11.26.12

NOTHIN BUT JUICE

there comes a time when i have to say to myself…bri…put down the french fries. and all of those other delicious buttery things too. fall strikes hard every year for me and i am a crumbling carb monster. and then i’m lazy and bloated and fall asleep on the couch at 8pm.

so i am trying this juice cleanse that just arrived on my doorstep 5 minutes ago. i have had a lot of friends try and love these cleanses, but i have been a little sissy girl and too scared to try it myself. but i am going to give it a shot, starting tomorrow…100% fruit & vegetable juice 6 times a day in the place of meals…for three days.

i will admit, i was swayed by their packaging at first. and that #5 (apple, carrot, beet, lemon and ginger) does sound pretty delicious, doesn’t it? i am mostly curious to see if i can hang. the cool thing is that they have a “beginner” level cleanse, and i most certainly fit into that category.

want to try it out with me? i know i am for sure going to need some encouragement along the way. i’m hungry already. have you tried it before? any good tips for me?

here’s a 20% discount for designlovefest readers, use this code at checkout: “DLOVEBPC”

• 1. michelle  |  November 26th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

o I am totally game! Bring on the juice!

• 2. christin  |  November 26th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

you’ll do great! i did the 7 day one and made it through!

• 3. Becky!  |  November 26th, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Have you ever done Monavie? I really like that stuff. It’s pricey though, but definitely a health boost. I’m thinking of going paleo starting next week until Christmas. Something that will get me feelin healthy right before the holidays. Maybe I won’t crave AS MUCH sugar that way?

• 4. sel  |  November 26th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

oh i find that so scary – i’m all about the wheat belly diet. don’t feel starved but don’t feel grossly full either – i find it’s the perfect balance.
    good luck!

• 5. Alexis  |  November 26th, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I have never done a cleanse, but have friends who have and loved it, and I am totally game—I just haven’t made the time for it. Maybe you’re the inspiration I needed? ;) Also, had to share this video about a couple that does an annual ‘Master Cleanse’, it’s pretty awesome: http://vimeo.com/32874537

• 6. Susan  |  November 26th, 2012 at 5:28 pm

good luck…I failed miserably with the blueprint cleanse-couldn’t handle the green stuff.

• 7. Erin  |  November 26th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I did the Blueprint cleanse over the summer and I loved it. I thought it would be really difficult but I managed to go all 3 days without cheating. It’s hard not to think about food at first but I found that if I drank the juices every 2 hours or so and had lots of water in between it really wasn’t bad! I had tons of energy and felt great. Good luck!!

• 8. Stacey  |  November 26th, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I’ve been thinking about trying blueprint. I heard good reviews but don’t know anyone personally who has done the cleanse…. just wanted to wait until school was over because I didn’t want be starving during finals week. Can you please let us know how it goes so I can make a decision to go through with it because it is a little price-y and goodluck!

• 9. Anita Fredericks  |  November 26th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Well done Bri! It’s a great move. Make sure you really take notice of how it affects you… more energy? more creativity? less cravings? It’s a great experiment to see the beautiful potential of wholesome food. Enjoy it… can’t wait to hear how you go!

• 10. tori  |  November 26th, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I have done this cleanse before. Oddly enough you will feel energized and the #6 Cashew Milk is AHH-MAA-ZING.

Good Luck

• 11. Noor  |  November 27th, 2012 at 3:51 am

I would love to do this but they do not ship international does anyone know of any that do?

• 12. Kristina  |  November 27th, 2012 at 8:18 am

Woah, I’d be interested to hear how this goes! I’ve thought about doing juice cleanses a couple of times but have always wimped out. Good luck!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

• 13. Suzanna  |  November 27th, 2012 at 10:16 am

I love Blueprint so, so much. Also the Cooler Cleanse. How long is the discount code good?

• 14. Anonymous  |  November 27th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Their website does not work in Safari or Firefox, how frustrating, I’d love to look into this more!

• 15. rox  |  November 27th, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I’m SO DOWN to do this. I feel like this is just what my body needs right now. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!!

• 16. Pink Ronnie  |  November 27th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love this idea. Wish they were in Australia!
    Ronnie xo

• 17. Jessica @ MrsDoll  |  November 28th, 2012 at 2:07 am

I can’t wait to see how this goes! I’ve had such a hard time getting the rest of this baby weight off. Also I am a self-proclaimed carbaholic, too.

• 18. michelle schumaker  |  November 28th, 2012 at 7:27 am

How long will the offer code last? I want to wait until my next paycheck to get

• 19. Business Bites: Getting y&hellip  |  November 30th, 2012 at 5:14 am

[...] loss but – EUGH – I don’t half feel in desperate need of a detox at the moment. I blame Bri but I think I’m going to see how she gets on before I go into it wholeheartedly! Have you [...]

• 20. BLOGSHOP ATLANTA | D E S &hellip  |  November 30th, 2012 at 6:00 am

[...] we dined at the south city kitchen for buttermilk fried chicken (do you see why i was on a juice cleanse?) and ended the trip at west egg for hot cider cocktails. you guys sure know how to show us a good [...]

• 21. Liz  |  November 30th, 2012 at 9:38 am

Just bought the cleanse!! Ready to get this detox party started!

• 22. Liz White  |  November 30th, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I am definitely wanting to try this out… I have a juicer, but the ease and 20% off promo is making this way more tempting!

• 23. Sarah  |  December 9th, 2012 at 11:21 am

Will you be posting about how it went? I’d love to know!

Contemplating this, but I’m so worried about how it might affect me at work/during the work week…

• 24. HOTLANTA | Blogshop&hellip  |  December 29th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

[...] we dined at the south city kitchen for buttermilk fried chicken (do you see why i was on a juice cleanse?) and ended the trip at west egg for hot cider cocktails. you guys sure know how to show us a [...]

FUN PILLOWS…