12.04.12

STYLE / 79

a good friend of mine introduced me to this company i had never heard of before, bridge & burn. you know those sites you go to and you know you are going to like them right away? cool logo, nice photos, good looking product. they had that going on. (and i loved their men’s stuff too)

they had me choose my favorite item to style for winter. and as you may know, i am obsessed with outerwear (see here!) so i went right for this fitted wool jacket. i loved the pocket details, the chambray lining and the hood. i am headed to the east coast for blogshop in the coldest months, so this will definitely get some good use.

those shakuhachi silver riding boots are my latest closet addition. i wanted two boots this winter that i could rotate (these were the other pair)

i like my braids on the messy side. these were left over from the benefit photo shoot…i prefer them a day or two after. throw a hat on and we’re good to go.

the sweater is lightweight and has a little shimmer. i picked up this one and a grey one while at target the other day.

the black jeans are the MIH paris cut. we shot this in my backyard -we have those really cool wooden steps, but they lead up to an unfinished yard. maybe one day we will put a garden up there.

photography: jennifer emerling
more style posts: right here
shop bridge & burn here

• 1. Chelsea  |  December 4th, 2012 at 7:14 am

I love the two versatile pairs of boot and I also prefer my braids the day after! Another great style post, thanks Bri!

• 2. Kenzie Lee  |  December 4th, 2012 at 7:31 am

Cute hair! I love the jacket too!

xo, Kenzie

• 3. anisa  |  December 4th, 2012 at 7:37 am

that jacket looks perfect!

• 4. Joan  |  December 4th, 2012 at 7:38 am

The art of layering! Very smart/cute/cozy styling.

• 5. Misa  |  December 4th, 2012 at 8:32 am

I’d love to know who makes that lovely hat.

• 6. Mika  |  December 4th, 2012 at 9:26 am

I would also love to know who makes that super cute hat :)

• 7. rox  |  December 4th, 2012 at 11:00 am

I love the slouchy hat look…something I’m in dire need of!

• 8. Kate  |  December 4th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

It’s so nice to find another California girl with a totally unnecessary outerwear obsession–I LOVE coats and have way too many, even though I’ve lived in CA my whole life. And your fishtail braids are adorable–I can’t wait til my hair is long enough for braids like that :)

• 9. Katie  |  December 4th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Those silver boots are to die for! You got style, lady.

• 10. Chick Tyler  |  December 4th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Let me take a moment to say that I love your boots!

• 11. gloria waters  |  December 4th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

so cute bri!

• 12. sarah  |  December 4th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Such a cute photoshoot – I love your blond hair in braids. Never had heard of bridge and burn, great new fund!

• 13. Monica  |  December 5th, 2012 at 1:07 am

Whoever named those boots shakuhachi had a funny sense of humor. That is unless they don’t know slang Japanese.

• 14. A Few Coats — masculens&hellip  |  December 5th, 2012 at 1:33 am

[...] style posts from The City Sage, Wit & Delight, and designlovefest feature outerwear from Bridge and Burn. Each one of these renowned bloggers put together a [...]

• 15. Bettina  |  December 6th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I love these photos, the angles and outfit are just amazing!

THIS BAG…