12.11.12

CHECKING IN…

hello, hello! checking in from melbourne. i’ve already bought three ironic sweaters within 2 hours of being here (and i haven’t even explored brunswick st. yet!) we had a lot of fun in sydney, the beaches were gorgeous, the blogshop was amazing. but i will say that i am very happy to spend the rest of the trip wandering around melbourne…there is cafes and shops everywhere.

we checked into the art series hotel, the cullen, yesterday. wow. this place is seriously cool. renting an apartment is always really fun…it makes you feel part of the neighborhood, you can cook at home…but there is something so lovely about checking into a hotel and putting on a white robe, right? you have to look into this place if you are in melbourne.

i hope you have been enjoying the guest posts, and check back tomorrow for a cool giveaway! follow along on instagram for australian updates. caio for now! –bri

Sarah says:

I love The Cullen! I’m so jealous of you right now!

Ah! you are so lucky to get to go to all of these beautiful locations! I love living vicariously through you.

Abigail Bobo says:

PURPLE HAT. <3

I wore my purple hat today too!

Chick Tyler says:

Ahhh! I’m so excited for you!!

rachael says:

ack, i want to go now! i never think of melbourne as a place to be, but it sounds like you’re having a blast!

Alana says:

Was so great at Blogshop Sydney! I was lucky enough to be able to come along and loved it. Enjoy Melbourne – your sweaters are too cute (we call them ‘jumpers’ here!) Thanks Bri x

glad things are going well! enjoying following along on your adventure!

I just love that hat! Have a wonderful time.

Pip says:

Oh you are in my town! I live on Brunswick St, and I think you will like it a lot…. but you MUST visit GERTRUDE STREET (Sonido cafe, Little Salon boutique, Cottage Industry, Dagmar Rousset, Artisan Books, Books for Cooks!)

Gertrude St intersects with Brunswick St and it’s dotted with cute retail and cafes.

Brunswick St is full of neat shops and places to eat too… Try Mario’s for a glass of Prosecco and a bowl of pasta, Klein’s Perfumery for beauty, Alimentari is a great deli, Flowers Vassette is gorgeous for inspiration, Swan Boutique is good for cute crafty things and pretty dresses, Tea 2 for lovely tea, Veggie Bar for delicious vegetarian lunch/dinner/breakfast, Shag for vintage pieces… Lots of good places to visit!

AND the locals like me shop/eat on SMITH Street… at the end of Gertrude St… there’s great Japanese (wabi sabi salon!) and a cute bookshop, a couple of great interiors shops, Huxtaburger, Cafe Rosamond, a gorgeous Japanese boutique, Cavallero cafe, and tons of good spots along there…

Weave your way through the back streets and there are little pubs hidden away and tons of great street art too! (Try The Union Club Hotel for a very Australian pub experience… they have a rooftop too!)

I hope you have HEAPS OF FUN! Oh… and if you have time, go to Cibi in Collingwood off Smith St (it’s a Japanese store and cafe!) xx

Sympa l’idée du chapeau! Ça me plaît :-)
    Bisous!

charlotte says:

Whatttt this place looks like a dream.

Christine says:

I lived in Melbourne in 2011, and walked by the Cullen every day on my way to work–at Great Dane Furniture! You must pop into the store, it’s just a few steps away from the Cullen and it’s the most fabulous Scandinavian design store! Also: the coffee and treats (lemon ricotta muffin!) at Market Cafe across the street. The family who runs it is just GORGEOUS! Enjoy Melbourne x

Beckie says:

We’re so thrilled that you love the hotel!

Thanks for all your support & enjoy the rest of your stay in Melbourne.

Beckie – Art Series Hotels

Thankjs forr somе other informative website.
    Thee ρlace еlse may јust Ι am ɡetting that type of info written іn ѕuch a perfect manner?
    Ι ɦave а challenge that I aam simply noԝ աorking οn,
    ɑnd ӏ’ve ƅеen ɑt thе loοk оut fоr ѕuch іnformation.

Feel free tο surf to my