12.12.12

ADVICE / 43

today’s question: “what are your favorite desk accessories?”

OUR ANSWER:

we might love the novelty of having a desk more than we actually love using one (remember this post?). we rarely sit at it, but we make it look pretty with fun desk accessories. these are our favorites to have on display (and sometimes put to use)…

- poppin stapler
- future perfect tape dispenser
le pens and different weights of sharpies and microns
- west elm market heirloom scissors
- colored post-its
- vintage perpetual calendar
- stacks of books to inspire (like this one)
- poppin ruler
- cutting mat
- wireless keyboard and mouse
- kate spade striped folders
- moma fluorescent colored pencils
- washi tape in every color and pattern under the sun
air plant
- cute calculator
- pantone book
- white push pins
- anthro paper clips (really good colors)
- kate spade desk calendar
wacom tablet

what’s some of your favorite desk items? we love collecting them!

(illustration by katie evans. read more freelance advice posts are over here!)

• 1. Anni  |  December 12th, 2012 at 8:22 am

Love this – I’ve been looking for some good folders to add some organization to my desk, those Kate Spade ones are perfect.

I’m a pen and paper girl, so I keep these Rollbahn notebooks on my desk. I have one specifically for client notes I bring to meetings, and I jot down anything important we talk about. They’re cute and easy to slip into a bag.

• 2. Chloe Moon  |  December 12th, 2012 at 8:49 am

This post reminds me of the movie Office Space where the guy was obsessed with his red stapler! =)

My favorite desk accessorie is my cupcake post-it notes…I have one to admire and one to use! =)

Ergo – Blog

• 3. Chick Tyler  |  December 12th, 2012 at 8:53 am

I actually have a small dining room table as my desk. I LOVE it because it allows for so much room BUT no drawers. So I usually have a hand full of crafty things on the right side and my computer things (including my Wacom & Canon) chilling on the left. Did I mention I have at least 20 pens and 10 candles too? It’s fine!

• 4. Sarah  |  December 12th, 2012 at 11:49 am

Oh man, Le Pen is a must have at any desk. My desk is 9ft long!! It holds everything from my sewing machine to my scanner (and of course my computer!). So as you can imagine i have a lot of desk accessories. My all time favorite accessory are my colored rubber bands and glitter clothes pins. I guess i like keeping things together?

• 5. Helena La Petite  |  December 12th, 2012 at 11:53 am

Sounds like a beautiful desk.
    I also love having an actual pinboard to keep some of my main inspiration right where I can see it (rather than having to scroll through millions and millions of pins on Pinterest.)

• 6. Anonymous  |  December 12th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I like to keep a pad of Kitchen Papers placemats as a desk blotter. Perfect for doodling for jotting down notes jotting down notes & plenty of room to doodle!

• 7. lorena  |  December 12th, 2012 at 9:40 pm

What are some books that inspire you?

• 8. emmakisstina  |  December 13th, 2012 at 3:11 am

I actually love working with a completely cleared desk, just my computer, tablet and me… but this never happens! I have one hundred drawing pens (where of only 2 work) plus stacks of notebooks and used drawings everywhere, plus other random junk. Oh well, junk can be inspiring too, right? xo Kristina

• 9. Ana  |  December 13th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Puh, I just read all of your 43 advice posts and some other in between. I tell you, I need some fresh air. :) and although I have a little bit headache I enjoyed every of them. You guys share really interesting & inspiring stuff, everyone can benefit from.(I’m not a freelancer, I just want to improve my blog a bit) You should write a book, if you are not already in progress.
    I picked some good advices, which I can apply to every aspect of a daily life. Thanks for sharing this!
    I’m ready for advice no.44.

Cheers,
    Ana

• 10. Noor  |  December 13th, 2012 at 11:22 am

I am kind of in love with stationary things.

• 11. Kate  |  December 13th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I’m like you guys, I have this fantastic desk (unfortunately no drawers…but it’s so stylish!) that I love to style but almost never use. My desk actually makes me feel guilty sometimes…ha

• 12. Sunday Smiles 12.16.12 &r&hellip  |  December 16th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

[...] Links to some cute office supplies. [...]

• 13. xu2D5  |  July 23rd, 2013 at 10:04 pm

769347 913705Thanks for the post, was an intriguing read. Curious as to how you came about that solution… 60981

• 14. hot love kisses  |  August 10th, 2013 at 10:37 am

Greetings I am so happy I found your web site, I really found you by error, while
    I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I
    am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous
    post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

LOVE THIS SKIRT…