11.15.12

YOU WON!

okay, can i just say how completely impressed i am?! we received hundreds of amazing designs for the dress your tech contest, which made it next to impossible to pick 2 winners. actually it WAS impossible, so we are picking 5 winners today. lucky, lucky.

what do you guys think about having this be a regular column? you can submit your designs and I will feature 2 new people every other week? i am loving all the creativity and want to see more!

this design from val marie up above is my top winner. it’s so smart, isn’t it? now you can organize the icons on your desktop in a beautiful way. check out val marie’s paper shop here.

:: click here to DOWNLOAD THE VAL MARIE DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (11318)::

this cool polaroid design was the weaver house’s (our regular desktop download queens) top choice. it’s easy on the eyes, right? nice job, gregory! loving the polaroids on your flickr too.

:: click here to DOWNLOAD GREGORY\'S DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (3997) ::

some people submitted more than one design to the contest. we just couldn’t resist giving you both of anna’s downloads! which one do you like?

:: click here to DOWNLOAD ANNA\'S WORK IT RELAX IT DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (2990) ::

:: click here to DOWNLOAD ANNA\'S COZY UP DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (3971) ::

all three of us loved this design from asia. she submitted all the way from stockholm and we were immediately hooked. it has a great vibe!

:: click here to DOWNLOAD ASIA\'S DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (6152) ::

last but not least, these two lovely designs came in from yao cheng. she hand painted them. enough said!

:: click here to DOWNLOAD YAO\'S WAVES DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (15286) ::

:: click here to DOWNLOAD YAO\'S DOTTED DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (9436) ::

thank you SO SO much to those who entered! we are thinking of posting a few more in the upcoming weeks if  you want to send your designs my way! follow these guidelines please. you all are a talented bunch, ya hear?

{get lots more of our downloads here}

• 1. Lisa // Elembee  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:16 am

The top pick is GENIUS.

• 2. Sarah  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:16 am

I look forward to every Dress Your Tech post! My computer was getting sad being stuck with the same one for awhile. Yao’s beautiful waves design is my winner!

• 3. emily  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:17 am

What a great collection! Yes, the top desktop pick is amazing. Congrats Val!!

• 4. Lindsay  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:18 am

these are amazing! please make this a regular thing!

• 5. Christa @ a*typicaljourney  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:19 am

OH.My.GOODNESS. These are all lovely, but the one by Val Marie takes the cake!! I actually use this same concept whenever I change my wallpaper – go into PS and create “zones” for files to keep myself organized. Mine never look this amazing though. I love it!

• 6. Judith  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Super cool winners! I was very happy to participate, it’s nice to do some design “exercise” every once in a while ;)

• 7. Dani | ResonateLocal  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Swooning over Yao’s designs! I want a button-up with those designs on them! Please and thank you:)

• 8. Ashleigh  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:21 am

Wow! All fantastic winners! No wonder it was so hard to choose :) I love the hand painted designs from Yao Cheng!

xx Ashleigh

• 9. Noor  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:22 am

I love them all. I meant to send some in but I never had the time so I am glad you will host this some more yay. I love all of these so great. The desktop I have is actually one I made myself to organize my files as well so its the same idea as the first one and it really does help me as a designer who has tons of files to be organized, I should have sent it in :)

• 10. Holland  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:23 am

So beautiful!

• 11. Danie at Pasadya  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:42 am

Aww, they’re all amazing! Congratulations, guys!

• 12. Asia  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:44 am

Yay!! I am so very happy to be one of the winners! Congrats to Val Marie, Gregory, Anna and Yao! and thank YOU all so much for nice words! xoxo

• 13. Daisy  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:49 am

Wow! These are all so brilliant! I’m excited to see new ones each week! :)

• 14. Gregory G. Geiger  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:49 am

I am flattered to be among some amazing pieces! Congrats all!

• 15. Drew | Catfish & Caviar  |  November 15th, 2012 at 9:51 am

AHH love them all!

• 16. Danie at Pasadya  |  November 15th, 2012 at 10:00 am

Oh, Bri! I forgot to ask…one of my designs I sent in was based off of you jumping in your fall coats post. I was wondering if it would be okay if I shared it on my blog? :D

• 17. Val Marie  |  November 15th, 2012 at 10:02 am

Thanks Bri!! And thanks everyone! So glad y’all liked my design! I’ve been using it the last few days and love it. How did I not think of this before?!
    Love the other designs chosen as well! Congrats Gregory, Anna, Asia and Yao!

• 18. Beks  |  November 15th, 2012 at 10:12 am

I love Val Maries! and I totally think you should make this Regular!

• 19. Tobe | Because It's Awesome  |  November 15th, 2012 at 10:56 am

YES. love the random submissions…keep em coming!

• 20. Ashley / Glitter & Pixels  |  November 15th, 2012 at 11:00 am

These are all so great. Especially loving the idea of Val Marie’s. Very clever! god knows we could all use some organization on our desktops

• 21. Anna  |  November 15th, 2012 at 11:13 am

All so great, congratulations winners! And yes, I fully support making this a regular column, awesome idea Bri!

• 22. anna newell jones  |  November 15th, 2012 at 11:19 am

WOW! Bri, thank you so much for picking my designs as winners; it’s a major honor coming from you! So excited! xo! exclamation point!!! ;)

• 23. Lindsey  |  November 15th, 2012 at 11:24 am

Loving the Work It/Relax It one!

• 24. Nesha- Betty Red Design  |  November 15th, 2012 at 11:55 am

i’d love to see this a regular feature, the artwork featured is SO impressive!!

• 25. Shauna  |  November 15th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Unreal!!!! I’m so impressed! I would use all of these!

• 26. lydia {ever ours}  |  November 15th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

holey moley! these are beyond amazing. so much talent out there. always amazes me.

• 27. Elisabeth  |  November 15th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

All these designs are absolutly stunning! I’d love for this to be a regular column :)

• 28. Latrina  |  November 15th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Love them all! The first one is such a brilliant idea though!

• 29. Bettina  |  November 15th, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I love seeing all the winners! I think you should have this be a regular column. It’s so nice to see everyone’s work.

• 30. Kristina  |  November 15th, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I love the two handpainted designs! I have dual monitors so I didn’t have to choose which I preferred, and went with both! I’m definitely down with having this as a regular feature.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

• 31. MaeMae  |  November 15th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

of course Asia’s design is crazy incredible! beautiful, beautiful!!

• 32. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!  |  November 15th, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Oh my word these are all fantastic!

• 33. vero  |  November 15th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Very cool! One is already as desltop backgroun in my laptop. Thank you!

• 34. Alex  |  November 15th, 2012 at 4:42 pm

downloaded Yao Cheng’s Waves! Looks GREAT

• 35. Kim  |  November 15th, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I’m in love with your pick! I think its a great idea to have this as a regular column. I will be submitting next time! : )

• 36. Pink Ronnie  |  November 15th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

These are all gorgeous – well done everyone!!!
    Ronnie xo

• 37. Chick Tyler  |  November 15th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

All wonderful! Great job everyone!

• 38. Saera  |  November 15th, 2012 at 7:50 pm

These are all AMAZINGGG! This should definitely be a regular column! So fun.

• 39. Aubrey  |  November 15th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

The first one is SUCH a great idea and SO smart!!! Love it! They are all great!

• 40. Alexandra Nieto  |  November 15th, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I really like the water color pattern!

• 41. Sarolta  |  November 16th, 2012 at 6:00 am

Val Marie’s idea is amazing! So simple and smart, yet colorful.LOVE!

• 42. hey there, friday&hellip  |  November 16th, 2012 at 11:38 am

[...] love this stylish and functional desktop design [...]

• 43. hey there, friday | trick&hellip  |  November 16th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

[...] love this stylish and functional desktop design [...]

• 44. Yao Cheng  |  November 16th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

This is amazing news!! Thanks Bri for picking my designs :) I had so much fun painting these, and I hope they will bring joy to others as well… Congrats to Val, Gregory, Anna and Asia :) They are all so different and creative, love it!

• 45. Tina Ramchandani  |  November 17th, 2012 at 8:22 am

Val Marie’s image is perfect. Just what I need to stay organized. I’m going to add it to my work computer too :)

• 46. Jennifer Lioy  |  November 17th, 2012 at 9:58 am

Val Marie’s design is just fantastic! I didn’t fully realize how much I loved it until I downloaded it and organized my otherwise messy (and ugly) desktop full of icons. Thanks so much! All of the entries are really lovely.

• 47. Kat  |  November 17th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I absolutely love these and think the contest is a great idea! I’m a teacher and constantly use these images for my desktop (that is projected onto a smart board in the classroom) my 2nd graders love that I change up the background. It’s a little thing that makes my life happier. And Val’s image is genius and so helpful!

• 48. Brett aka IAMTHELAB  |  November 18th, 2012 at 2:17 am

What a great idea. Making this a regular feature is a grand idea!

• 49. Kelley  |  November 19th, 2012 at 12:42 am

Is there a prize for winning?

• 50. THIS « Sweet Surren&hellip  |  November 20th, 2012 at 4:41 am

[...] smart & beautiful wallpaper by DSL [...]

• 51. Dana  |  November 21st, 2012 at 2:50 am

the Cozy Up desktop has been making me cuddle happily into my sweaters at each and every glance – so pleaseddd! thanks for including all of them. so lovely.

• 52. I’m a “Dress &hellip  |  November 21st, 2012 at 6:20 pm

[...] I whipped up a couple designs to summit. I didn’t win (check out the well deserving winners here), but I thought I’d share my entries with you [...]

• 53. Fondos de pantalla : Dept&hellip  |  November 22nd, 2012 at 6:36 am

[...] Vean y descarguen todos los fondos en este link [...]

• 54. Amy  |  November 23rd, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Oh these are amazing! I love the idea of making this a regular contest! (I can’t wait to submit my own!!)

• 55. DRESS YOUR TECH / FEATURE&hellip  |  December 6th, 2012 at 5:30 am

[...] that dress your tech contest we had a while back? and i chose 5 winners because there were so many awesome designs? well i have even more to share with you [...]

• 56. DRESS YOUR TECH / 15 | D &hellip  |  December 20th, 2012 at 6:00 am

[...] is another one of my favorite submissions from the dress your tech contest! the designs are by portugese designer, carolina simões. aren’t they so quirky & [...]

• 57. DRESS YOUR TECH / 15 | bl&hellip  |  December 27th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

• 58. MAKE YOUR DESKTOP HAPPY T&hellip  |  January 18th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

[...] love yao cheng’s beautiful watercolor desktops (remember this one?) she’s been so kind to share two more of her designs with you today! YELLOW for me, [...]

• 59. The Week In Pictures: 3.8&hellip  |  March 8th, 2013 at 7:37 am

[...] and I was really drawn to this one simply reading P O S I T I V E. And my leafy desktop is from the Dress Your Tech column on Designlovefest. Very [...]

• 60. My Site/Blog | DRESS YOUR&hellip  |  April 1st, 2013 at 2:50 am

[...] I love heading over to Design Love Fest, one of the things that i love is the desktop background downloads. Just like me a lot of other designers, photographers etc love them too and this is what lead Bri to hold the competition, Dress Your Tech, in which we could submit our own designs to her. She recently shared her post on the winners…   I thought i'd share with you one in particular which I currently have on my desktop right now which is the beautiful "file sort", it's totally genius. Designed by Val Marie, this design is fresh and just so annoyingly simple that you wish you'd thought of it first, because i'm sure that like myself your desktops are cluttered. I always without a doubt save files to my desktop and half the time just shove them into a random folder called "stuff" or "random" because i cannot seem to pick up the courage to check my files. With this desktop background I can organise my files a bit better and when it comes to find a suitable place I can pop them away. Please check out the rest of the post here: YOU WON! [...]

• 61. Desktop Makeover | The Sw&hellip  |  April 1st, 2013 at 8:01 am

[...] backgrounds on the regular from their “Dress Your Tech” contests. Take your pick here,  here or here and enjoy a little computer makeover. Happy [...]

• 62. Organizational Desktop Wa&hellip  |  April 11th, 2013 at 11:31 am

[...]  Get it here. [...]

• 63. Birgit  |  April 25th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Among all wallpapers, I like the polaroid wallpaper the most. It’s already on my desktop :)

• 64. Monthly Musings: May 2013&hellip  |  May 31st, 2013 at 1:04 pm

[...] new desktop background from Designlovefest is amazing not only for organizing your desktop files, but also for providing a clear visual of [...]

• 65. film editing schools  |  April 24th, 2014 at 12:05 pm

This design is spectacular! Үߋu сertainly κոow
    Һow tо ҡeep ɑ reader amused.
    Вetween уօur wit aոd үօur videos, I
    ѡas almost moved tο start my оwn blog (աell, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.

ӏ really enjoyed ѡhat ʏօu had tο ѕay, aոd more than that, Һow yоu ρresented іt.
    Ҭoo cool!

Ӊere іs my blog :: film editing schools

LOVE THIS SKIRT…