ADVICE / 40
today’s question: “what videos inspire you?”
(bonus, we gave you a bunch of good documentaries too!)
KATIE: i could sit on youtube and vimeo for hours. it’s like a black hole going from one video to another. i have a list of videos i want to make but my skills aren’t there yet. i’m asking for a blogshop video class for christmas help me learn some tricks. one day i’ll share my videos with you, but until then here’s a list bri & i put together for you…
• for color: geometry of circles 1 and ok go’s skyscrapers
• for type: saul bass’ the facts of life and catch me if you can opening sequence
• for style: kate spade new york’s spring 2012 and fall 2012 campaigns
• for animation: meghan eplett + language department – orange
• for dance moves: 100 years of east london and prada’s spring/summer 2011 campaign
• for beauty: wes anderson – from above
• for coolness: i don’t know what it says, but i want to participate and opening ceremony’s target go international
• for quirkiness: warby parker’s – the cat burglar and method’s – clean happy
AND some inspiring netflix documentaries to watch over the holidays with your loved ones!
• interesting to watch how times are changing: page one: inside the new york times
• always a good watch: the september issue!
• truly a fascinating couple: eames, the architect and the painter
• wow, this family pushes life to another level: surfwise
• ok, maybe this one is not inspiring…but it’s sure strange and awesome! the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia!
• the coolest dude and one of our faves: bill cunningham new york
• sounds cheesy but rent this one. really inspiring to watch her work ethic! katy perry, part of me
• these are great to watch with your guy. you will both be interested. especially in this one: 30 for 30, the two escobars
• you gotta love: the pixar story (great family watch)
• this made me respect ed hardy more: ed hardy, tattoo the world
• definitely one of the better music documentaries. loved it: when your strange (the doors)
• sometimes you just need mindless entertainment: joan rivers, a piece of work
• learn about street art: exit through the gift shop
we’d love to know your best watches too. we can never get enough of these!
enjoy your break everyone. hope you get some real relaxing couch time happening in your near future. -bri + katie