01.22.13

LOOK AT ME, ALL GROWN UP AND STUFF

today is my birthday. normally, when my birthday comes i don’t feel any older. this year, for whatever reason, things feel different.

dare i say that i feel more “grown up?” i mean hell, i am still terrible at laundry and don’t even own a first aid kit (a sure tell of an adult) but this is the year that feels like it might be more normal. in my early 20′s i  was all over the place with work and friends and boys…nothing was routine…and now life feels like it’s on a path that i can somewhat predict. but these are just birthday emotions, ya know? and birthday emotions usually involve champagne.

• 1. Kenzie Lee  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 6:41 am

Happy Birthday! I think its less about growing up and more about growing into yourself. I think you’ve created a pretty amazing life and I only hope to be as successful as you have become!

Enjoy your big day!

X Kenzie

• 2. Loli  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 6:49 am

Happy Birthday Bri! Your website is daily inspiration for my life and I always find you extremely relatable. I’m so happy for your continued success this past year and hope you “TREAT YO’ SELF” today!!

Have a lovely birthday,

Loli

• 3. YOLONDA  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 6:59 am

Happy Birthday!
    ♥, Londa
    designroundup.blogspot.com

• 4. malori  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 7:29 am

Happy birthday!! And congrats on feelin’ grown ;).

• 5. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 7:30 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I’ve learned to embrace my late 20′s and I still don’t have all my shit together.

• 6. Amy  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 7:53 am

Happy Birthday.

I don’t think you ever feel grown up – I’m 34 and still don’t feel it! And why should we!

• 7. la domestique  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 8:17 am

Happy Birthday!

• 8. Anes  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 am

Happy Birthday Bri, I don’t know how old are you, but you look great
    Love, Anes

• 9. Cristina Marie  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 8:32 am

Happy Birthday, Bri! Hope it’s as epic as you.

xx
    Cristina

• 10. alyssa  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 8:46 am

happy birthday bri! xo

• 11. Ergo-Blog  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 9:19 am

Happy Birthday!!! When I turned 27 this year I felt more grown up! But yeah I still need to buy a first aid kit too!! =)

I hope you have a great day with lots of champagne!

• 12. The New Diplomat's Wife  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 9:38 am

happy birthday bri – you’ve got more behind you and even more ahead than many people twice your senior – enjoy the celebrations and the year ahead!

• 13. Cortney W.  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:00 am

This is just FABULOUS!

• 14. Cortney W.  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:01 am

OH and happy birthday!! You are such an inspiration my friend!

• 15. ComfiA  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:12 am

happy b day
    never grow old never grow old in a land were well never grow old! (little b day song)

• 16. Megan  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am

Happy birthday, Bri! I hope you have an awesome day and here’s to a new age!

• 17. Cherry Pop  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am

I will have a glass in honor of you growing up! I wish I was there to celebrate with you B-face. Much love. xoxo!!!

• 18. Danette  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:22 am

Happy happy happy birthday!
    I don’t own a first aid kit either—I do however have a tube of Neosporin and a pack of Spiderman bandaids in my glovebox. You could try starting with that. ;)

• 19. Kendall  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:25 am

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! You and my mom share a birthday! I always think great people share birthdays!

• 20. Kate  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:30 am

All birthday anything should involve champagne! :) Happy birthday, gorgeous.

Kate

• 21. Katrin  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 10:43 am

Happy birthday from Germany! My son’s got birthday today, too. Funny, he’s so introverted, I’d never have guessed that both of you share the same birthday. I wish you a happy, exciting and delightful next year!

• 22. Shawnee  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 11:02 am

Happy Birthday Bri :) Hope you have the most lovely day!

I turned 20 not quite a month ago, and I too felt different. In a good way – so many feelings came forth at once. I know exactly what you mean – at different ages/places in life of course. xoxo

• 23. Sarah  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 11:16 am

Happiest of birthdays, Bri!

• 24. Chick Tyler  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 11:32 am

Happy birthday!
    And I don’t have a first aid kit either…let’s pretend that’s okay.

• 25. Nina - Carolina  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 12:39 pm

even if we don´t meet, I read your blog on a daily basis (or at least I try) and I want to wish you a very happy birthday! And in this special day say thank you, for all the good vibes and energy you put here. You know, I belive energy is contagious and you contagious myself with some of this lovely energy you spread here in this beautiful spot.I recently start my own blog, and I am so happy! So don´t be down about routines and time passing by, be thankful, you have such a great light!! Keep shining!!! Love, Nina ;)

• 26. khali  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I remember the second I woke up on my 27th it all felt different. Nothing had really changed. I was still paying my bills late, if at all. I was about to enter into a marriage that lasted 4 months. And I was smoking in my apt even though the lease said not to. But somehow on that morning it all felt safe. I knew that no matter what I would be ok and most likely I would be better than ok. I just turned 34 on the 8th. and 6 years later I’m still figuring things out but I am way beyond ok. Life is perfect. Really.
    Enjoy your bday beach picnic today and hold tight! you’re gonna fly! xox

• 27. Danie at Pasadya  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 1:28 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Here’s to being all grown up. :)

• 28. Richelle  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Happy Birthday you beautiful thing. I hope you have one magical day.

• 29. Rita  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 2:49 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I think everyone feels a lot as you described in that previous post, where you said that you weren’t feeling yourself. The people that I talk to feel the same, my boyfriend is having his first existencial crisis at his 30s (and I thought he didn’t had existencial crisis in his dna :)! he is always so determined and happy) and last but not least: it’s all over the internet, so many people telling that it has been a little hard lately. (I was one of them today!). I think we begin with a sparkly idea, full of creativity and suddenly what we have is a lot of to-do lists. It’s not better without to-do lists but certainly there is a middle way. I hope so. Last year was the first time I realized how old I am: I’m 29 years old. Before that, I never really considered my age (I felt 19 all the time). I’m glad you feel like you have a path of your own. I’m still a little all over the place. Happy Birthday, that all your dreams come true (except for the one with the gorila in the tub :)!)

• 30. Rita  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I meant “MAY all your dreams come true” not “that all your dreams come true” (English is not my first language!).

• 31. Lauren  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 3:06 pm

happy birthday, favorite blogger of mine!

• 32. Lisa L.  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Happy Birthday! Hope you’ve been having a great day.

Champagne is always good to calm those feelings. ;D

Always,
    Mostly Lisa

• 33. yvonne  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Happy 27th! Just remember how inspiring you are to so many people. And enjoy your big day.

• 34. Gina  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Wow! Happy b’day!
    May this be an awesome-super-cool-fun-and-oh-so-creative YEAR!

• 35. Anna  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Happy Birthday, Bri! I hope you’re having a wonderful day!

• 36. kristi  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 6:56 pm

happpyyy birthday! you are amaze! love your blog/pinterest/instagram everything! :)

• 37. Holli Anne  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Aww, Happy Birthday! Don’t worry, I don’t have a first aid kit either! Here’s to a wonderful year for you!

• 38. cortney p.  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 7:17 pm

ahhhh! happy birthday. it’s my 29th today!!! who really owns a first aid kit?
    cheers. keep on keepin on.

• 39. Marta  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Dear Bri, I hope you had a dreamy day. Keep inspiring and stay inspired. Cheers!

• 40. dee  |  January 22nd, 2013 at 9:29 pm

happy happy happy birthday beautiful! hope it’s filled with yellow hearts and sparkles. love from the great white north ;P

• 41. Camille Iman  |  January 23rd, 2013 at 12:51 am

Happy Birthday Bri! I hope you had a wonderful day!

• 42. Courtney K  |  January 23rd, 2013 at 10:29 am

Happy Birthday! (My birthday was just last Wednesday!!) Welcome to the 27 club :)

• 43. Queen Mother  |  January 24th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

YOU DON’T HAVE A FIRST AID KIT??????!!!!!!! Love, Mom. : )

• 44. Patti  |  January 26th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Hope you had an amazing birthday Bri. I felt the same way the past few years, growing up (in some ways, ha) and loving it.

• 45. look see.  |  January 27th, 2013 at 1:01 am

Happy Birthday Bri :)

• 46. jess lonett  |  January 31st, 2013 at 11:13 am

“and birthday emotions usually involve champagne.” this might be my new motto for my birthdays from this year forward. seriously. like, whoa. more perfect words about birthday emotions have never been written :) HBD!

FUN PILLOWS…