11.27.12

WANTFUL

there is always those people in our lives that are really hard to buy for. i always find that my dad is extremely difficult…he wants book gift cards every year!

but when i started using wantful a few months ago, everything changed. i am obsessed with this site and will definitely be using it this year for the holidays! you remember how fun it was filling out those quizzes in magazines?…it’s sort of like that.

how it works: you say who you are buying a gift for and how much you want to spend. you answer a few fun questions about the person…where their dream home would be, do they love cooking, are they organized? (i LOVE that they are visual answers!)

and then you get a big list of items based on your answers. you pick 12 that you think they would love.

and then! they get a beautifully designed book in the mail that’s personalized by you (and there are tons of really great cover photos to choose from). the book displays the 12 items they can choose from. they redeem their gift and it comes in the mail! easy, right?

wantful is very interactive. fun. and it’s changing the way we gift. it’s a super legit site, you gotta try it. and no, they didn’t pay me to say that!

• 1. Kate  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:36 am

I am checking it out as we speak :)

Thanks for sharing it, Bri!

kate

• 2. call me debbie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:58 am

Although I love giving gifts and buying them too, this year I don’t have time to search for the best possible option for everyone at the best price. That’s nice, thanks thanks thanks for sharing!

tsiou, from  In Whirl of Inspiration

• 3. Joan  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:14 am

What a great site! Thanks for sharing!

• 4. Alexandra  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:47 am

This website is really awesome! I like that it gives options to contribute to different charities instead of just giving the option to get something for yourself! Tis the season for giving! My husband and I decided to start contributing to Operation Christmas Child this year and from now on. It’s a great tradition to start! You can find my article about it here:

Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra
    All Things Adorable

• 5. Jackie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 8:01 am

I could kiss you. Ran across this site a year or so ago and could not for the life of me remember its name and was going crazy trying to figure it out. Thank you!

• 6. Tobe | Because It's Awesome  |  November 27th, 2012 at 8:55 am

obsessed. checking this out now!

• 7. Camila  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:23 am

Ahhh this is the solution to all of my problems!!
    Except for the teensy tiny detail that I do not live in the States…. ugh this is so perfect though.

• 8. HIlary Freeman  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:35 am

thank you for this post. I was on “what to buy” burnout.

• 9. alicia  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:15 am

That’s super neat, great idea! It’s awesome for just getting ideas/brainstorming too.

• 10. Bettina  |  November 27th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

This is great, love that technology makes things like this a reality!

• 11. Jenny  |  November 27th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

This is A Little Amazing! Like having a Christmas Fairy! Thanks Bri!

• 12. Holli  |  November 27th, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I have been thinking about those people in my life who are nearly impossible to shop for, as I do every year! This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

• 13. Leslie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing! What a wonderful idea. Only wish I had thought of it. :-)

• 14. Tara  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:37 pm

This is amazing! I can’t wait to use Wantful. Even if I know just what to get someone I think giving a catalog is pretty cool!

• 15. Elizabeth S  |  November 27th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Another app to think for us instead of using our own brains! I am so tired of an app for everything!

• 16. jaclyn  |  November 28th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Sounds like a great idea but for some reason it’s not asking me any questions about my recipient, it’s just telling me to pick the gifts to offer.
    Oh well.

• 17. Kenzie Lee  |  November 29th, 2012 at 6:53 am

What a great invention!

xo Kenzie

• 18. ebb & flow :: fabulou&hellip  |  December 2nd, 2012 at 6:40 pm

[...] • If you’re struggling for gift ideas, look no farther than Wantful. [...]

• 19. Giftioni  |  May 24th, 2013 at 10:34 am

Great concept. They have a big, diverse selection to choose from for their gifts.

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg