01.24.13

AUSTIN LEARNED SOME VIDEO TRICKS

we love when students come into our video classes a little bit nervous…and leave the class feeling confident & ready to make some blog videos! check out our austin gang…and join us in NEW YORK next month!

each student got a hand drawn ceramic mug by kathy phantastic as a memento of our first video class in austin.

by the end of the day, these broken triangle notebooks from nannie inez were chock full of tips. we popped over to their adorable store to shoot some footage.

our friend kirsty of so little time in australia makes all kinds of things from wood in her shop, like these circle post earrings that come in tons of fun colors.

it’s always a blast with a smilebooth in the house, and we took full advantage.

magpie fields collects and sells vintage keys, and we gave one to each student.

we walked around the streets of austin teaching our students some shooting techniques. this little boy wanted to be our model (he loved all the attention from the ladies) on our “live action” demonstration.

fancy cameras + camera phones welcome. we cover how to shoot on both!

it was such a treat to meet and spend time with such amazing, creatively energized people for three straight days at vuka coop in austin. special thanks again to our friends at grown up shoes, the byrd collective and high five factory for tricking out our space. check out our friends page to see all the awesome vendors we’ve worked with for resources in your city!

want to take blogshop? check out our upcoming classes here…(bring this PDF to your boss!)

BOSTON (sold) |  NEW YORK (sold) NEW YORK VIDEO (5 spots left!)  |  MINNEAPOLIS (sold)

march:

LONDON (4 spots left!)

• 1. rachael  |  January 24th, 2013 at 6:12 am

looks like loads of fun as usual! i love the specialized mugs!

• 2. Ana  |  January 24th, 2013 at 7:32 am

Loved seeing you and Angela.

And I totally relate to the grown-up/what am I doing/27-year-old/(seriously what AM I doing?) stuff you’re going through at the moment. Know that you’re doing a beautiful job with it all—I hope you have some fun non-work travel plans for yourself this year :) you deserve it, dear. xoxo

• 3. Ergo-Blog  |  January 24th, 2013 at 8:56 am

I just seeing the photos from your blogshops!

• 4. Chick Tyler  |  January 24th, 2013 at 11:25 am

I’m always a fan of your smilebooths! Everyone always looks like they are having so much fun!

• 5. Deeyn  |  January 24th, 2013 at 11:47 am

omg you guys!! I almost had a heart attack this morning seeing Nannie Inez shop in your photos. I’m so glad you stopped by and I absolutely LOVED having everyone visit. I am so glad the notebooks were put to good use!

• 6. Charity Sarah  |  January 24th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I get a little too excited when I see those fancy video cams. Soon. Soon I will be there with my own fancy machine!

• 7. Emily  |  January 24th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

It was a ball – come on back down, ya hear?! So happy you guys came back to visit! What a great time – I’m so glad I could be part of it all + also learn a thing or too. XO!

• 8. Amy Jo  |  January 24th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

This class looks like so much fun! I’m hoping to join the escapade on your next journey to Austin.

• 9. Holli Anne  |  January 24th, 2013 at 10:15 pm

This is just so much fun!

• 10. Mariel  |  January 25th, 2013 at 5:01 am