MAKE IT / 25
this year has been filled with travel. mexico, paris, new york, london, san francisco, germany, and soon to be australia next month! one of my favorite things to do when i travel is to unwind and have a cocktail in a new place.
so i thought it would be fun to design a set of coasters that say “cheers!” in all of the languages that i’ve heard this year when i raised my glass. you can download the designs below and make these coasters for an upcoming happy hour in your house!
what you’ll need:
• print the downloaded designs & cut them out.
• “paint” on a generous but even amount of mod podge onto coaster and place cut circles on top of that. press firmly, flatten with fingers to get rid of bubbles. run tip of finger along the sides to get excess glue off. place under heavy book as it dries to keep from bubbling.
• after they are dry, “paint” a coat of mod podge on top of the printed design and let dry completely. add 1 – 2 more coats.
• glue on felt to the bottom of the coaster using tacky glue if you’d like!
if you want to put those coasters to good use, you’d best make this recipe.
The Very Mary Merry Berry
• 4 oz vodka
• 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
• 2 cups sugar
• 3 1/2 cups filtered water
• 1 (12oz) bag of fresh cranberries
• 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• 4 teaspoons rose’s sweetened lime juice
• tonic water
now let’s make some syrups!
• in a saucepan bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar to a slow boil. reduce heat, add add 4 sprigs of rosemary (we’re saving the 5th sprig for garnishes) and simmer for ten minutes.
• let cool, strain out rosemary sprigs and transfer mixture to a clean glass container
cranberry ginger syrup
• not too different from the above. in a saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups of water, ginger and 1 cup of sugar to a slow boil. reduce heat, add bag of cranberries and stir. they will start to “pop” in about five minutes. that’s when it’s done. let cool, and pour through a fine mesh strainer into a glass container.
invite 4 friends to belly up to the bar. fill each of their glasses with a couple ice cubes, 1 oz of vodka, 1 oz of rosemary syrup, 1 oz of cranberry ginger syrup . . . stir and then top off with tonic and a splash of rose’s lime juice. throw in a couple cranberries and a bit of that rosemary sprig for garnish. (they’ll be impressed)
cheers, salud, prost & santè!
photos: top photo by designlovefest instagram, rest of the photos by jen gotch
recipe by: jen gotch, see more recipes here!
more DIY projects here
sponsor: these holiday printables are brought to you by HP.
make other easy printable projects at HP’s Holiday HQ.