOWNLOAD CROWN TEMPLATES HERE (2096) and print two copies out.
• cut them out and tape or glue together to make the length of the crown (we’ve made one crown that is small and sits on top of your head and one that will fit around it. but if you want to make either bigger or smaller (say for kids) all you have to do is add or subtract length by printing an additional template or cutting one down.
• lay down the template on the backside of your poster board and trace the shape with your pencil.
• cut out your crown base with scissors.
• if you’ve made a little pointy crown you can add some style to it by curling the ends.
• here comes the fun part, glue as much stuff to your crown as you can come up with. maybe you can’t decide if you want to use glitter or gemstone, rule like a queen and use both. this is your chance to indulge, for one of our crowns we applied a layer of spray glue and dumped a giant bowl of sequins on top… twice.
• or maybe you play it straight and you just embellish a little, your choice, it’s your birthday.
• finally wrap the ends around, apply glue and secure with a binder clip until dry.
also, download & print the second crown template (1931) for a more classic crown shape & jewel it up.
THEN…you take those babies on the road! we rented a white stretch limo (cheesy & amazing) and went to a bunch of photo booths around town before the birthday party started. it was a total blast & definitely one of my more memorable birthdays!
as always, let us know if you made them & how they turned out!