11.21.12

GIVE THE GIFT OF ART

as an artist myself, i always like to give art to other people and spread awareness about artists i love. i am constantly searching for art prints to feature in our blogshop goodie bags or pinning art to my interior pin boards. today, art.com has asked me to pull together some of my favorite art pieces that i would give for the holidays. as you can see from my picks below, i am mostly drawn to very bold, graphic statements…i just picture someone unwrapping one of these and giving them a big smile.

1. For your sister: Andy Warhol, Ice Cream Dessert
2. For your best friend: Andy Warhol, Hearts C.1979-84
3. For your colleague: Roy Lichtenstein, Girl with Ball
4. For your friend who moved into a new home: Mark Rothko, Untitled 1962
5. For your pen pal: Henri Matisse, Palme Blanche Sur Fond Rouge C. 1947
6. For your designer friend: Avalisa, Yellow Circles
7. For your boyfriend: Keith Haring, Crack is Wack
8. For your aunt: Caroline Gold, Twilight II

which is your favorite? -bri

(this post was a partnership with art.com)

• 1. Catfish & Caviar  |  November 21st, 2012 at 7:09 am

Art is the perfect gift for the Holidays. Better if you put your own work into it! :)

• 2. Brooke  |  November 21st, 2012 at 7:49 am

Great picks! Really loving “Crack is Wack” and “Ice Cream Dessert”. Thanks for sharing!

• 3. Joan  |  November 21st, 2012 at 8:16 am

I’ve been giving people photos for years, I might need to switch it up to some great prints this time around!

• 4. Sarah  |  November 21st, 2012 at 9:19 am

So beautiful! My sister (and best friend) has the Warhol heart print, and I have a Rothko that I love! Art is always such a great gift. It really does keep on giving.

• 5. Sarah  |  November 21st, 2012 at 9:29 am

I love the last one by Caroline Gold. You can never have too much art, although I’d be a little afraid to purchase for others since a taste in art is such a personal thing!

• 6. Sarah  |  November 21st, 2012 at 9:31 am

I agree, art can be such a special and intimate gift! I am such a Warhol fan, so my favorite would be the ice cream! The colors are so gorgeous and take you to another place!

• 7. alicia  |  November 21st, 2012 at 9:31 am

Too funny, I just placed an order last week! One poster for me and two as gifts, including Warhols :) Can’t wait for them to arrive <3

• 8. gloria waters  |  November 21st, 2012 at 9:44 am

always rothko. i will always love his work. i also like the boyfriend one too :)

• 9. Noor  |  November 21st, 2012 at 9:45 am

I love giving and buying art as well. My favorite place to shop from is Etsy I just adore finding new artists. Art always tells a thousand stories that can touch us in some way.

• 10. Daisy  |  November 21st, 2012 at 10:11 am

I love them all, but my favorite is the Ice Cream Dessert :)

• 11. Kristen  |  November 21st, 2012 at 11:03 am

I’m loving the Warhol ice cream! SOO cute and surprisingly affordable!

• 12. Holli  |  November 21st, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I’m pretty sure my boyfriend would be really excited about the one for him! :)

• 13. Jaimie  |  November 23rd, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Just ordered ice cream dessert for my kitchen! Perfect! :)

• 14. Bettina  |  November 26th, 2012 at 1:03 am

Giving the gift of art is a great gift to give this holiday season! I’m almost done painting up a set of frames for each of my friend. I decided to choose colors and patterns I feel most describe them so each piece is unique to how I see them. I’m hoping they love this over the usual nail polish and accessory goodies!

• 15. Kenzie Lee  |  November 26th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

You always find the best art! Kudos!

xo, Kenzie

• 16. The Wine Lover’s Gi&hellip  |  December 11th, 2012 at 8:16 am

[...] seen some really great ones this year here, here, here and here.  Oh, and I really like this one, too!  Gifts can be really hard to choose.  What I like to do is focus in on a hobby of the [...]

COOL BEACH TOWEL…