11.27.12

POINT DUME

thank you for being the guy that helps me discover new things. the past four years have been such a learning experience for both of us. and i can’t wait to see what happens next. i love you.

on this day, we woke up at 4:30am and drove into the sun that came up over the ocean in malibu. we watched the sky turn bright pink and orange. during the sunrise, i always have those moments when i think to myself, “why don’t i do this more often?”

it was quiet and we walked to the edge of the cliff. full of adventure and equally full of fear. one time, i had to close my eyes and count to 10 so i could try to avoid the thought of the wind carrying us right over the edge.

climb up to point dume was #19 on my bucket list.

going new places together always makes me appreciate you in a new way. you are never grumpy in the early morning, which i find very endearing.

i think we will frame this blanket photo for our living room.

this morning at the beach was a day i’d like to remember for a long time.

thank you to our dear friend jesse for these special photos. expect to see more of her talents around here…we have ideas coming out of our ears.

photography: jesse chamberlin
design by: designlovefest
more style posts: right here
t
he guy: arian

• 1. Kristin M.  |  November 27th, 2012 at 5:59 am

Bri, this post is adorable and uplifting. It made me dream of living in a bigger, brighter way. Thank you!

Kristin

• 2. Leigh  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:10 am

These pictures are absolutely amazing! I love all the ones with you and your hunny! So adorably perfect! I wish this was how I was spending my morning!

• 3. Joy  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:11 am

Oh these are so beautiful! Jesse is so talented! Love the blanket photo.

• 4. stephanie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:18 am

The pictures are an absolute delight! So fresh! Thumbs up to jesse chamberlin. You guys are so cure by the way

• 5. stephanie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:19 am

*that was “cute”

• 6. Kate  |  November 27th, 2012 at 6:32 am

How sweet! These pictures are all so amazing and your words even better :)

Kate

• 7. Rachael  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:03 am

These are THE BEST! Everything id want a couples shoot to be :)

• 8. The New Diplomats Wife  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:05 am

these are just the thing for an otherwise dreary tuesday – love this set of photographs. what a beautiful place to have such beautiful sentiments.

• 9. Dana  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:25 am

Wowonderwondernderful! :o)

• 10. nichole  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:38 am

these pics are divine. definitely ones to cherish!

• 11. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:40 am

These pics are great!!!

• 12. Sarah  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:44 am

Fantastic! But I was kind of disappointed the last one wasn’t the big proposal photo, I thought that’s where this post was headed…

• 13. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:45 am

wow, your post definitely made me feel a bit teary eyed. it is obvious that you two have something very special.

beautiful photos by the way!

• 14. kaja  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:47 am

so beautiful! those colors brighten up my day :)

• 15. STYLIZIMO  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:51 am

Yes, Point Dume is such a great place! We used to go there sometimes when we were living in LA.
    The pictures are amazing – you are an adorable couple!

Greetings from Norway :)
    Nina

• 16. la domestique  |  November 27th, 2012 at 8:48 am

Love love love it! So beautiful!

• 17. Ashleigh | Love Stoned  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:02 am

oh my gosh! these pictures could NOT be cuter if they tried! what a beautiful couple!! It makes me want to do a photo shoot on the beach ASAP!

xx Ashleigh

• 18. Camila  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:17 am

loooove this photoshoot!! I wish I had such amazing photos with my boo

• 19. Danie at Pasadya  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:23 am

This has to be one of my favorite shoots ever! Gorgeous photos, and beautiful words. :)

• 20. Allywan  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:29 am

This really is the sweetest, most adorable thing I’ve seen in a while. It’s seriously competing with that picture I saw of all the puppies rolling around on their backs. Keep it fresh and fun Bri.

• 21. Ashley / Glitter & Pixels  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:48 am

Love your blanket photo. You guys are so sweet together!

• 22. annie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:56 am

these pictures are beautiful (especially the blanket, flowers and cliff top ones) – looks like it was a lovely day.

• 23. Kristina  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:08 am

You both are simply the cutest! x

• 24. Brianna  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:14 am

Such cute photos Bri! You should most definitely frame that photo – precious. PS Your guy has some niiiice jeans, would love to get some for my guy. Ever thought about doing a style post, and styling him? :)

• 25. alicia  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Too cute, I feel like I need to go out and get my own boy+girl=blanket photo :)

• 26. bri  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:40 am

thank you for the sweet comments, ladies! jesse is wonderful, huh?
    brianna, the jeans are 511s from Levis. he ONLY wears those :)

• 27. saudia  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:50 am

this is so cute!! i love how this photographer captured your chemistry and affection.

• 28. Heather  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:14 am

So sweet. Happy four years to you guys! That last photo is perfection.

• 29. Maggie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:15 am

great pictures! your dress is beautiful! where is it from?

• 30. Kat - RocknRollBride  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:15 am

SO GORGEOUS. I love Jesse’s images so much!

• 31. chrisi  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Congrats on your 4 years together :] the photos are absolutely stunning! xoxo
    stay fabulous.

• 32. noortje  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:24 am

Wonderful, delicious photos! They made me smile. Thanks!

• 33. Karen K Dickey  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:51 am

These are darling!! Love following your posts! xo

• 34. Shirsha  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:57 am

Love the post! And that blanket post is just wow! I wanna try one myself! :)

• 35. LARY@ Inspiration Nook  |  November 27th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

AMAZING!!!! Love them Bri, you guys are such a great looking couple. Your creative minds must be in heaven :)

• 36. Anne  |  November 27th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Wow these pictures are awesome! Happy anniversary!

• 37. Natalie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I recognize this velvet dress from Blogshop ATL! Gorgeous photos, gorgeous day, gorgeous couple. Love it all!

• 38. joana | myseastory  |  November 27th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

i’m speechless, LOVE the photos, and what a cute couple! xx

• 39. Quetzalli  |  November 27th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I can’t help but wonder how the first and last photo were taken!!

• 40. Diana  |  November 27th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Those are beautiful shots! Love love love!

• 41. Milynn {love and whimsy}  |  November 27th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

This is wonderfully sweet and such a creative shoot, as they always are. Happy 4 years!

• 42. Emily Reinhardt  |  November 27th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

these are stunning! so magical! you will cherish these forever!

• 43. Sarah  |  November 27th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Aw, this is just endearing! The photos are so beautiful, but it must be because of the subjects. The flowers, the height, the color; so you, so pretty! xoxo

• 44. sooki  |  November 27th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

incredible photos!!!

• 45. Kate  |  November 27th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

This is adorable, Bri! I love the photo with the countdown :) The photos with the flowers are beautiful too–did you really have the flowers in the shoot, or was it an after-effect? It’s enchanting!

• 46. Kate  |  November 27th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Oh, and that blanket is fantastic–I want one!!

• 47. Holli  |  November 27th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

This is so sweet! I love the pictures! Makes me think of my sweetheart, reading how happy you are. He makes me discover new things and be more creative. It’s the best!

• 48. Second Floor Flat  |  November 27th, 2012 at 3:17 pm

It’s so easy to forget about simple things like watching the sun rise. “Life gets in the way”, if you will, but it’s so true and nice to have moments like this that really give you perspective. So there’s that. Now, where’s your dress from?

• 49. Pink Ronnie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

These photos are amazing…..
    Really happy for the two of you.
    Ronnie xo

• 50. Jane Rhodes  |  November 27th, 2012 at 5:37 pm

beautiful!!!! i was totally expecting a “we’re engaged!!!!” at the end of all that! ha! ;)

• 51. Lindsay  |  November 27th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

stunning! and it was cute but not in that icky way… in a way that made me so happy for you both :)

• 52. sophie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 7:57 pm

these photos are unbelievable. they totally capture the love between you two. i hope that one day i get photos like this with my guy!!

• 53. The Charley Girl  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Ok, velvet on the beach? I love it! And I’m glad I’m not the only one that refuses to sacrifice fashion for sand. xo

• 54. Erin  |  November 27th, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Way too cute you guys! I love how your pictures turned out! Congrats on four years…hoping for 44+ more!

xoxo
    Erin
    readeatcreate.com

• 55. Have a nice day! « &hellip  |  November 28th, 2012 at 1:09 am

[...] DesignLoveFest Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]

• 56. Nina  |  November 28th, 2012 at 1:53 am

Beautiful! I honestly thought you were going to announce that you’re engaged. Soon enough, though… :)

• 57. Anonymous  |  November 28th, 2012 at 2:17 am

• 58. xanthe  |  November 28th, 2012 at 6:45 am

Oh my, these photos are gorgeous, WOW, and you two are totally adorable! x.

• 59. Anonymous  |  November 28th, 2012 at 8:57 am

LOVE the last picture.
    Emma

• 60. Melanie  |  November 28th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Again, the things you put on your blog are SO INSPIRING. These photographs are beautiful. I used to live in L.A. and Point Dume was one of my absolute favorite places to go. I’d drive the extra miles just to make it the spot for my beach day.

• 61. Erin  |  November 28th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Wow, those are some seriously GORGEOUS photos! You guys are so lucky to have such beautiful treasures to look back on for years to come. Cheers to always discovering new things! xx

• 62. Michaela  |  November 28th, 2012 at 3:45 pm

so dreamy. how did you do the flower pictures?

• 63. Autumn beury  |  November 28th, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Adore these. Beautiful work..

• 64. Katie O'Farrell  |  November 28th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

such beautiful images…amazing work jesse : )

• 65. Bianca Sotelo  |  November 28th, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I love the blanket idea! And those flowers!? How did you do that?? Miss you from Blogshop SF! :(

xBianca @ A Fabulous Challenge

• 66. leigh-ann  |  November 29th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

these photographs and words made my heart jump a little! so wonderful and lovely- you’re very lucky! happy anniversary!! :)

• 67. Chloe Moon  |  November 30th, 2012 at 5:49 am

Wow…these photos are beautiful!! The one where you guys are on the mountain ledge reminds me of Up! =)

Ergo-Blog

• 68. Elizabeth  |  November 30th, 2012 at 9:10 am

You are seriously too cute!

• 69. Notable No.9 | thevedahou&hellip  |  November 30th, 2012 at 9:13 am

[...] & Purple Basil Gin 7. Felt Plant pod by Walker Shop 8. Throw pillow by Emily Rickard 9. This photoshoot with DesignLoveFest   Click here to cancel [...]

• 70. Leigh  |  November 30th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Beautiful post, brilliant photos! Wow!

• 71. Marie  |  December 2nd, 2012 at 6:06 am

How lovely! :)

• 72. Ania  |  December 2nd, 2012 at 6:47 am

What a talented girl!!!!

• 73. Helen  |  December 4th, 2012 at 5:50 am

Wowee these photos are amazingggg!!!! Such sweet moments captured, definitely frame them! Save them and back them up!

• 74. Queen Mother  |  December 9th, 2012 at 5:39 am

I just now saw all of these! The one of you on the edge of the cliff makes my hold my breath a little. Moms worry! haha Scary yet amazing! Really cute pics! Congrats to the photographer. Love, Queen Mother

• 75. Grammy  |  December 9th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I absolutely loved, loved, loved all of the pictures. Fascinating, beautiful, and wonderful photography.

• 76. amy bordeaux  |  December 11th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

these are so great! i especially love the one of your 2 silhouettes with “where to next…” so awesome! :D

much heart + soul to y’all! xo

• 77. HIGHLIGHT REEL | D E S I &hellip  |  December 21st, 2012 at 10:49 am

[...] was pretty special to have jesse capture me & my guy at the beach. and no, they weren’t engagement photos…we are perfectly happy not rushing into any of [...]

• 78. HIGHLIGHT REEL | bloglov.&hellip  |  December 27th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

• 79. Daisy  |  January 16th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Beautiful images!!!
    Where is your hair piece from? Its lovely

• 80. HOW TO RUN A BLOG OUTTA Y&hellip  |  March 1st, 2013 at 9:48 am

[...] be too hot – the subject would just be squinting the whole time. so i just avoid mid-day. for this shoot we woke up at 4 something in the morning to drive to the beach for the soft light. i like to shoot [...]

• 81. Victoria Smith  |  March 11th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

so amazing. love it!! miss you! see you soon!

• 82. the scent of pomelos and &hellip  |  March 11th, 2013 at 10:37 pm

[...] ::source:: [...]

• 83. 2 DAYS AWAY / BANANA REPU&hellip  |  August 1st, 2013 at 9:57 am

[...] nap on the beach (which means sunburn for me and tan for him) and just enjoyed the ocean. remember this post from point dume? we thought it would be fun to go [...]

COOL BEACH TOWEL…