IT IS 2013 TOMORROW
i always like looking back on my old new year’s goals. i am pretty stoked about 2013…new possibilities…new beginnings (will post about that soon!)…new cities to explore…new artists to tell you all about…new friendships. but hopefully a lot stays the same as well, because i am a creature of habit. and i liked 2012.
1. even though i have been traveling like a crazy person, i have barely had any actual down time travel. my hope is to head to spain in march with just arian and explore. barcelona, here we come. (your suggestions are definitely welcome!)
2. this year i want to take new risks with my business. the pyscho saver in me holds me back a bit here, but i realize i need to keep investing money into both of my businesses in order to see them grow. even if that’s scary. this means spending money on photo shoots, marketing, new ideas and blog content and maybe even new employees?
3. and while we are on the $$ goals. i need to be a million times more organized when it comes to this. i am starting out 2013 with quickbooks all set up and i have promised myself to be much more serious about this. taxes time should NOT be as stressful as it is. time to clean it all up.
4. i have gotten into the habit of eating out at restaurants almost every meal. crazy, i know. with the travel it’s been hard to keep up with the grocery store…i end up buying food that all goes bad before i can even eat it. this year, more home cooked meals. after all, i love cooking and i love cooking for arian even more. even if they are weird concoctions.
5. we are buying a bar cart and i really want to learn how to make fancy cocktails! this makers mark and ginger ale we make all the time at home is good and all…but it’s time to step it up…like this one.
6. this one is pretty cliche, but i am sure you can relate. i need to make more time for phone catch ups with friends. in LA, it seems like if you live on the other side of town, then you might as well live on the other side of the country. friendships can slip away so easily if you don’t prioritize them. i don’t want that happening this year. we all need to pick up the phone.
7. it seems like it takes months (or even years) to get settled into a home. i am always moving before it’s done. our goal this year is to really finish this house (hang all the art, clean out the junk in the corners, organize the office) we really like it there and want it to be a place we feel comfortable in for quite a while. i am planning a photo shoot of the house this month, i am excited to share soon!
8. i am so stuck on shooting photos with my phone. it’s faster, more convenient and my canon doesn’t give me the “rise” filter right away. know what i mean, instagrammers? but i have grown to really love photography and just want to make the effort to learn more about what all those crazy numbers on my camera mean. arian and i always end up bickering when he tries to teach me because i find it pretty confusing to get the photos to look how i want them to turn out. bratty, i know. we will see if i can stick to this one.
9. work on my classic dad issues. kidding. kind of.
10. with blogshop taking over my time these days, i have felt distracted. i’ve been feeling the need to bring the focus back to this blog. this place is my #1. i want to explore new ideas, interesting content, amazing DIYs, strange style posts…i’m still not tired of blogging. not one little bit. i wonder when that will happen?
what are some of your goals, if you don’t mind sharing? i always love reading through your comments. happy new years, friends! -bri
(original balloon photo: jen gotch, poster by designlovefest)