12.17.12

HONEY I’M HOME

so the flight from australia to LA…not the best. the wild turbulence had me all panicked, there were children puking, could barely sleep. it wasn’t good. but it’s over and i am finally home laying on that new aqua couch shown below (it used to be brown). my friend emily henderson and i are nearly done giving my living room & dining room a full makeover (our pinboard for the room here) stay tuned for more updates on that! that new moroccan rug (found here) has a nice subtle pattern that adds so much to the room.

one good thing about that plane ride was that i got to watch 2 seasons of downton abbey (i started that show a few months ago and it wasn’t sticking for me, but i gave it another shot and now i’m obsessed.) it was so nice to hug my boyfriend and my cats when i got home and eat breakfast at one of my favorite hole in the wall spots for breakfast. now i just have to fight the jetlag and stay awake.

anyways…i’m really looking forward to being back to the blog and in my normal routine. thanks for being so sweet to the guest festers. -bri

(photo via the designlovefest instagram)

• 1. Anni  |  December 17th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Your couch looks great aqua-colored – love the new space!

• 2. Chick Tyler  |  December 17th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Glad you made it back safely, even if the ride wasn’t as pleasant! Can’t wait for your next post!

(And that couch is simply lovely!)

• 3. katie evans!  |  December 17th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

welcome home lady!

• 4. rachael  |  December 17th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

wow, that flight does NOT sound like it was very much fun. and to have a bunch of kiddies pukin? atch! welcome home, bri!

• 5. Samantha Penner  |  December 17th, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Glad you are home and I’m sorry to hear the flight wasn’t the best. I enjoyed following along on your travels down under!

• 6. Megan @ Two Live Colorfully  |  December 17th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Oh my goodness! That couch is amazing! Can’t wait to see more!

• 7. Laura Trevey  |  December 17th, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I don’t do well with turbulence, I know you are glad to be home.

• 8. Kya  |  December 17th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

That is a shame that the travel home wasn’t the greatest. :( At least when you got home you had a lot of things to welcome and love you, including the awesome couch! :D

• 9. Emily Henderosn  |  December 17th, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Oh yes, that does look good.
    And love that rugsusa rug. Glad you are back, lady. Too bad i’m out of town now. :)

• 10. leigh-ann  |  December 17th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

downton abbey is the best! season 3 is already available online if you search hard enough… :)

• 11. Noor  |  December 17th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I hate long flights they are always the worse. But good thing about Downton Abbey, its my favorite.

• 12. Alyssa  |  December 17th, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Love that couch, and especially the color!

• 13. Latrina  |  December 17th, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Gorgeous color! …by the way, am I the only one who sees a mouse on your rug? Or something that looks very similar to one, anyways! :P

• 14. Sarolta  |  December 18th, 2012 at 2:47 am

Your couch turned out great! I was looking forward to the result ever since you wrote you’re gonna change it to aqua.

• 15. Queen Mother  |  December 18th, 2012 at 3:31 am

You KNOW that is one of my favorite colors! I even have a CAR in that color! haha I also love that you added the buttons for a tufted look! Very vintage looking! So glad you made it home safe. What a shame about the flight, but thankfully it’s over now. Love you! Madre

• 16. Rosemary  |  December 18th, 2012 at 4:40 am

Thanks for making the hike down to Australia! Blogshop this past weekend was completely inspiring!

• 17. Jenna  |  December 18th, 2012 at 8:43 am

I had the same reaction towards downton abbey. My friend told me to keep watching it and I have to say once I got 1 episode into season 2 is when it hooked me! Also, love that sofa!

• 18. Ashley/Glitter & Pixels  |  December 18th, 2012 at 8:56 am

Reaaaally love that color choice! I’m a mid century modern girl too, such a pretty space you are creating!

• 19. Maria  |  December 18th, 2012 at 10:28 am

I’m a nervous flyer as well so I now take Xanax when I fly to calm my nerves. It helps :)

• 20. monster beats  |  December 19th, 2012 at 3:44 am

oh, I know you are glad to be home.

• 21. Kim  |  December 20th, 2012 at 11:57 am

LOVE Downton Abby! Its a little scary addicting.. ha! : )

• 22. Louise  |  December 20th, 2012 at 2:14 pm

woah. i have a chair that my husband’s parents got in the 50′s that looks like it belongs with your couch! In fact I just had it cleaned and it looks extra spiffy now!

• 23. Clair Summer  |  December 24th, 2012 at 11:12 am

Downton Abbey is filmed just down the road from where I live! It’s called Highclere castle and I used to hang out there all the time in the summer but now it is overrun with American tourists! Next time you’re in the UK make sure you stop by and I’ll take you there for afternoon tea! x

• 24. Kitty  |  January 1st, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I’m vacationing to South Africa next fall and have a 21 hour flight ahead of me and I was wondering did you download and watch the two seasons on your mac or ipad? Kind of a random and specific questions, but any super long flight advice is welcome! Thanks!

THIS BAG…