11.06.12

STYLE / 75

ok ok, one more coat. this lauren moffatt wool coat is one of those items you have for years and years. it goes with this fancy vintage dress but would also look great with jeans and flats. it has big gold buttons, an interesting collar and wonderful striped lining…

i stumbled upon this vintage party dress for only $38. can you believe it? although, i can really only wear it for a maximum of 3 hours because of that corset style. it’s a beautiful dress, but it’s sure not one that i can easily wear on a pizza/pasta/carb-filled adventure. unless you do what i do and unzip it in the back and put the coat over it. how did girls wear those corsets all the time?

i am traveling home today from san francisco and can’t wait to just be in LA for a little while. i just looked at my calendar and saw there was absolutely nothing scheduled for this weekend. arian asked if i wanted to go on a mini-vacation somewhere together…which sounds nice. but sitting around in our pajamas sounds reeeeaaaallly nice too.

photography: angela+ithyle
more style posts here

• 1. Rachael  |  November 6th, 2012 at 7:30 am

Your hair is amazing. I’m about to go cut my bangs short again this second!

• 2. The New Diplomats Wife  |  November 6th, 2012 at 8:02 am

love – very cadet indeed. would you mind sharing your lipstick color here? have been on the search for a great deep red for blondes…

• 3. Joan  |  November 6th, 2012 at 8:10 am

The coat dress combo is super. I love the details on that jacket!

• 4. Jamy  |  November 6th, 2012 at 8:40 am

absolutely beautiful bri. the colors are stunning!

• 5. Jaclyn  |  November 6th, 2012 at 8:47 am

I love these bright sunny pictures when you pair them with red lips, it’s such a great combo. That dress is beautiful, nothing beats finding a standout piece for your closet that is under $50

• 6. Annie  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am

so so pretty – the coat and the dress!

• 7. Conny  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:29 am

I am in love with how effortless and pretty this outfit is. That dress is a Rockstar! :)

• 8. brittan  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am

Oh my gosh Bri! That dress kind of reminds me of Leisl Von Trap (sound of music) and the scoop neck dress she wears in the gazebo. I love that cut, it is so flattering… SO PERFECT. Kind of can’t gush enough. in love.

• 9. Rachel  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am

Serious question: how did you get your hair to be/stay that long? I’m doing something wrong. Please teach me!

• 10. Leigh  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:35 am

That dress is stunning! And fits you like a glove! I LOVE it! Your style posts are always my favorite! i never know what to expect!

• 11. Ashley /Glitter & Pixels  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:47 am

love the look! That coat is perfection for everyday wear!

• 12. Rox  |  November 6th, 2012 at 10:49 am

gorgeous photos. probably my favorite style post you’ve done thus far!! xoxo

• 13. Natalie / Half Asleep Studio  |  November 6th, 2012 at 11:13 am

Gorgeous dress! Ah, the price of beauty, eh?

• 14. Sarah  |  November 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am

I love a coat with great lining! But I’m a little jealous that a warm coat doesn’t seem to be entirely necessary in LA!

• 15. Anonymous  |  November 6th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

This is a huge national holiday and you’re posting photos of yourself? Come on! You have a great big following of people – urge them to actually make a difference and and get out and vote! I’m not quite sure how a style post is relevant today.

• 16. Michelle  |  November 6th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

dear anonymous, in case you didn’t get the memo, this is where type and images totally make out, NOT politics. I find it completely refreshing that she is not shoving her political agenda down our throats.

• 17. Bettina  |  November 6th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

This pairing is so chic and so very subtly patriotic :)

• 18. Naomi A  |  November 6th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

You look absolutely stunning, my dear! I love your dress~

• 19. amber baxley  |  November 6th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Love that dress and your red lipstick! :)

• 20. rachael  |  November 6th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

hooooooly, that coat is LUSH. retro! what a perfect vintage dress..and so cheap!

• 21. Latrina  |  November 7th, 2012 at 10:42 am

So stinking cute! But I can see where it’ll be uncomfortable after a while. I’m not sure how the ladies wore those things back then… I’m very picky with how fabric and clothing feels on me, so I know I couldn’t do it lol

• 22. Catfish & Caviar  |  November 7th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Love everything!!! Esp the hair :)

• 23. Hello world! | Kinetic Wo&hellip  |  November 7th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

[…] STYLE / 75 […]

• 24. lexi  |  November 7th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

That coat is gorgeous!

• 25. Ashley  |  November 8th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

you have such great style! i wish i had your hair!!! is this really your 75th post on style? That’s amazing! What’s your secret to blogging success?

• 26. Kara | A Creative Reality  |  November 9th, 2012 at 5:10 am

This dress and coat look great together on you! Beautiful!

• 27. Catherine  |  November 11th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Sooo pretty!

• 28. Eyecareforyou.Com  |  January 29th, 2014 at 9:16 am

At Eye Care For You, we pride ourselves on becoming capable to give our sufferers good quality eye care solutions from board certified optometrists in North West Houston on the 249 Corridor. We provide complete eye exams, prescription and non-prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses and contact lenses, therapeutic therapy of eye infections and ailments such as glaucoma or cataracts and considerably much more. Drop in our Houston, 249 clinic and get a complete consultation – Eye Care For Your eye well being.

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg