11.15.12

YOU WON!

okay, can i just say how completely impressed i am?! we received hundreds of amazing designs for the dress your tech contest, which made it next to impossible to pick 2 winners. actually it WAS impossible, so we are picking 5 winners today. lucky, lucky.

what do you guys think about having this be a regular column? you can submit your designs and I will feature 2 new people every other week? i am loving all the creativity and want to see more!

this design from val marie up above is my top winner. it’s so smart, isn’t it? now you can organize the icons on your desktop in a beautiful way. check out val marie’s paper shop here.

:: click here to DOWNLOAD THE VAL MARIE DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (16064)::

this cool polaroid design was the weaver house’s (our regular desktop download queens) top choice. it’s easy on the eyes, right? nice job, gregory! loving the polaroids on your flickr too.

:: click here to DOWNLOAD GREGORY\'S DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (5789) ::

some people submitted more than one design to the contest. we just couldn’t resist giving you both of anna’s downloads! which one do you like?

:: click here to DOWNLOAD ANNA\'S WORK IT RELAX IT DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (5322) ::

:: click here to DOWNLOAD ANNA\'S COZY UP DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (7909) ::

all three of us loved this design from asia. she submitted all the way from stockholm and we were immediately hooked. it has a great vibe!

:: click here to DOWNLOAD ASIA\'S DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (9906) ::

last but not least, these two lovely designs came in from yao cheng. she hand painted them. enough said!

:: click here to DOWNLOAD YAO\'S WAVES DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (26188) ::

:: click here to DOWNLOAD YAO\'S DOTTED DESKTOP DESIGN HERE (15690) ::

thank you SO SO much to those who entered! we are thinking of posting a few more in the upcoming weeks if  you want to send your designs my way! follow these guidelines please. you all are a talented bunch, ya hear?

{get lots more of our downloads here}

The top pick is GENIUS.

Sarah says:

I look forward to every Dress Your Tech post! My computer was getting sad being stuck with the same one for awhile. Yao’s beautiful waves design is my winner!

emily says:

What a great collection! Yes, the top desktop pick is amazing. Congrats Val!!

Lindsay says:

these are amazing! please make this a regular thing!

OH.My.GOODNESS. These are all lovely, but the one by Val Marie takes the cake!! I actually use this same concept whenever I change my wallpaper – go into PS and create “zones” for files to keep myself organized. Mine never look this amazing though. I love it!

Judith says:

Super cool winners! I was very happy to participate, it’s nice to do some design “exercise” every once in a while 😉

Swooning over Yao’s designs! I want a button-up with those designs on them! Please and thank you:)

Ashleigh says:

Wow! All fantastic winners! No wonder it was so hard to choose 🙂 I love the hand painted designs from Yao Cheng!

xx Ashleigh

Noor says:

I love them all. I meant to send some in but I never had the time so I am glad you will host this some more yay. I love all of these so great. The desktop I have is actually one I made myself to organize my files as well so its the same idea as the first one and it really does help me as a designer who has tons of files to be organized, I should have sent it in 🙂

Holland says:

So beautiful!

Aww, they’re all amazing! Congratulations, guys!

Asia says:

Yay!! I am so very happy to be one of the winners! Congrats to Val Marie, Gregory, Anna and Yao! and thank YOU all so much for nice words! xoxo

Daisy says:

Wow! These are all so brilliant! I’m excited to see new ones each week! 🙂

I am flattered to be among some amazing pieces! Congrats all!

Oh, Bri! I forgot to ask…one of my designs I sent in was based off of you jumping in your fall coats post. I was wondering if it would be okay if I shared it on my blog? 😀

Val Marie says:

Thanks Bri!! And thanks everyone! So glad y’all liked my design! I’ve been using it the last few days and love it. How did I not think of this before?!
    Love the other designs chosen as well! Congrats Gregory, Anna, Asia and Yao!

Beks says:

I love Val Maries! and I totally think you should make this Regular!

YES. love the random submissions…keep em coming!

These are all so great. Especially loving the idea of Val Marie’s. Very clever! god knows we could all use some organization on our desktops

Anna says:

All so great, congratulations winners! And yes, I fully support making this a regular column, awesome idea Bri!

WOW! Bri, thank you so much for picking my designs as winners; it’s a major honor coming from you! So excited! xo! exclamation point!!! 😉

Lindsey says:

Loving the Work It/Relax It one!

Nesha- Betty Red Design says:

i’d love to see this a regular feature, the artwork featured is SO impressive!!

Shauna says:

Unreal!!!! I’m so impressed! I would use all of these!

holey moley! these are beyond amazing. so much talent out there. always amazes me.

Elisabeth says:

All these designs are absolutly stunning! I’d love for this to be a regular column 🙂

Latrina says:

Love them all! The first one is such a brilliant idea though!

Bettina says:

I love seeing all the winners! I think you should have this be a regular column. It’s so nice to see everyone’s work.

Kristina says:

I love the two handpainted designs! I have dual monitors so I didn’t have to choose which I preferred, and went with both! I’m definitely down with having this as a regular feature.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

MaeMae says:

of course Asia’s design is crazy incredible! beautiful, beautiful!!

Oh my word these are all fantastic!

vero says:

Very cool! One is already as desltop backgroun in my laptop. Thank you!

Alex says:

downloaded Yao Cheng’s Waves! Looks GREAT

Kim says:

I’m in love with your pick! I think its a great idea to have this as a regular column. I will be submitting next time! : )

Pink Ronnie says:

These are all gorgeous – well done everyone!!!
    Ronnie xo

Chick Tyler says:

All wonderful! Great job everyone!

Saera says:

These are all AMAZINGGG! This should definitely be a regular column! So fun.

Aubrey says:

The first one is SUCH a great idea and SO smart!!! Love it! They are all great!

I really like the water color pattern!

Sarolta says:

Val Marie’s idea is amazing! So simple and smart, yet colorful.LOVE!

Pingback: hey there, friday
    Yao Cheng says:

This is amazing news!! Thanks Bri for picking my designs 🙂 I had so much fun painting these, and I hope they will bring joy to others as well… Congrats to Val, Gregory, Anna and Asia 🙂 They are all so different and creative, love it!

Val Marie’s image is perfect. Just what I need to stay organized. I’m going to add it to my work computer too 🙂

Val Marie’s design is just fantastic! I didn’t fully realize how much I loved it until I downloaded it and organized my otherwise messy (and ugly) desktop full of icons. Thanks so much! All of the entries are really lovely.

Kat says:

I absolutely love these and think the contest is a great idea! I’m a teacher and constantly use these images for my desktop (that is projected onto a smart board in the classroom) my 2nd graders love that I change up the background. It’s a little thing that makes my life happier. And Val’s image is genius and so helpful!

What a great idea. Making this a regular feature is a grand idea!

Kelley says:

Is there a prize for winning?

Dana says:

the Cozy Up desktop has been making me cuddle happily into my sweaters at each and every glance – so pleaseddd! thanks for including all of them. so lovely.

Amy says:

Oh these are amazing! I love the idea of making this a regular contest! (I can’t wait to submit my own!!)

Birgit says:

Among all wallpapers, I like the polaroid wallpaper the most. It’s already on my desktop 🙂

This design is spectacular! Үߋu сertainly κոow
    Һow tо ҡeep ɑ reader amused.
    Вetween уօur wit aոd үօur videos, I
    ѡas almost moved tο start my оwn blog (աell, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.

ӏ really enjoyed ѡhat ʏօu had tο ѕay, aոd more than that, Һow yоu ρresented іt.
    Ҭoo cool!

Ӊere іs my blog :: film editing schools