12.10.12

FLORALS FOR YOUR SPACE / 01

lately i have really been feeling like this blog is missing something. i am such a fan of florals and really wanted to find a way to incorporate them into designlovefest in a unique way. so here’s what gonna happen…(and hopefully we can make it a more frequent column around here!)

i am teaming up with floral designer, kristen caissie, from moon canyon design co. who will be creating an arrangement based on an artist’s workspace or studio. basically, if this studio were a flower, what would it be? i love her wildflower aesthetic, hopefully you do too!

i’ll let kristen take it from here…

A potter and a floral designer is a match made in heaven. Here in LA, master potter + studio director of Heath Ceramics, Adam Silverman is my dream come true.  Heath is mecca as far as I’m concerned and stepping inside Adam’s studio was BEYOND inspiring.

Adam loved the seeing the finished floral arrangement, commenting on how seeing his work put to use in such a way just seems so right. (you can see Adam’s work at Heath Ceramics or at the Edward Cella Gallery through December 29th)

Choosing one of Adam’s newer pieces, I created a floral arrangement that accentuates the vessels organically-rooted textural quality.

the arrangement includes parrot tulips, dahlias, cypress, eucalyptus pod, ice cedar, + amaranth.

florals by: moon canyon design co.
store: heath ceramics
photos by: kimberly genevieve

• 1. Natalie / Half Asleep Studio  |  December 10th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Such a lovely idea! I can never get enough of flowers + cool studio places = match made in heaven.

• 2. Ashleigh | Love Stoned  |  December 10th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

This space and those florals are amazingly beautiful!!

xx Ashleigh

• 3. Hillary  |  December 10th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

In LOVE with this post! I’m a huge fan of Moon Canyon Design Co and Heath, and I can’t wait to see what she does with the next studio!

• 4. Rita  |  December 10th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

great post, really hope that this becomes regular! Flowers are a beautiful natural design! I was so intrigued to scroll down while reading the post to see the result: it was PERFECT! I’ve imagined an arrangement in those tones too, and the eucalyptus is genius. Thank you so much for this post. oh, and the pottery is wonderful too!

• 5. alicia  |  December 10th, 2012 at 2:16 pm

cute idea. it’s awesome when people in different artistic background collaborate. and obviously i’m a huge floral fan too :)

• 6. stephanie  |  December 10th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

This studio space is just wow.

• 7. Chick Tyler  |  December 10th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Great idea! Lovely arrangement! Can’t wait for the next post!

• 8. Sarah  |  December 10th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I just started hyperventilating at the sight of all those beautiful ceramics and wooden chopping boards. Obviously I can never go to this store, as I would spend every dime I have.

• 9. Brooke  |  December 10th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

So fresh and beautiful! Excited to see future floral posts. Flowers are an instant mood-lift for me, even if I’m only seeing them onscreen!

• 10. hayley  |  December 10th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

This is such a great idea! I can’t wait to see different types of studio spaces and the range of flowers used.

• 11. Danie at Pasadya  |  December 10th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

How beautiful! I’m already in love with this new column!

• 12. Karen A  |  December 10th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Gorgeous flowers!

• 13. Dominique  |  December 10th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

YES!!!!! Brilliant idea!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous collab.

• 14. My Love Wedding Ring  |  December 10th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Those flowers are so perfect for the studio – and what gorgeous pottery!

• 15. Libby  |  December 10th, 2012 at 5:09 pm

the best! what a fun blog idea :)

• 16. Celestine  |  December 10th, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Love this post! Very unique yet parallel in many ways. I hope it becomes a mainstay on your blog

• 17. Pink Ronnie  |  December 10th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

It’s stunning!!! Excited about this new column. Love looking at gorgeous florals…
    Ronnie xo

• 18. rachael  |  December 10th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

you’re right… there haven’t been enough floral things here lately! first of all, i love how new maker florists are using wildflowers.. i feel like it’s a thing now, and it’s beautiful! second of all, that florist has amazing hair. jeals over here.

• 19. HIlary Freeman  |  December 10th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Just when I think you can’t raise the bar any higher designlovefest does it again! SSHH….the annual Heath sample sale is out of this world and worth the trip to Sausalito.

• 20. Esther  |  December 10th, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Can I just tell you how awesome this is?! I love flowers and I love having them everywhere! Looking forward to future floral posts!

• 21. Jaclyn  |  December 10th, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I love this idea for a series! Any type of inspiration for interior styling is always something I love to bookmark for later. These flowers are great too. I like that they aren’t overly bright.

Stay in the Lines

• 22. Ana  |  December 11th, 2012 at 12:18 am

Great ideas for a new column. As usual you always have the best ideas. :)

Cheers,
    Ana

• 23. Sarolta  |  December 11th, 2012 at 2:44 am

I love the florals and the ceramics. I hope this becomes a column because it is so good :)

• 24. Kenzie Lee  |  December 11th, 2012 at 5:38 am

gorgeous! It’s amazing what some beautiful flowers can do!

xo, Kenzie

• 25. Joana | myseastory  |  December 11th, 2012 at 6:46 am

Loving this new series!!

• 26. Amanda  |  December 11th, 2012 at 6:48 am

This is such a fantastic idea! That arrangement is gorgeous — almost magical!

• 27. Sarah  |  December 11th, 2012 at 9:05 am

I love everything about this post. The studio space, the ceramics and the flowers. Those dahlias are just incredible!

• 28. Mercedes  |  December 11th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

wauw love the style of the girl from the last picture! got to get a shirt and shoes like that because i´ve got many skirts like that. love it!

• 29. gracie  |  December 12th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

So lovely and inspiring!

• 30. AMY JO  |  December 12th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!

• 31. HIGHLIGHT REEL | bloglov.&hellip  |  December 27th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

[…] the column that juuuuuust made it into 2012? florals! thrilled to see where this one goes in the upcoming […]

• 32. FLORALS FOR YOUR SPACE / &hellip  |  January 7th, 2013 at 7:00 am

[…] the sweet ladies of dream collective welcomed us into the store and studio space to be inspired and create our second floral arrangement post! (see the first one here) […]

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg